PDA

View Full Version : New Chrono game?

HunterFlamebrow
10-10-2004, 04:07 AM
Do you think Square should make another Chrono game? And how should it be related to the two that came before it? Should it be as distant as the FF's are from each other, a direct sequel, or a more inderect sequel (as CC was to CT)?
Also, what subject matter would you have it discuss?

Myself, I would like a game that delves more into CT and CC Magus' search for Schala, and his connection with Guile, or CC Harle, and the other six dragons

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2004, 05:05 AM
Depends. I'd rather they fail to make another than to make another and have it suck.

The indirect sequel was fun, but I'd like to have a direct one as well... I'd like to see what happened to Guardia and Crono and Marle, because of the hints in the PSX version's ending, and because of what happened to Lucca

Rostum
10-10-2004, 06:01 AM
The indirect sequel was fun, but I'd like to have a direct one as well... I'd like to see what happened to Guardia and Crono and Marle, because of the hints in the PSX version's ending, and because of what happened to Lucca

Didn't it say in Chrono Cross that Luca, Crono and Marle died?

I could be very well wrong, seeing as I haven't played the games in awhile.

TheAbominatrix
10-10-2004, 06:06 AM
No. Lynx and/or Harle kill Lucca during the fire at the orpanage flashback. It's never said what happened to Crono and Marle, but it can be assumed Lynx killed them as well, when the Porre army invaded Guardia and took it over. I'd rather know for sure though

StarlightAngel
10-10-2004, 06:54 AM
I recall searching for Chrono Trigger images when I saw this game box that had something to do with 'Chrono' Can't remember what tho. I do remember it being rated 'M' for mature.

Magus
10-11-2004, 03:10 PM
i ... don't quite understand ... :confused:

what does that have to do with making another sequel to chrono or what happened to lucca and the rest of teh party. :confused:

TheAbominatrix
10-11-2004, 09:26 PM
What's to understand? Because of the extra ending on the PSX rerelease of Chrono Trigger, there's now a mystery as to what happened to the three heroes from the 'present' time. If there's a sequel, we'd like to know the answer.

Edit: Oh and Starlight, that's probably a fake. Box art is done waaaay down the line in production, not to mention that the Chrono series is never higher in the ESRB's than Teen.

Or it could have something to do with the Japanese manga Chrono Crusade (or, as they spell it, Chrno Crusade), which is completly unrelated to Chrono Trigger in any way.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-12-2004, 09:43 PM
But get this: "Chrono, prepare the Cross Barrier (http://www.animejump.com/modules/ProdReviews/images/manga/chronocrusade1-1.jpg)."

DJZen
10-12-2004, 09:59 PM
I thought Squenix WAS doing another Chrono game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Around January 2003, Square registered the names Chrono Break and Unlimited SaGa. Then they made Unlimited SaGa but did nothing with Chrono Break, and the registration was allowed to expire a while ago, making it apparent that Square won't be doing another Chrono game for a while. Which is silly, really, since now that they've combined with Enix, they could much more easily reassemble the Dream Team that produced Chrono Trigger.

Outsider
10-13-2004, 02:06 AM
What's to understand? Because of the extra ending on the PSX rerelease of Chrono Trigger, there's now a mystery as to what happened to the three heroes from the 'present' time. If there's a sequel, we'd like to know the answer.

I saw the "extra ending" on the PSX version of Chrono Trigger, but I couldn't find any mystery in it...

Are you talking about the one that shows Chrono and Marle getting married, and Lucca finding a baby? (I believe that baby is CC's Kid, but I'm not sure about that).

I think that a sequel to Chrono Trigger would have to be damn good, and fit in the original game.

And I also think that a good sequel to CT would be like Highlander 3, and simply ignore whatever happened in the previous sequel.

TheAbominatrix
10-13-2004, 02:17 AM
No. In that ending, yes the baby is Kidd. In answer to your first. The ending I'm refering to is the one that shows the destruction of Guardia and speaks of the Masamune being lost again

DJZen
10-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Around January 2003, Square registered the names Chrono Break and Unlimited SaGa. Then they made Unlimited SaGa but did nothing with Chrono Break, and the registration was allowed to expire a while ago, making it apparent that Square won't be doing another Chrono game for a while. Which is silly, really, since now that they've combined with Enix, they could much more easily reassemble the Dream Team that produced Chrono Trigger.

Although it's possible that with the flux of the merger, things got a little chaotic and they wanted to hold off on it until DQVIII, FFXII, and KHII are done. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the dream team back in action. I thought that the CC characters and monsters were a little uninspired in comparison (except the voodoo doll, he's by far my favorite).

Outsider
10-13-2004, 03:43 AM
No. In that ending, yes the baby is Kidd. In answer to your first. The ending I'm refering to is the one that shows the destruction of Guardia and speaks of the Masamune being lost again

Oh... I never saw that one.

I dunno... For some reason reason I don't like the way it sounds. It sounds cool for an extra, alternative ending. But I'm not sure if that would be a good way to start a sequel...

Well, I never saw that ending and what do I know... By the way, what should I do to see this ending you speak of?

TheAbominatrix
10-13-2004, 04:52 AM
Im not sayin they should start it that way, but if there was a sequel, I'd like to know what that was all about.

I'm pretty sure you get it automatically after you've beaten the game twice. It's been a while though, so you may wanna check gamefaqs to be sure.

Magus
10-15-2004, 01:07 AM

Edit: Oh and Starlight, that's probably a fake. Box art is done waaaay down the line in production, not to mention that the Chrono series is never higher in the ESRB's than Teen.

Or it could have something to do with the Japanese manga Chrono Crusade (or, as they spell it, Chrno Crusade), which is completly unrelated to Chrono Trigger in any way.

In fact, what i didnt understand was what the rated M box had to do with the topic.

well at least now we know(guess) what happened to 5 of the characters. Frog got killed in the invasion of Guardia(probably)so the Masamune was lost, Crono and Marle probably got killed since they were king and queen, Magus is somewhere with Kid and Serge & later on Lucca died killed by Lynx.

TheAbominatrix
10-15-2004, 02:57 AM
Starlight said she saw box art for a new Chrono game, and it was rated M. I was responding to her, simple.

What does Frog, who lives in 600AD, have to do with the events that happened in Crono's time? You say Crono and Marle probably got killed, which is what my entire wish has to do with. It never says for sure what happened to them, and I want to know.

Outsider
10-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Im not sayin they should start it that way, but if there was a sequel, I'd like to know what that was all about.

Oh, yeah, I should have read carefully your post.

I guess I don't like it because it would be like that one is the real ending for Chrono Trigger, what's a little frustrating in my opinion... But it would be interesting to see what happeened, that's for sure.

Necronopticous
10-15-2004, 07:01 AM
I hope you can get Spekkio in your party if there is a new Chrono game. I love that adorable bastard.

Magus
10-18-2004, 04:28 AM
Starlight said she saw box art for a new Chrono game, and it was rated M. I was responding to her, simple.

What does Frog, who lives in 600AD, have to do with the events that happened in Crono's time? You say Crono and Marle probably got killed, which is what my entire wish has to do with. It never says for sure what happened to them, and I want to know.

o yah, my bad i didn't think of that. welllllllllll i guess he just dropped it on the floor and couldnt find it when he came back on his steps OR sat somewhere and put his sword beside him, then forgot to pick it up when he left and when he came back it wasnt there anymore :rolleyes2 ! :D man im so smart

TheAbominatrix
10-18-2004, 04:34 AM
Well after Frog died (of whatever he eventually dies of, most likely natural causes), the sword was probably kept in Guardia castle, or returned to it's place in the hills. Whatever the case, it was lost and put to some evil use by whomever found it, as proven by the events in Chrono Cross.

edczxcvbnm
10-18-2004, 04:55 AM
I have always disagreed with that. The sword was always evil as it brought out your inner most feelings. Frog didn't evny Crono or anyone else but he hated Magus and wanted him gone and the Masamune allowed him to do just that.

There is no proof the sword has ever actually truely good and not always evil.

Makoto-Tribal
11-09-2004, 03:51 AM
I think a new Crono game would be pretty awesome myself. But then I happen to adore the battle system and plot on CT whereas I have never yet had the chance to play CC.

It seems to me that, since Enix came into there name SE have been concentrating a lot of time on sequals, prequals and other games related to previous games so maybe we'll luck out and they will do something. It seems unlikely though and if they do theres a pretty good chance imho that it will be aweful compared to the rest of the series, especially given there recent work.

:..2.2.7..:

Dignified Pauper
11-10-2004, 02:30 PM
I personally think they should spin away and have a clear defined ending instead of multiple endings. Sort of like, whatever ending you got in CT doesn't matter because in the end, nothing changes. Though, I don't know if this is feesibly possible considering the diversity of endings.

DelightfulSpekkio442
11-18-2004, 04:57 PM
I hope you can get Spekkio in your party if there is a new Chrono game. I love that adorable bastard.

Why thank you! I'm blushing.

HunterFlamebrow
11-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Firstly, on the matter of Chrono's, Marle's and Lucca's deaths:
Right before you defeat the final boss in CC, one of them mentions that they do not exist in the anomaly world (the "home world"). So, I guess you could say that they are dead.

Secondly, I just finished CC this morning (Actually, I'd beaten it before, but got the crappy ending, and saved over my game data before I realized what I was doing. So I did the whole thing over again. But I digress.), and looking at the ending, there's a perfect oppurtunity for a sequel: How does Kid find Serge again?.

TheAbominatrix
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Firstly, on the matter of Chrono's, Marle's and Lucca's deaths:
Right before you defeat the final boss in CC, one of them mentions that they do not exist in the anomaly world (the "home world"). So, I guess you could say that they are dead.

Which still doesnt explain what happens to them in the other world. The fall of Guardia occurs in both realities.