PDA

View Full Version : I'm blue

Ki Ki
10-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Well it's not much of a topic, but I think it could be discussed a little.
Have you ever done bad in your exams? I mean real bad ...

Well I have. I think I have. It's really ... a terrible feeling.
So, exam stress. Actually it's after exam stress. Any ideas on dealing with it?

Polaris
10-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah in my math and chemistry exam it was horrible... I hate those disciplins... I'm glad that i don't have it anymore.... How to deal with it? Forget it, you'll have lots of others exams... :D (if you are 14 and your grades don't count to university, if it counts... you have other exams too)

Doc Sark
10-08-2004, 11:27 AM
I think a lot of people experience a feeling of dread post exam, its only natural, especially if it's a big one. I am lucky in that I don't often experience this and I don't mean to generalise but in my experience I have found this to be a trait quite common in girls. More often than not, all the girls I knew telling me how bad they'd done had done well.

So try not to worry about it. If you're results are terrible, than you can worry.

Armisael
10-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah,chemistry(5/20),maths(7/20)and physics(9/20),i hate them a lot..

but you shouldn't worry about this..i mean there's always 2-3 bad exams and like Doc Sark said you should worry only if your results are bad..

Levian
10-08-2004, 12:51 PM
dabadee dabada?

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-08-2004, 01:23 PM
If I was green I would die.

gokufusionss1
10-08-2004, 01:33 PM
i got three E's at a-level my experiment of sleeping through school is now deemed a failure.

Ki Ki
10-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Actually...this really should've been placed in EoEE...

Thanx guys. I guess you're right. So I won't panic for now... ^_^

theundeadhero
10-08-2004, 04:23 PM
smartness

Most of the time exam stress is caused by a lack of confidence that you know the information. If your confident, then you won't feel any test anxiety at all.

/smartness

I never had test anxiety at all through all my years of school. Funny that my confidence would be there cause I sure am scared to talk to girls, and so much more...

Iceglow
10-08-2004, 04:34 PM
something to scare the hell out of ya I once got a u in a physics exam and I want to be (and indeed could be) a fighter pilot

TasteyPies
10-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Geo Science exam, 500 questions long 60 mins to do it.....naw.

Ouch!
10-08-2004, 04:36 PM
I failed my mid-term chemistry final. When she curved it I only got a D-, lowest grade I've ever received.

It bothered me then, but I realized I still got a B in the class, and last year I didn't try, so I got B's in everything. So it didn't really bother me in the end.

Psychotic
10-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I got a D in my Graphics GCSE. You were supposed to do like, 40-60 pages on your folder thing. I decided to do 18. :cool:

GrimmReaper
10-09-2004, 03:10 AM
I'm not much too worried about exams myself. It's the quarters i'm worried about. Exams only run 25% of the grade, the quarter (kinda like a semester) being the other 75%. So if you finish the quarter with a fairly low grade, the exams can make ya, or break ya. If your decent (assuming your not exempt from the exam), then it's not much of a loss if you dont get anything on it.
I had some pretty bad experience in my english class this quarter, I got buggered outta my senior research paper. Now i've gotta retake the entire quarter and it's exam cause that's an automatic needle in the eye sorta thing. Not to mention it kicks my g.p.a down a bit.

<.<

kikimm
10-09-2004, 03:19 AM
It's not the exams I do bad on, but the tests. I'm a horrible test-taker, it seems, even if I feel confident enough.

But it's only in math. That's my one bad subject, so it looks a little odd when my report card comes in. 5 A's and a C-...but it'll probably be a D this around, which I've never gotten before in my life....urgh. It just makes me mad, because I'm never going to use algebra 2 again, ever. I see no point in learning it; but you can't fight the system.

:D

Ki Ki
10-09-2004, 03:39 AM
Well. I guess I'm not the only one who sucks at maths.
I'm only good at history and chemistry. Everything else is....terrible.
But still. I'll wait for my report. Then I'll kill myself, yea?

Shlup
10-09-2004, 08:58 AM
In high school I did poorly often because I didn't care. On the last Golden State Exam I took I wrote a story about a unicorn.

Last semester I did poorly in a class though. I don't think I've ever worked harder in a class, and I still got an F. Turns out, most of the class also got F's. You see, our teacher was a bigot. Most of the class wasn't deemed worthy to be apart of the deaf community, so she failed us. I know I've had grudges against teacher's before, but sheesh. Luckily I get good enough grades that I still have a 3.1GPA even with the F.