PDA

View Full Version : Making FF Characters into FFT units.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Have you ever donem this in FFT? Make any other Final Fantasy Character into a FFT unit, and stick with his job until the end?

I have done it with the Characters of FF4 only, used every Character of the game as my units. (all generic + Ramza and Mustadio for getting escutcheon II)

They were Cecil, Rosa, Kain, Rydia, Edge, Yang, Tellah, Edward, Palom and Porom (don't rememebr their names..), and even Cid and Freaking FuSoYa.

Flying Mullet
10-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I haven't done that but it does sound like a fun idea.

KentaRawr!
10-07-2004, 11:04 PM
I name some of my Units after my Friends/Family! My Geomancer, Miki. Chocobo, Tawi. Dark Chocobo, Shadow. Red Chocobo, Mowse. *all of those names I mentioned aren't their real names, so don't say "what were their parents thinking?!" lol* :chop:

The Amazing Spiderman
10-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Sorry, but your parents are not Final Fantasy Characters. =/

I'll possibly made FF8 characters, or FF7, but I'll need some time...

Behold the Void
10-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Give me a character and I'll tactics-ify them for you. I'm good at this sort of thing.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Above Post:

Cait Sith

:D

This was my rydia in FFT...

Rydia

Summoner

Brave: 67 Faith: 74

Summon magic
Black Magic
MP restore
Magic Attack UP / Half of MP /Short Charge
Move Mp-UP

Behold the Void
10-21-2004, 05:38 AM
Let me see here.

Cait Sith
Job: Cuddly Mascot
Weapon: Uses fists
Abilities:
Sound Burst: Emit a sound burst and damage a character at long range. Faith based. 3 range. Immediate. 300 JP
Deafening Shout: Damage hearing and make character unable to properly pronounce spells. Bestows "Silence" upon a target. Faith based. 4 range. Immediate. 200 JP
Cheer On: Raise Brave of a target. Faith based. 4 range. Immediate. 150 JP.
Heckle: Lower Brave of a target. Faith based. 4 range. Immediate. 150 JP
Distract: Yell at a target and cause their focus to waver. Lowers accuracy. Faith based. 3 range. Immediate. 300 JP
Call to Battle: Encourage a party member to get back up and keep fighting! Revives a fallen party member. 4 range. Immediate. 200 JP
Dice: Throw two dice, which determine damage. Amount increases with level. Faith based. 4 range. 2 effect. Immediate. 500 JP
Slots: Slots roll and can produce different results. Immediate. 1,000 JP
3 stars - Mog Dance: A small Mog restores the party's HP, MP, and nagative satus effects.
3 kings - Toy Soldier: Six toy soldiers appear as guests for the remainder of the battle.
3 bars - Summon: Cait Sith uses a spell at on a randomly chosen foe.
3 Mog - Transform: Cait Sith turns into a giant, gaining more hit points and attack power.
3 Hearts - Lucky Girl: Party's hit percentage increases for the rest of the battle.
3 Cait Sith - Instant Victory: This incredibly rare slot combination kills all enemies on the screen. This works even for bosses, but is very hard to get.
2 Cait Sith and a bar - Death to all: The party is instantly killed. Don't worry, much like Instant Victory, this is very rare.
Anything else - Toy Box: A toy box will appear and do a small amount of damage to a random enemy.

Cait Sith is difficult. His equip set would be much like Reis's.

Anyone else?

jimle1212
10-21-2004, 10:32 PM
hi im new!!!

The Amazing Spiderman
10-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Hi, don't spam up.

Nice, Nice, BtV. It closes up. But can you do it with generic abilities? ;)

Just messing around.

Behold the Void
10-22-2004, 07:36 AM
Good because I'm far too lazy to copy the rest of the Squire ability set. Anyone else have a request?

dodhungry
11-11-2004, 04:06 AM
I have made Final Fantasy people tacticsified before. Oh Sephiroth, Squall, and Vincent. I also took Ramza's dads name and used it for Ramza which was a hoot.

ApocalypticLeon
12-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Ooo, ooo, me! me! me!

Do Squall and Leon, if you can. Unless they are the same...

Behold the Void
12-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Squall/Leon is harder because I haven't played much of Final Fantasy VIII, but I'll see what I can do. I'll have to do some research and I'll get back to you on it.

feioncastor
12-13-2004, 03:43 PM
You know, I feel kinda nerdy even mentioning this, but along with pretending that your chars in FFT are really chars from other games, I'd also pretend like they had their own stories.

For example, one of my times through the game, I started with a Chemist named "Singleton". I'd make up a side story for him and all of my other characters because I already knew Ramza's story, so it was kinda boring by this time.

So let's say that I got into a random battle against some humans, and one of them was a random Squire named Jarret. I'd pretend that Singleton had some beef with Jarret because Jarret killed his brother or something, and I'd make sure that Singleton landed the final blow on Jarret, you know, to gain revenge.

Jeez, I'm wondering whether or not I should even post this because of how lame it seems. Well, here I go anyway.....

Feion

BudSoda02
12-14-2004, 07:31 PM
How'd you get Cait Sith & his Abilities in FF Tactics? Let me know...
Thanks- BudSoda02

Behold the Void
12-14-2004, 07:46 PM
How'd you get Cait Sith & his Abilities in FF Tactics? Let me know...

His normal limit breaks plus good old-fashioned creativity.

And as far as Squall is concerned...

Squall
Job: SeeD
Weapon: Swords, Guns (since there is no gunblade in FFT, uses one in either hand as a class feature.)
Abilities:
Rough Divide: Squall charges his blade and attacks, causing the ground to rise up. Brave based. Range: 4. Speed: 20. 300 JP.
Fated Circle: Squall jumps into the air and fires into the ground, causing flame to rise up all around him. Brave based. Range: 1 square all around Squall. Speed: 16. 500 JP
Blasting Zone: Squall summons a beam of light which comes smashing down upon his foes. Brave based. Range: 5. Blast: 3. Speed: 12. JP: 900
Lionheart: Squall charges a powerful strike that hits sixteen times. Brave based. Range: 1. Speed: 10. JP: 1200

Again, as I haven't played FFVIII all that much I can't really think of anything beyond his limits to give him. Any other requests?

dodhungry
12-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Hmm just thought of this. To bad you can't change the NPC's into people you don't like. ie: Wiegraf= bully at school......
OR....even making someone you like: ie: making a female character a current girl friend, ( or boy friend for whichever YOUR case may be).

ApocalypticLeon
12-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Sweet! Thanks Void! How about... Auron if you feel like it... :)

BudSoda02
12-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Why'd you just give me their stats on their games! (FFVII, FFVIII, etc.) Do i just put their names on generic units to get their abilities (LImit Break abilities) or what?!!! TELL me!!!!
Thamks (or not)- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

RedCydranth
01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
BudSoda, you can't actually get Cait Sith or Squall in FFT. He is creating these off of the top of his head. He mistook the topic and made it into a whole new one.

The original idea was rename blah squire characters names from other games and keep them one job that most examplifies that person i.e

Name: Yuna (FFX)
Job: Summoner

or

Name: Shadow (FFVI)
Job: Ninja

or

Name: Rikku (FFX)
Job: Chemist
Weapon: Knifes only (Rikku never used guns until X-2, and then she never had a sphere grid starting in item mixing)

What Behold The void did was take the real characters and create a job and skills for them as if they were in the FFT world, much like how Cloud was FFTacticized.

Did I ever rename characters to other FF chars? Nope. I renamed them to my friends names so its more involving to my own personal life.

Behold the Void
01-06-2005, 04:51 PM
The original thing was boring so I decided to do it differently :D

RedCydranth
01-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah, the topic is rather one sided, either you do or don't. Good job getting creative.

If I were to throw FF7 Characters into classes I'd make these:

Aeris: Priest
Tifa: Monk (She hits hard and is decent with heal magic)
Barret: Mediator
Vincent: Engineer
Cid: Lancer
Yuffie: Ninja (Duh!)
Red XIII: Red Panther
Cloud: Soldier (Duh!!!)
Cait Sith: Uribo?

Lamia
01-08-2005, 12:37 AM
You know, I feel kinda nerdy even mentioning this, but along with pretending that your chars in FFT are really chars from other games, I'd also pretend like they had their own stories.

For example, one of my times through the game, I started with a Chemist named "Singleton". I'd make up a side story for him and all of my other characters because I already knew Ramza's story, so it was kinda boring by this time.

So let's say that I got into a random battle against some humans, and one of them was a random Squire named Jarret. I'd pretend that Singleton had some beef with Jarret because Jarret killed his brother or something, and I'd make sure that Singleton landed the final blow on Jarret, you know, to gain revenge.

Jeez, I'm wondering whether or not I should even post this because of how lame it seems. Well, here I go anyway.....

Feion

Haha. I do that too.

BG-57
01-08-2005, 03:37 AM
And to think I felt foolish about wanting to write a backstory for Rad, Alicia and Lavian. :greenie: