PDA

View Full Version : This Forum

Del Murder
10-08-2004, 01:35 AM
Is this forum really necessary other than a place for me to spam without the other staffers knowing? Might as well let you FFXI faithfuls decide. Not that it will matter.

Lionx
10-08-2004, 09:37 AM
I think it has purpose but since most of the people dont have an EoFF LS that is..JUST for EoFF..its not as useful as its suppose to be...however this does help new LSs that need people and stuff...i am not too sure...if it stops pruning maybe it smore useful..

Ichy
10-08-2004, 06:26 PM
I think that the number of threads that have been placed here then moved to their appropriate forums afterwards speaks for itself. If not, compare that to the number of legitemate posts in here.

Time for this forum to go, I believe.

DJZen
10-09-2004, 12:28 AM
The problem with this forum (and the FFXI forum, but this one moreso) is that it involves discussion about a game that lets you talk to other players within the game. I can talk to people about FFXI within FFXI. The other problem is that Linkshells weren't really made to span multiple servers (I doubt that it's even possible for that to happen), and there's few enough EoFFers on FFXI, and most of them are on different servers. It's better to discuss LSs in the game itself IMO.

Lionx
10-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Yea theres no central EoFF member based server we are on, theres alot on Midgard, theres alot on Alexander and Quzeltcolt too...so thats why its not so good...maybe seperate forums for all servers..but that might be too much to handle...

Miriel
10-09-2004, 01:43 AM
How 'bout we rename it the Del Murder Forum and keep it? ;)

Del Murder
10-09-2004, 02:58 AM
The way I see it is, anything that has to do with linkshells can be discussed in the main FFXI Forum. Not enough Eyesoners play this game for it to be necessary. But don't worry, as long as my fellow staff ignore my requests to delete it, it will forever remain the secret Del Murder Forum.

Citizen Bleys
10-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Yea theres no central EoFF member based server we are on, theres alot on Midgard, theres alot on Alexander and Quzeltcolt too...so thats why its not so good...maybe seperate forums for all servers..but that might be too much to handle...

A lot on Alexander?

I'm the only EoFF'er on Alexander.

Garland
10-29-2004, 02:17 AM
I once had a linkshell topic here, but being the 4th topic in the entire Linkshell forum, we were clearly running out of room, and my topic didn't survive the cut. As far as keeping or dropping the place, I'd use the same logic you use with any other new forum. Would you make a seperate FFII-J Forum? Probably not, because it doesn't get enough topics to survive on its own. There are several FFII-J topics in the I-IV forum. This place has a single linkshell topic. Just one. There used to be two or three, but they got deleted, and noone bothered to remake the topics. If the staff ever plan to use the old "There aren't enough topics to make it worthwhile" excuse they're so fond of in the Feedback Forum, they should uphold that principle here. The WLA could be moved to the FFXI-proper, and noone would know the difference.

EDIT: I mentioned moving the Glorious Alliance when I meant to say WLA. I don't know where I got that name from, to be honest.

Ichy
10-29-2004, 02:42 AM
*cough* The LS Formerly known as The Windurst Liberation Army (We are EventHorizon now and we are all the same crew in it... mostly) has a 449 post thread spanning 15 pages in here which is still on the main list, unlike any other threads that have anything to do with Linkshells. This thread contains an extremely significant portion of our history and would be a sincere shame to lose.

Despite my vote to nuke the forum, thought I'd share this little tidbit as a reminder ;)

Del Murder
10-29-2004, 04:22 AM
In the event the forum is removed all the threads would be moved to FFXI except for the random ones. I would never think of deleting it. The point was that we don't need a whole subforum for just one thread. Don't matter much, I don't any of the admins will ever get around to cleaning this place up, no matter how many times I asked.

Lionx
10-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Glorious Alliance is another LS on the midgardsomr server, and which i know some of the members personally and some a bit less..they are a huge LS and is more...diplomatic in their structure i think. Was with em and i still know and talk to a few ppl that i knew from their BBS.

WLA thread has been here since the release hasnt it? O.o what a marathon.

Del Murder
10-30-2004, 01:24 AM
All Linkshell threads should be in FFXI now.

I'll miss you, old friend.