PDA

View Full Version : The Horror of Hard Work Lost

Strider
10-09-2004, 07:21 PM
When was the last time you lost a lot of work because of something that went unexpectantly wrong?

I was workin' on a bit of my story the other day. Now, I'm not normally "like WOW" with any of the work that I do, but the stuff I was writing was brilliant stuff. It had everything I wanted: tension, action, energy... and then, of course, something had to go wrong.

Something happened with the computer I was using and I ended up losing the whole post. I was mad, safe to say, and it still sucks two days later. I probably won't end up workin' on it for another week now. :(

StarlightAngel
10-09-2004, 07:24 PM
That happens to me when I'm working on a story or a picture. It pisses me off to no end. :mad2:

DMKA
10-09-2004, 07:29 PM
I was writing a long drawn out review for a video I had just seen on AMV.org (www.animemusicvideos.org). It was by far the longest review I'd ever written, and I had just got done, I clicked the submit button, and then "This Page Cannot Be Displayed", so I push back, and EVERYTHING is gone. I was so mad because I had spent atleast a good hour on this review, that I didn't go back to the site for like a week. I was just so mad and I never did go back and redo the review.

There have also been a few times I was doing a very leghty post here and then it wouldn't end up posting...thats why now I always copy it all before I hit submit.

Del Murder
10-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Well, it is bad sometimes, but when the work is an elaborate scheme to take over the world I am more than glad to put a stop to it.

Peegee
10-09-2004, 08:22 PM
The save function is your friend. If you're doing a long forum post, use notepad or pico or nedit or whatever :D

Yamaneko
10-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I've never worked in my life, thankfully.

Leeza
10-10-2004, 12:09 AM
That's happened to me at work quite often. I get so into what I'm typing that I forget to save and then this little window will pop up saying <i>Explorer has performed an illegal operation and will have to shut down.</i> Pages of work and formatting all gone, but I can't just forget about it 'cause it's work so I have to do it over again...only faster this time because I'm losing time.

o_O
10-10-2004, 02:57 AM
Well, the other day, I was working on a review for Finalgaming, and I could've sworn that I saved my work, only when I went to reopen it, I discovered that I had literally -lost- my work. Not because of a computer crash or anything, I just couldn't find it. :p

Logan
10-10-2004, 03:23 AM
I typed up my french homework, added the accents on the e's and everything, and made it fine and dandy. I clicked print and closed the window and then it told me I was out of ink. So I had to retype it on the laptop and print it downstairs.

Moral: SAVESAVESAVE. :D

Rostum
10-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Never lost anything due to my computer being silly. Only once at school, but those computers are extremely crappy.

Meat Puppet
10-10-2004, 08:02 AM
This is happened to me before, which is why I always do hard copy drafts before typing it into a word processor, and when doing that I save often.

nik0tine
10-10-2004, 09:05 AM
I've never worked in my life, thankfully.

Silmaril
10-10-2004, 10:04 AM
I never had a problem like that.

Arcana Duck
10-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Ye-e-e-e-s! I was typing up my story, and the next thing I know when I start the computer up, C:\ went ka-boom! :mad2: Also, I had made a Remote script for IRC, and I had it on seven different .ini Documents. Put together, it made 15,007 lines, but oh well--that's life. :shifty: