a sequel. The Matrix was good too, so was FFX. Sequels never live up to
the first part.

.opt

Chris
10-08-2004, 11:21 PM
I couldn't imagine a sequal to Final Fantasy VIII :shame:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-09-2004, 12:55 AM
There should be a game starring Laguna, Kiros, and Ward as the main heroes, either as a prequel or a sequel to FFVIII.

TasteyPies
10-09-2004, 01:10 AM
There should be a game starring Laguna, Kiros, and Ward as the main heroes, either as a prequel or a sequel to FFVIII.

I would play that.

rhiesa
10-09-2004, 06:41 AM
I would play any FF game :cry:

Ki Ki
10-09-2004, 06:53 AM
No way. Crazy.
That would be so wrong.
As if I could stand another game with that irritating Rinoa. puixx. >.<

Unless they were to kill her off and bring in a new girl who wasn't so whiney and lovesick....then NO thank you.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-09-2004, 05:08 PM
I'd play that 2! That will be cool. Just imagine Laguna doin' every sick & crazy thing he thinks! XD lol that'll be great. However I still think they must do something 'bout FFVIII cuz it's cool 2. I'll play any FF game 2... maybe I must stop saying '2' :mad:

Del Murder
10-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah that would be fun. The Laguna parts were always my favorite. And he had some killer battle music.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-09-2004, 07:55 PM
LAGUNA'S SICK & CRAZY COMMENTS RLZ!!!!!!!!!! oh, & by the way: Kiki, Rinoa is really really cool, but without her, what will it be to play Final Fantasy VIII?ˇ jeez, however I respect u :eep:

Chris
10-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Personally I really think that Laguna's past events are some
of the most melancholic and heart-achingly moments ever created!

Cetainly one of the highlights of the entire FF series.

Ki Ki
10-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Yeayea!

I wanna play more Laguna parts. I think he was awesome.

Rinoa_Galatea, er...thanx for respecting me?

But I think the game would've been better if they tweaked Rinoa's character a little. She was way too whiney. And a flirt. It was so easy for her to switch from Seifer to Squall...and she was apparantly 'inlove' with Seifer. She's so....arrg.

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2004, 05:03 AM
I totally agree with Kiki.

Anyway, I dont think there's much to build a sequel off of, but a game starring Laguna would most definitly be fun.

nik0tine
10-10-2004, 09:19 AM
I would play that.

A prequel with Laguna, Kiros and Ward? Hell yeah id play that!

Rusty
10-10-2004, 03:00 PM
I'd go for a prequel with Laguna, Kiros and Ward, but even though I love FF8, I dont want a sequel to it, they never live up to the first one.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-11-2004, 12:07 AM
However I still think that it'll be cool to see!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD

Vaprice
10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
I think the same as everyone else, this game was good. Which means they shouldn't make another game on this. They should just leave it.

Maybe if they re-did it, with voice actors or something would be interesting, but I think that would just be overkill, it would ruin our imaginations like when seifer would call zell chicken wuss, and Squall puberty boy!

Overkill I think.

Dark Matter
10-11-2004, 03:50 PM
I want to play as Seifer this time !!!!!!!!! :hyper:
He's strong, cool, ambitious, fearless ..... :cool:

How I love his quotes!!!!!!! :spin:
1. I love battles. I fear nothing. The way I look at it, as long as you make it out of a battle alive, you're one step closer to fulfilling your dream.
2. One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!
3. I've always gotta be doing somethin' BIG! I don't wanna stop. I'm gonna keep running! I've come this far... I'm gonna make it to the end, to the goal! There's no way I'm sharing it with you!

FFVIII-2 storyline :excited:
1. Dr. Odine wants to take over the world by means of the machine "Junction Machine Ellone".
2. Garden disbands. Squall and Rinoa go on honeymoon. Laguna stays in Winhill.
3. It's time for Seifer to save the world. :hyper:
4. Seifer falls in love with Ellone. :love:
5. Also, Raijin & Fujin, Zell & Selphie, Irvine & Quistis. :love:

DarkBlood
10-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Now that would be interesting...the game with Seifer as the main character. Same story, just his side of it.

That would be awesome!

Ouch!
10-14-2004, 02:18 AM
A game with Seifer as the main character sounds fun, but you'd lose the part of the game that is so rewarding a proper ending.

Sure, sad endings work, but Seifer didn't accomplish anything. He fulfilled his dream, but it'd just end after Lunatic Pandora. He disappeared in time compression and then when it was over he was fishing. It offered enough closure in FFVIII because he wasn't a playable character.

The ride there would be fun, sure. For a long time, you wouldn't have any other playable characters except his lackeys every so often, but then they'd go off to fight Squall & co.

There's too many holes to fill.

Now a game with Laguna, Kiros and Ward would be fun. You'd even be able to start before their antics began in FFVIII, like when they met each other. When they split up you could follow them as well and you'd get a look into Kiros and Ward.

Now that's a game I'd play.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-14-2004, 04:29 AM
I'd like to play Final Fantasy VIII with Edea Kramer as the main character... just imagine how cool would it be! :p I love her quotes, just read the follow:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-"Poor, poor boy... "
-"Stay away from me!" (Seifer)
-"Such a confused little boy. Are you going to step forward? Retreat? You have to decide."
-"Stay back!" (Seifer)
-"The boy in you is telling you to come. The adult in you is telling you to back off. You can't make up your mind. You don't know the right answer. You want help, don't you? You wan't to be saved from this predicament?"
-"Shut up!" (Seifer)
-"Don't be ashamed to ask for help. Besides, you're only a little boy."
-"I'm not... Stop calling me a boy." (Seifer)
-"You don't want to be a boy anymore?"
-"I am not a BOY!" (Seifer)
-"Come with me to a place of no return. Bid farewell to your childhood."
-"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now? She stands before your very eyes to become your new ruler. A new era has just begun. This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. Your time will come. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination. Let us end this ceremony with a sacrifice."
-"So the time has come. You're the legendary SeeD destined to face me? I must say that I am impressed... An impressive nuisance. Your life ends here, SeeD."
Just imagine how cool whould it be! XD, perhaps the dream-like parts will be from Ultimecia XD (Forget 'bout it, I'm crazy XDDDD)

RenoRox
10-14-2004, 05:30 PM
i'd play a laguna, kiros and ward game

i hate rinoa, ^^^^ i agree way too whiney,

laguna rox!!!!!

i wouldnt like a sequal to ff8 directly though, i think it wud ruin it as the ending kinda gave most the characters closure

D-mAcK17
10-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Having a prequel to the game would be awesome. i would so totally go for it. i love FFVIII. It was the first FF game i got. having a prequel, it would explain many things like how squall was born and all that. so let there be a PREQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!

Rinoa_Galatea
10-14-2004, 09:02 PM
I agree with D-mack17!!!

DarkBlood
10-15-2004, 08:16 PM
A game with Seifer as the main character sounds fun, but you'd lose the part of the game that is so rewarding a proper ending.

Sure, sad endings work, but Seifer didn't accomplish anything. He fulfilled his dream, but it'd just end after Lunatic Pandora. He disappeared in time compression and then when it was over he was fishing. It offered enough closure in FFVIII because he wasn't a playable character.

The ride there would be fun, sure. For a long time, you wouldn't have any other playable characters except his lackeys every so often, but then they'd go off to fight Squall & co.

There's too many holes to fill.

Now a game with Laguna, Kiros and Ward would be fun. You'd even be able to start before their antics began in FFVIII, like when they met each other. When they split up you could follow them as well and you'd get a look into Kiros and Ward.

Now that's a game I'd play.

It wouldn't be that hard to put other characters in.

And I'm sure he wasn't in Lunatic Pandora, floating around in Time Compression doing nothing at all, and then suddenly fishing.

I would play either a prequel or a Seifer game.

I would play a sequel, too. But I wouldn't expect anything good.

Armisael
10-15-2004, 09:29 PM
A sequel may not be bad..with Laguna of course..

Dignified Pauper
10-15-2004, 10:10 PM
I would not be impressed. the Laguna thing isn't really a sequel.

Necronopticous
10-15-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm sure if Square ever decided to make anything based on Final Fantasy VIII it would be mind-blowing, so personally, as always, I trust them. I don't really care if they do or don't. If they do, awesome, I'll be able to live one of my favorite installments of the series again in a new way. If not, awesome, there will be plenty of great new Square games to keep me entertained.

Actually, since we're on the subject, I always thought Laguna would make a good star for a film, whether it's a spinoff, backstory, or whatever. I would dig a live action film with Laguna Loire, even if it wasn't made by Square. I don't know how good of a game you'd be able to make with him since everything really interesting about him is already known and sort of played through, although I'm sure they could come up with a great film plot, what do you think? I've always thought about the possibility of good live action movies made on the premise of Square games. Half the fun would be seeing the awesome realistic cosplay.

TheAbominatrix
10-16-2004, 12:16 AM
I would not be impressed. the Laguna thing isn't really a sequel.

That's because it's a prequel.

It wouldn't be that hard to put other characters in.

But it would destroy the continuity of the original game if he suddenly had a bunch of allies with him.

Ouch!
10-16-2004, 02:21 AM
And I'm sure he wasn't in Lunatic Pandora, floating around in Time Compression doing nothing at all, and then suddenly fishing.
And I'm sure some time elapsed between the end of time compression and the ending FMV. I doubt that as soon as Squall & co. came back they'd have a party at Garden. They'd have to time to set up, during this time, Seifer & co. would make it from Lunatic Pandora to FH or Balamb. I can't remember where they were fishing at, it's been too long.

TheAbominatrix
10-16-2004, 02:38 AM
I'm pretty sure they were fishing in Balamb, by the look of the docks and all. Not that it's very important xD

D-mAcK17
10-16-2004, 05:05 AM
now that i think about it, it would be nice to have a sequel with Laguna in it. u would have so many stories to it. for instance, have hime check up on squall and rinoa. or find out other charactoers too like zell. there's so much i can't think of them. but having a sequel would be nice and and prequel too.

DJZen
10-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Maybe if there was a sequel that was like The Sims. Squall and Rinoa have to live together and complete various tasks. Meanwhile Zell keeps coming over and eating your food, Irvine gets drunk and breaks things, Quistis makes dispariging remarks about your taste in decor, and Selphie just won't shut up, no matter how much you hit her or tell her to leave. You have to balance all of this out with keeping Squall's feeble sense of self worth intact, and preventing Rinoa from letting the word "whatever" get to her.

If you can manage to not get arrested, you win.

Dragon Ash
10-16-2004, 12:58 PM
lol, that sims idea is pretty good but i'm thinkin it would never happen. or if it did, final fantasy fans around the country would spontaneously commit suicide!

ffviii rox and i would love a sequel, altho they'd probably muck it up. but they have to do somethin with it, especially since ffvii is getting all the attention.

Turk
10-16-2004, 05:33 PM
I would want a sequal of Seifer and his 2 people.

His future at the end of the game is still unclear.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-17-2004, 02:41 AM
I preffer Edea's life, or the dumb things 'bout Laguna XDDDDDDD but I guess it's cool 2!!!!

fire_of_avalon
10-17-2004, 06:20 AM
I think it's a silly idea because FFVIII, though not as well respected as others in the series, ties up loose ends the best I've seen out of the games. Basically, there's no REASON for there to be a sequel, there's no storyline to build off of for a sequel. I wouldn't want these characters in a totally pointless plot.

A prequel with Laguna would be an ok game, but again, it would have little to nothing to do with the original plot. Yeah, you could see him meet Kiros and Ward, and run around doing silly missions for Galbadia. Perhaps even run around the world as a journalist for a while, but after that, what would you do? What would be your great evil?

Doomgaze
10-18-2004, 05:26 AM
Um, Adel?

PuFi
10-18-2004, 07:29 PM
I suppose so, but a game with Laguna as the lead character i think would be very fun! also the idea of being able to see what the other characters were up to..that could work!

Rinoa_Galatea
10-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Everything Laguna does is cool, besides that's a great idea. I'll have to see how far they can go with Laguna!!!!

Tanwen Strife
10-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I think a game which deals with the bit in the middle would be cool ie. inbetween the time frame of the Laguna flashbacks and the actual game. It could show how Laguna came to be president, his marriage to Raine, why he gave up Squall (if he was his father) and all the jazz. It would have to take place over a rather long time period though probably.

I don't think they will ever do anything with VIII though because there are considerably less loose ends than there were in VII (which had mysteries and annoying things they left undone by the BUCKET load). With VIII they leave it up to you to work out what you think will or had happened. Which is the way I like it franckly.

D-mAcK17
10-29-2004, 11:42 PM
I guess it would be kinda pointless to have a sequel because there wouldn't be much to work with. of course unless u do the sims idea. but if square did do a prequel, i'm sure they would come up with a good story line to it even though it would be difficult. but how could it be difficult when those guys come out with unexplained totally awesome games like ffvii and ffx. theres just no way they would let u down. VIVA LA SQUARE ENIX!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnage
10-30-2004, 01:00 AM
A sequal to FF8 definantly makes more sense than makeing a sequal to FF7.

Edit:Than makeing 4 SEQUALS TO FF7!!!!

nik0tine
10-30-2004, 01:55 AM
4 sequels to FF7 is absurd, and i imagine that htey are going to ruin FF7 with this many sequels. The only thing i could stomach for FF8 is a prequel with Laguna. It would be pretty damn awesome to have a storylne revolving around the sorceress wars, and the revolution in Esthar.

Vaprice
10-30-2004, 03:07 AM
It would be all right to have lagunas story but I would still think it is overkill. Especially with 4 FFVII's.

Why 4? But it would be neat to see lagunas point of view. But they'd have to come up with some creative stuff. Like the voices if they put that in...

Dragon Ash
10-30-2004, 11:16 AM
ok, this is annoying me now.

people keep saying that there's nothing to work with sequel-wise in ffviii.

uh, have you guys forgotten rinoa's a sorceress now?

isn't that a pretty major basis for a sequel?!

SephirothsMistress
10-30-2004, 04:32 PM
things I would like to point out
1. get it right. 2 sequels, one prequel. for ff7ac.
2. Ooh, how come you are all obsessed with Laguna?
3. Sequels arent as great as the original. Yuna in FFX2? Need I say more? No.
4. Those ideas you have for prequels and sequels look nice but they wont work. If they wanted to have made a sequel by now, wouldnt they have done it?
5. Rinoa must die.
6. FFVII does not need a sequel. FFVII doesnt need one, but it all looks smooth and things did need to be explained. Nothing in FFVIII needs to be explained now.
7. Rinoa must die.
8. So, Rinoa is a sorceress? She's http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gife. :P
9. Rinoa must die.
10. Anyone suggesting a sequel with the love thang continuing must die.
11. Rinoa must die.
12. Squall must die
13. I do like Laguna, dont get me wrong.

Yep. Im done. ^_^

Squall Leonheart 83
10-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Honestly, FFVIII was awsome, and there shouldent be a sequil becouse they will ruin it what they should do thow is remake it for the pst and inhance the graphics maybe add a little bit but dont change the story ^^ that would be awsome

Vaprice
10-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Okay the sorceress Idea is okay but where and how would you go from there from the ending of FFVIII?

And I dont really think there should be a FFVII sequel as well but things did need ot be explained.

But FFVIII does not need a sequel. I think that should be lead up to Fanfics. You can do anything witht that, anything of your desire. If you want to explain what happens after the end in FVIII good for you.

SephirothsMistress
10-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Okay the sorceress Idea is okay but where and how would you go from there from the ending of FFVIII?

And I dont really think there should be a FFVII sequel as well but things did need ot be explained.

But FFVIII does not need a sequel. I think that should be lead up to Fanfics. You can do anything witht that, anything of your desire. If you want to explain what happens after the end in FVIII good for you.

FFVII did need a sequel. You're telling me, after 500 years, people wouldnt like to have known what happened before that large time gap?

D-mAcK17
11-04-2004, 12:35 AM
I do agree that having 4 freakin sequels to FFVII is absurd but the original sequel to it, advent children, is a great on to have. so that is why i don't think making a prequel or a sequel to FFVIII is gonna suck. u can't just look at the bad parts of the sequels, u need to look at what u would get out of it like the laguna story around the sorceress' war. that would be a good game to play because of the story line and the depth in it.

SephirothsMistress
11-04-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm trying to look at the good things. Honestly, I don't see anything "great"to make a sequel or prequel to FF8. I ain't and FF8 fanboy/fangirl, and I aint too keen on Laguna. I hate all these sequel ideas. WE DO NOT NEED THEM. TRY MAKING NEW GAMES.

Zante
11-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Laguna was the best part of the game. I would love a prequel with him.

you could see him meet Kiros and Ward, and run around doing silly missions for Galbadia. Perhaps even run around the world as a journalist for a while, but after that, what would you do? What would be your great evil?

I for one would like if they would change the kill the vilian-save the world concept of the series.

And I think Square could make a sequel/prequel to almost any of the games if they would want to, they only chose FVII because it is the one most liked.

Itsunari 2000
11-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Sure , Laguna and co's story is interesting , it's among the foundations for the events that make up the main element of the game - without Laguna , we would have no Ellone , no Squall , no liberation of Esthar from the tyranny of Adelle. Laguna's experiences are vital to the story , as they serve as a link for Squall and co. with their mysterious pasts.
However interesting it might be , Laguna and co's story may not be consistent enough to provide a solid prequel in the FF series , especially for a groundbreaking classic like FF8. Sorry people , but however fun it might be to actually play as Laguna and co. for the entire game , I don't think there's enough in there for a reasonably enjoyable addition to the series ...