PDA

View Full Version : FFIII remake screenshot

Chris
10-10-2004, 05:27 PM
I found this picture of a screenshot of the WSC Final Fantasy III.
When they release FFIII do you think its going to resemble this remake or are they going for a completely new look?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Well, it's clearly going to look a lot better than the abandoned WSC version. The sprites in that screenshot are inferior to those of the FFI remake, not to mention that most of the battle window has been excised, leaving only the character names and their HP onscreen. Since the DS has two screens to spare and graphical capabilities evidently somewhere between those of the PS and PS2, neither of these things should be a problem in the actual remake.

Arcana Duck
10-11-2004, 10:46 AM
That's absolutely horrible. I hope it doesn't look like that...

DJZen
10-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm guessing the sprites will have the same appearance, but higher resolution and more color depth.

omnitarian
10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the graphical style of the WSC FFs. Naturally, the graphics will look better without magazine-print blurriness or .jpeg compression.

DJZen
10-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Although it'd be pretty funny if they DID keep that.

8bitresolution
10-17-2004, 03:43 PM
That picture hurts my eyes... :Oo:

Necronopticous
10-17-2004, 05:18 PM
It looks just fine to me.

Sylvie
10-17-2004, 06:28 PM
If those stupid Enix screw ups change the graphics to one more FF game, I'm gonna scream. I WANT THE ORIGINAL FINAL FANTASYS!!!

DEAR ENIX,
YOU GUYS SUCK. YOU BETTER NOT CHANGE THE GRAPHICS OR ANYTHING ELSE ON AN ORIGINAL FF GAME OR I'LL BOYCOT.

FROM,
ODINDRAGOON

Okay, sorry for my anger. I just hate Enix. Ignore this post... :(

DJZen
10-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Whoah, somebody needs a nap.....

Dude, dissing Enix is like dissing your own mother. They didn't screw up your precious FF games. Square did that on their own before the merger. Enix has always been a great company and they've produced some truely classic games outside of their main franchise. In fact, on the SNES, Americans never even GOT their main franchise, but we were still given many quality titles. Even more than Square gave us. For you to diss them outright for some SQUARE did isn't just unfair, it makes you look severely ignorant. I'm not going to say you ARE ignorant, but comments like that certainly aren't going to endear you to many of the people on these boards.

Black Mage
10-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Amen.

The fact you blame Enix for "that", doesn't sit well with me. In fact, I don't even know what "that" is. Messing up the graphics? The PSX FFI & II sprites sure looked awfully nice to me. Sure, some of them were tweaked, but I thought they were quite pleasant.

And I'm glad someone straightened you out about Enix, 'cause if I was the one to do it, I probably wouldn't have been so nice about it.

Enix out produces Square in quality any, and every, day.

I digress.

I'm sure FFIII will have graphics rivaling the other two remakes. And that, sir, is no disappointment to me.

Necronopticous
10-18-2004, 12:03 AM
stupid Enix screw ups change the graphics

DEAR ENIX,
YOU GUYS SUCK.

No.

Enix out produces Square in quality any, and every, day.

No.

Captain Maxx Power
10-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Can't we just say Enix make good games, Square make good games, ergo Squenix makes really good games? Can we all just...get along?

I also digress. My thoughts on the multi-screen might have been that your entire character sheet is displayed during battle, so you can see how your hit %, str etc changes due to status effects. Either that or they just pull the entire command select from the main screen and put it on the secondary.

Sylvie
10-20-2004, 02:49 AM
maybe I was too intense... but its my opinion and I can keep it. I just don't think they should have merged because enix made the battle system more "realistic" but that just takes out the whole RPG system now don't it? And yes, the first game I believe that square-"enix" made was FF Origins and I wanted the REAL FF1. I didn't want no game thats 5 times easier than the original, I didn't want the graphics changed, I didn't want the classes names changed, I just wanted a solid classic. But I don't give a crap what anyone else says to diss my opinion because you can just put your idea and not just tell me I'm basicly "wrong" because I'm not. Its my opinion.

DJZen
10-20-2004, 02:54 AM
Well you're wrong about Enix having any involvement. That game was actually made before the merger. Also, the ONLY change made to the battle system was adding the OPTION of autotargetting so you don't get ineffective hits. That's really it. Oh, wait, no, I'm forgetting something.... They also made the spells and weapons work. Damn them.

Sylvie
10-20-2004, 03:03 AM
I meant the battle system for crystal chronicles and stuff. And what do you mean by "making the spells and weapons work"? I've played FF1 and the weapons and spells work just fine... :confused: oh and pop in the Origins and look at the screen. it says in big letters: SQUARE ENIX.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Inside Square Enix the company, you still have the Square guys and the Enix guys separated. They congregate into separate teams that make separate games. The Enix guys still attend to Dragon Quest, and the Square guys are still fully in charge of what goes into Final Fantasy. The merger had no bearing on FFOrigins.

TheAbominatrix
10-20-2004, 08:08 AM
oh and pop in the Origins and look at the screen. it says in big letters: SQUARE ENIX.

The game was made before the merger. FF Origins was released after.

Have you ever even played an Enix game?

Del Murder
10-23-2004, 06:00 PM
You should try Illusion of Gaia. It was awesome.

Behold the Void
10-24-2004, 04:08 AM
Was FFIII originally for Regular Nintendo or Super Nintendo, by the way?

And I agree, Enix is awsome. I like both Enix and Square quite a bit, without Enix, there wouldn't be fond memories of Metaly hunting.

Del Murder
10-24-2004, 05:17 AM
Famicom, or 'regular Nintendo'.

Super Christ
10-24-2004, 09:09 AM
And what do you mean by "making the spells and weapons work"? I've played FF1 and the weapons and spells work just fine... :confused:
I'm not sure about any weapons not working, but I do remember that the 'Dark' or 'Blind' or whatever they called it condition didn't work, so any spell that caused it didn't work. Thus, making Kraken kind of a sissy since his only two nonphysical attacks were Lit2 and Ink.

Anyway, I'm quite glad they actually remade it. I'm sick of companies getting away with "just porting" their old games. The only companies that have done it right that I can think of are Capcom with Resident Evil, Nintendo with Metroid Zero Mission, and to a lesser extent, Square with Final Fantasy Origins. If you miss the original so much, you can always play it on an NES or an emulator.

Kirkpatrick
10-24-2004, 08:40 PM
And what do you mean by "making the spells and weapons work"? I've played FF1 and the weapons and spells work just fine... :confused:

I think he meant that in the NES version, things like the Ice Sword, Fire Sword and so forth weren't more effective against fire monsters or ice monsters or such like they were supposed to be. In the WSC/Origins version, they were.

DJZen
10-25-2004, 02:03 AM
Yes, there were also a few spells that did not do what they were supposed to do.

HEL2 actually does exactly the same thing as HEL3
LOCK doesn't do anything
LOK2 actually raises the evade rate of the enemies
TMPR doesn't do anything
SABR doesn't do anything either

Damn Square for correcting this.

Sylvie
10-25-2004, 09:24 PM
i didn't know that...

KentaRawr!
11-09-2004, 12:54 PM
I don't think the merge ruined square ;-; I thought that they are both basically the companies they were before, but now they have a cool name >=) lol

I think that they are sharing the money or something o_o I could be wrong, of course.

DJZen
11-10-2004, 02:13 AM
If they are sharing money that means Square benefits a LOT since even MENTIONING Dragon Quest in Japan makes Enix's stock rise like 50 points. They axes Enix USA and the former Square USA is now handling all US distribution for SE, which means Enix benefits because there's a disproportionate number of Square fanboys to Enix fanboys in the US.

Dreddz
11-13-2004, 02:44 PM
My opinon is that it aint looking so good They should Redo classics into 3D

Bl4ck M4g3
11-23-2004, 02:56 AM
Whoa. Hopefully they'll fix that really bad rendering. BTW, 1st post!!!! Woo7!

DJZen
12-01-2004, 03:56 AM
What bad rendering?