PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Magazines

bloody_rain
10-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Which gaming mag do you enjoy reading the most?
What about least liked?
Just wondering, that's all. Actually i'm planning to make a suscription to a magazine, but just one, so i want to know which i should i throw my rolls of cash on....

Here's mine:
Liked: Electronic Gaming Magazine - Most informative of all, it has all the latest news/updates. Also the Hsu and Chan comic, the most hilarious thing ever if you ask me.

Official Playstation Magazine - who can resist free cds in every issue? playable demos, awesome preview and cool behind-the-games, what more could you ask for, eh?
:mog:
Least liked:
Tips and Tricks - i don't see the point of having a magazine about cheats and strategy guides, you can always get them from the internet, for crying out loud

Well, what about you guys?

edczxcvbnm
10-08-2004, 04:34 PM
EGM now sucks. Their new lay out sucks compared to the old one and they just seem to be worse over all. In their reviews, previews and news. The seem to be more company pleasing than informative.

The only Magazine that I like is GMR. They write decent reviews and the also do PC games and it just isn't a blurb like in Game Informer(the worst of them all). They actually do quite a bit with PC. They also seem like they try to have fun.

Cz
10-08-2004, 04:43 PM
games™ (http://www.gamestm.co.uk/) is the finest gaming publication that money can buy. Seasoned gamers on staff, unbiased reviews, a dedicated retro section and insightful articles, all wrapped up in some of the slickest presentation I've ever seen from a magazine. Great stuff.

Shoyku
10-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I usually read PCGamer or PSM. Other than that, I get my information from varying sites.

Erdrick Holmes
10-08-2004, 07:49 PM
GI, they started out stupid (giving crap quality games high ratings or giving all of the good games low ratings) now they're just normal.

escobert
10-08-2004, 07:52 PM
I just read whatever looks good to me.

Aurey
10-08-2004, 07:55 PM
I read GMR, because I have a subscription for it. I like it. I used to read EGM, but my brothers nor I have bought a copy for a while, so, yeah.

I don't like Gampro. It's too kiddie. And too geeky like.

m4tt
10-08-2004, 08:13 PM
I currently subscrive to EGM but once my subscription runs out I'm not going to renew. They aren't a very good magazine, at one point I didn't get one from them for 4 months. Kinda weird to go from the April issue to the September issue and never see the ones between them..

Giga Guess
10-08-2004, 09:08 PM
OPSM, and Gamepro are my personal prefereces.