PDA

View Full Version : Sad that after you lose 321 pounts you still look like...

Thunday Man
10-07-2004, 10:18 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040811/040811_ton_vlrg_8a.vlarge.jpg

See the full story here (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5670919/?GT1=4529)

Erdrick Holmes
10-07-2004, 10:23 PM
That's sad, I seriously feel sorry for the guy. Genetics played a bad hand when he was born. I don't give a crap what anybody says, genetics can make you obese, not you. My pal Mike is one of the fittest people I've ever seen in my life and he eats more then I do. I hope we figure out something in the human genome sometime in the future so this won't happen.

TasteyPies
10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Its not what you eat its what you do. I don't think he did his jumping jacks every morning. He definitly forgot to take morning walks.

Loony BoB
10-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Its not what you eat its what you do.
Actually, it does depend on the person, although nobody should get that bad. Personally, I eat like there's no tomorrow and I sit around on my arse all day at work and at home. I'm probably one of the lightest people I know, especially for someone 5'8". I'm 54kg, or something like 120 lbs (I forget).

Still, it has been proven that yes, even the fattest of people can lose massive amounts of weight depending on what they do, what they eat and probably a few other things I can't think of. Genes play a role in things such as how heavy your bones are, which can influence your body weight and metabolism and such, but that doesn't mean that you can't have muscle instead of fat.

EDIT: Not to say that there isn't a actual condition or disease that could cause such a problem - I just mean that people can't say "Oh, I'm just fat because of my genes." It'd have to be an official and medically confirmable condition/disease.

eestlinc
10-07-2004, 11:13 PM
well, people who don't exercise and eat a lot but never gain weight tend to start gaining weight once they pass a certain age, sometime in their 20s or early 30s.

DMKA
10-07-2004, 11:37 PM
That sucks...I'm glad he's making progress though. Losing 321 pounds in 8 weeks is nothing to overlook.

TasteyPies
10-08-2004, 01:58 AM
A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel
to be driven to a local livestock scale, where he could be weighed.

*ahem*

A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel
to be driven to a local livestock scale, where he could be weighed.

Thunday Man
10-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Funny :)

SeeDRankLou
10-08-2004, 02:58 AM
I hope that guys treatment goes well.

well, people who don't exercise and eat a lot but never gain weight tend to start gaining weight once they pass a certain age, sometime in their 20s or early 30s.
My grandfather (and the most of the males on my mom's side of the family) is a person like that. He is now 76, 6'2", 150lbs. So maybe in my family it's the 80s? :tongue: But in general you are right, hopefully nature is kind when/if that happens to me.

local livestock scale
Well what choice did they have. I don't know of a conventional scale that can weigh even half that much.

Dixie
10-08-2004, 03:02 AM
I feel so bad for him......:cry:

Shoyku
10-08-2004, 03:15 AM
He's just big boned.

nik0tine
10-08-2004, 06:33 AM
He's just big boned.

HAHAHAHA!!!! :D

Loony BoB
10-08-2004, 07:45 AM
My grandfather (and the most of the males on my mom's side of the family) is a person like that. He is now 76, 6'2", 150lbs. So maybe in my family it's the 80s? :tongue: But in general you are right, hopefully nature is kind when/if that happens to me.
Yeah, they say the same for my grandfather on my mum's side, which apparently I've been a spitting image of over the years. He did get fat in the end, but only because he started drinking. Got a pot belly and nothing more. I don't drink, so hooray.