PDA

View Full Version : Floating Continent

Lon611
10-10-2004, 05:51 PM
ok, im taking a break from doing the Nemesis sidequest in FFX, so i decided to pick up on my FFVI file. well, im completely stuck at the Floating Island/Continent (kind of why i started doing the Nemesis sidequest, ironically :rolleyes2 ). My characters are Edgar, Sabin, Terra and Shadow. I'm at the very beginning and can't seem to find my way out...

i've really been considering getting the strategy guide because i'm completely lost....but that's a "last resort". can ne1 help me or kno of any detailed walkthroughs online?!thanks!!!

Braindead_Paul
10-10-2004, 07:05 PM
There must be stairs nearby appearing to lead into a dead end. There you can "open" the wall.

Lon611
10-10-2004, 07:43 PM
the wall dissappears but eventually i get stuck. i step on all the switches i can and go through all the teleports but i just can't seem to figure out what to do. your help is gr8ly appreciated :D

Braindead_Paul
10-10-2004, 10:01 PM
As I don't know where you are exactly you maybe should use a walkthrough (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff6/text/ff6wt.txt) for this part.

Lon611
10-10-2004, 10:25 PM
i think thats what i needed. thanks a bunch!i actually thot i saw that walkthrough before, but oh well. :rolleyes2

ATMA weapon kicked my @$$. help?he has like 24,000 hp rite?geesh :mad:

Remnant
10-11-2004, 03:39 AM
I've only fought him twice, but neither have I had a problem with him. I've found it effective enough to morph terra and blast him with spells, and use edgar's chainsaw, sabin's blitz, etc. Have shadow throw things at him as well.

I've also heard you can cast rasp on him, and when he reaches 0 MP from this, he croaks, but unless more than one person in your party can cast rasp (learned from Shiva), it is probably just as easy to pummel the crap out of him.

What level are you? I'm usually in the mid twenties by the time I reach him on the island.

Lon611
10-11-2004, 05:19 AM
im not sure i have edgar's chainsaw. is that after the drill?i probably have it, i just forgot...

and im around level 24 i think. i don't have many phoenix downs, so im not very "gun-ho" about training in this stage of the game. :mad: plus its annoying when that one fiend uses "lifeshaver" and it drains ALL your HP :mad: :mad: :mad:

Doomgaze
10-11-2004, 05:22 AM
Gaia Gear will stop lifeshaver, I believe. You get it in Thamasa.

The chainsaw is in Zozo, you need to do the clock puzzle to get it.

Lon611
10-11-2004, 05:25 AM
ok, so i don't have EITHER of those. oh well. i think i can defeat Atma just the same. will i be given the atma weapon once i defeat him or could i only get it in that one cave(forgot the name)?! :confused:

abrojtm
10-11-2004, 06:13 AM
There's only one Atma weapon in the game. Sorry if you missed it.

Lon611
10-11-2004, 06:59 AM
noooo!!!! that bites. oh well. hey, does Atma weapon remind anyone of sanctuary keeper from FFX?that was my first impression. :rolleyes2

EDIT:thanks for all the help everyone. im going to see if i can beat FFVI now :p

Lon611
10-15-2004, 03:58 AM
sorry to double post, but where do i go after i beat phunbaba?(that name makes me laugh. u kno it makes you laugh. just yell it out loud!)

terra never really gave me a clue where to go...

EDIT:the phunbaba battle was dissapointing when i figured out the technique to beat him. it sucks he runs away tho....

Doomgaze
10-15-2004, 06:06 AM
You'll fight him again, don't worry.

Anyway, head back the way you came, and north towards Nikeah along the former Serpent Trench rather than crossing the bridge back onto the old imperial continent.