PDA

View Full Version : Hello..

Precious Garnet
10-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know about how many calories I'm suppose to eat per day to gain more weight? I'm really skinny.

StarlightAngel
10-10-2004, 09:03 PM
No Idea.

Denmark
10-10-2004, 10:05 PM
More than you normally eat. Also depends on how much weight you wanna gain, and how you wanna gain that weight. If you wanna become fat, eat lots of fat. If you wanna just become more muscular or something like that, eat protein and exercise.

I dunno, 3000 calories maybe? I used to eat about 2800 calories a day, though. :O And that wasn't to gain weight or anything.

theundeadhero
10-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Be glad your skinny. Before Ij oined the Army I was 5'9" and weighed 129 pounds. Sorry I don't know how that works out for all you metric using posters.

Jojee
10-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Just consume more calories than you work off =P It all depends on how much you weigh in the first place and how much physical activity you receive. But I say -- who cares? Just keep your weight, unless it's unhealthy :tongue:

kikimm
10-10-2004, 11:07 PM
It's not just eating more, consuming more calories, though. I think you have to eat a lot of protein, maybe calcium. You have to work out, too---muscle weighs more than fat, plus it looks better. :) Maybe get a membership at your local workout center.

Anywys---for boys, it's around 2,500-a little upwards of 3,000 calories a day, and for girls it's about 1,200-somewhere around 3,000. At least, that's the last time I checked.

And good luck with gaining that weight!

:D

Jebus
10-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Maybe buy some of that weight gain powder. I dunno if it works or not as I don't need it. I have all the weight I'd ever need.

Ryth
10-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Eat more and more junk food oreoes, Doritoes, Utzes, Lays, Prongles, Rice Krispie Treats, Tasty Cakes if you want fat.

Muscule? (Who wants fat?) eat protein, calcium, working out. Kikimm said it best.

Polaris
10-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Eat whatever you want and you'll recover the lost weight, chocolats... lotsa chocolates!!!

nik0tine
10-11-2004, 10:33 AM
You have to eat more than you personally burn off. You would have to do some calculations, although I don't remember them or what they are called, sorry. But it is different for every person.

Meat Puppet
10-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Don't go piling on the pounds just because you're underweight. Eat healthy every day, limit sweets and candy - (if you choose these to put on weight, you will find you get very sick.. trust me I've tried), but make sure you're eating everything like meats and cereals.. don't stick to something like salads all the time (but don't stop eating them either!). And stick to the three meals a day, don't think just because you're underweight it's an excuse to eat several large legs of ham, or something, a day.

If you keep doing this, your body should eventually find a healthy weight. I used to be at a dangerously low weight and I started doing this, and I mean nowadays I'm only at 65kg which is still underweight, but now I find I feel better and (usually) have enough energy to last a day.

Oh, and a healthy exercise plan is always good too.

Strider
10-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Just eat the three meals a day you're supposed to, and exercise reguarly. Hey, 20 minutes a day won't kill you, right? Right?