PDA

View Full Version : Official video game tourneys

Erdrick Holmes
10-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Does anybody know of a page where I can look at dates and locations of official video game tournaments that give out prize money? I'm thinking of maybe taking my fighting game skills on the road.

Shoeberto
10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Google would be your friend. I think WCG does fighting games, but they also do CS, some soccer game, and some other stuff.

It'd probably take a lot of road-taking-to in order to get anything out of it, as the midwest isn't exactly the biggest area for game tournies.

White Raven
10-07-2004, 11:01 PM
You take your fighting skills to this tournament held here in Toronto:

LINK (http://www.rpschamps.com/media.html)

$10,000 purse to be won. :)

ZeZipster
10-08-2004, 12:00 AM
"Official"? I don't know about any companies sponsoring tournies... Usually cons have alot of cash prizes.

BatChao
10-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Depending on what games you are looking for. I know shoryuken.com usually has a section on tournaments for most popular fighters. soulcalibur.com has a list of tournies for just SC2. The really big one I know of takes place once a year usually in early summer. It's called Evolution and top players from around the world come to compete. It's fairly expensive (I think $30 a game), but I think the prizes are pretty good as well and you get fame and all that good stuff if you win. But the competitors are REALLY good. If you want to take a look at some of the past Evo matches, they have a DVD of each year you can buy. I think you can buy that from shoryuken.com

If you want to go a bit smaller, usually local arcades hold tournies for popular fighters every once in a while. Go to your local arcade and ask about it.