PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally lost!!!!

i-kant
10-09-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm at South Figaro!!! I've gone from here to Narshe and back again for at least 5 times trying to find some missing route that will lead me out of this cycle!!!!

To give you some context, i'm in WoB and i'm about to go to forbidden continent for the second time (The first time, I jumped off when I could, because I needed to get water rondo for mog). I have done that, and to get water rondo, I had to leave my airship outside crescent mountain (just before going on serpent trench to get mog's water rondo). Anyways, now I need to get back onto the veldt via Barren Falls, but I don't know how to get from South Figaro to Barren falls!!! I've been everywhere!!! returner's hideouts, mt. kolts half a dozen times, sabin's house....narshe....

????????????????????????

Del Murder
10-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Try the raft at the returner's hideout that you used with Banon near the start of the game.

Inferno
10-09-2004, 05:39 PM
You can also take the boat from South Figaro to Nikeah, then take a chocobo and get directly to Baren Falls.

Del Murder
10-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Wow that's much easier.

Remnant
10-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I actually just did this, albiet at a earlier stage, when I first get Mog. I usually take the "Tour de Mog", where, as above, I start out by going on the raft from the returner's hideout, and basically go through Sabin's scenario (which has the effect of getting the bulk of Mog's dances, including water rondo), and take the boat TO South Figaro which is neat when the empire occupies the place, because the captain smuggles you to the edge of town in a treasure chest then, I go through Mt. Kolts (where you initially get Sabin) and walk back from there to the Returner's Hideout. (Where I started, and thus, where the airship is parked).

But, yeah, in your case, I'd do the chocobo thing, as you're probably sick to death of wandering around.

i-kant
10-09-2004, 07:05 PM
You can also take the boat from South Figaro to Nikeah, then take a chocobo and get directly to Baren Falls.

I'm assuming by boat you mean that ship at the dock at the south end of south figaro? If this is it, then i don't see how I can use that to get to nikeah, since the two guys on the boat say "this boat won't be going anywhere".

It seems that boat is only useful for getting from nikeah to south figaro, not back...

Remnant
10-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Actually, looking back at the original post, he might be having the same problem I did for a little bit.

He's been to the returner's hideout, but might not know how to get to the raft-

Here's how to find it:
Go into the hideout, and go into the room in the NE corner that contains the savepoint- the room where you first met Banon. Now, look for an indentation in the southern wall of the room- though you can't see it, there is a door there that takes you to a tunnel, which takes you to the raft you used earlier in the game- the raft will take you through Sabin's path this time, meaning you will end up on the Veldt.

Strider
10-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Okay, so what you do is go back through the cave and head back up to Nikeah that way, right? Then, from there, go north to where the path was blocked before, and then head east (otherwise known as right) along the mountains.

i-kant
10-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Ok i'm in WoR now...!!!

I got the falcon. it seems like a really bad ship. there's no healing place, and no shop!!! Am I missing something? what about that room with a chair?

Also, while I was cruising around in the falcon, I got attacked by doom gaze? Does that happen often? Do I have to worry about getting attacked from the airship now that i'm in Wor???

Remnant
10-10-2004, 05:48 AM
Yes, you lose the healing area and shop in the falcon, but there are plenty of shops to stock up on supplies in, and GP flows like water.

As for Doom Gaze... well, most people have the opposite problem- they can't find him when they want to fight him. It is not a requisite that you fight him, but, if you do manage to kill him, the reward is worth the effort.

Doomgaze
10-10-2004, 06:10 AM
RAAR

i-kant
10-11-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm lost again. I have already done the Figaro castle quest where you get Edgar to join.

But now i want to go back to Figaro castle (according to walkthru), but I don't know where it is!!! I tried going to Figaro cave (left of South Figaro), and jumping across that turtle, but that way seems to be blocked even though it was open before1

help!

Flying Mullet
10-11-2004, 07:36 PM
If you have Edgar now then the castle is back up above ground, so it will be near either Kohlington or Narshe, just like it is in the WoB.

i-kant
10-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Ok found it...

I have more problems...

I chose Raganork sword, and then a friend of mine told me that Raganok esper gives you ultima - the best magic spell in the game, so then I want to get that.

To get it, you have to fight 255 battles with cursed shield equipped by someone (with ribbon to help). I'm wondering. will I get the esper when i'm done 255, and will I then be able to equip the esper on all my characters? or do I have to do this 255 battles for EVERY character?

Flying Mullet
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
After 255 battles the Cursed Shield will change into the Paladin Shield. In addition to being a powerful shield, the Paladin Shield teaches the person that has it equipped Ultima x1, much like the Thunder Shield teaches the bearer Bolt2 x2 (I believe).