PDA

View Full Version : ffX, Ultima end!

ff babe
10-09-2004, 07:52 AM
why did seymour kill his own mother, and then use her as the summon ultima?
i think it's sick, twisted and why didn't his mum just kick his bad arss as ultima?

Jolts
10-09-2004, 08:08 AM
First of all, this belongs in the Final Fantasy X section, and second, the Aeon's name is Anima, not Ultima. Lastly, he did it for power. He didn't want to at first, but his mom was willing to sacrifice herself for him.

Big D
10-09-2004, 08:33 AM
i think it's sick, twisted and why didn't his mum just kick his bad arss as ultima?Seymour didn't kill her, she became a Fayth of her own free will. She knew that he was an outcast, since he's half-Human, half-Guado. One side of him belongs to a greedy, widespread people who rule most of the planet, the species whose actions were what created Sin in the first place. His other half is Guado, a small species, but who believe that they're the superior form of life.
So he's kind of in limbo, not fitting in anywhere. To survive and prosper, he'd need the one thing that breaks down all boundaries: power.
She gave up her own freedom, and sealed her soul inside a Fayth statue, becoming the Aeon known as Anima. She did this so that her son would have power; a power such as Summoning earns a lot of respect in Spira.
However, Seymour wanted more power. He rose through the ranks of Guado society, but also learned more about the cycle of death and destruction that rules Spira. He hatched his plan to gain more power within the Temples of Yevon, but one man stood in his way: Jyscal Guado, his own father, and a man of virtue and goodness. So Seymour killed him - his own father - to clear a path to his own false glory.
why didn't his mum just kick his bad arss as ultima?When a Fayth is sealed inside its statue, it's basically helpless - it'll do whatever its summoner commands. Fayth can still think and feel and dream, but only summoners can call and manipulate Aeons. She eventually found out that Seymour was abusing his power, but there was nothing she could do. Seymour's mother is a really tragic figure - a mournful, caring woman whose goodwill was almost destined to backfire.

Side note: 'Anima' is the psychological term for the 'female half' of someone's personality. The male half is called the 'Animus'. It's theorised that everyone's personality has male and female attributes; Seymour's mother is representative of his own anima, in a way.

Jolts: there's no need to sound so harsh with somebody who's new to EoFF. It doesn't hurt to explain things nicely now and then. EoFF is big and complex; it takes a while to get used to it.

:)

Jolts
10-09-2004, 09:07 AM
I wasn't harsh. I had no emotion when typing that, and was only making a statement. I appologize if it "sounded" mean.

Big D
10-09-2004, 09:26 AM
I wasn't harsh. I had no emotion when typing that, and was only making a statement. I appologize if it "sounded" mean.Ah, that's cool then.:cool:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/biggthumpup.gif

Dark bahamut
10-10-2004, 01:52 PM
it was his old man, lord jyscal that seymour killed

Blue Typhoon
10-10-2004, 05:14 PM
i think it's sick, twisted and why didn't his mum just kick his bad arss as ultima?
Ultima? Ultima is a spell. I think you mean Anima. At any rate...it wasn't Seymour's fault that his mom died either...[/color]

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-11-2004, 05:31 AM
I've never heard of the Anima/Animus thing, all I know is that Anima is latin for soul or spirit.

Big D
10-11-2004, 06:45 AM
I've never heard of the Anima/Animus thing, all I know is that Anima is latin for soul or spirit.The psychological usage of the Latin anima (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anima) and animus (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=animus) are from theories developed by Jung.

geannaweed
10-21-2004, 05:04 AM
Where's this episode in FFX? The part to get Anima? I was not able to get Anima bcoz my BF forgot to get one of the destruction spheres at Besaid. And bad luck for me, I was never able to get back to Besaid.

Big D
10-21-2004, 05:18 AM
Eventually, you'll be able to get back to Besaid. Trust me, nothing's truly out of reach. You can re-enter the Temple and complete the Destruction Sphere challenge, then go to Baaj Temple and claim Anima, as well as seeing all those revealing, informative scenes.
:)

Rostum
10-21-2004, 06:19 AM
His mother wanted to become Anima to protect Seymour. Seymour killed his father, not his mother.

Halenite
10-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Don't forget though, if you missed the destruction sphere in Bevelle, you will not be able to get Anima ever.

Necronopticous
10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Don't forget though, if you missed the destruction sphere in Bevelle, you will not be able to get Anima ever.

The destruction sphere in Bevelle is mandatory for completion of the Cloister of Trials, you can't miss it.

Halenite
10-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Oops, I guess it is, forgot about that. :rolleyes2