PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Level Up?

FF_Lavindathar
10-10-2004, 09:31 PM
After failing to beat the first Sephiroth (I can handle all his attacks quite easily, just cannot do enough damage to kill him - Cloud does 6-10k, but Barret and Tifa only do around 1.5k each, so his healing is making this take ages....),

So, where is the best place to level up on the game, most EXP and most AP?

I would have thought it was the North Crater, but I'm not too sure as to whether once I am in I can get back out!!!

Many Thanks,

Lavindathar

Chris
10-10-2004, 09:35 PM
The Northern Crator is the best place for leveling!

And yes! you can get out of the crator, at the exit just step aside and climp up!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I always did my leveling in that organic, swamp-looking place that uses "Reunion" as background music, with the Magic Pots and Movers and Master Tonberries and all. You know the place.

FF_Lavindathar
10-10-2004, 10:25 PM
I always did my leveling in that organic, swamp-looking place that uses "Reunion" as background music, with the Magic Pots and Movers and Master Tonberries and all. You know the place.

Not too sure where you mean to be honest, the only place I found Master Tonberrys was in the Northern Crater...

Thanx Chris, now I know you can get out it makes things a lot easier!!!!

Ultima Shadow
10-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Another good place is that sunken shinra thing where you battle all those "unknown" creatures and get the Hades summon.

FF_Lavindathar
10-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Good point, dunno why I didnt think of there, I did some "slight" levelling up there last time, as soon as I got the sub, but they were hard fights back then, but I'm sure I'll tackle them now.....

Which gives more EXP/AP, the Gelnika or the Northern Crater?

Big D
10-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Not too sure where you mean to be honest, the only place I found Master Tonberrys was in the Northern Crater...The place Kishi described is in the Northern Crater. Like he said, it's a swampy area, with lots of water and plenty of foliage. The monsters there provide huge amounts of AP and EXP.

FF_Lavindathar
10-11-2004, 12:55 AM
I just nipped back in then, and tried to get out but it wouldnt let me.

I get to the cave, so im on the screen where it says "you have to slide down", but after that I can't get back up to the top!

Chris
10-11-2004, 01:02 AM
When you step outside the crator, and you're by the opening.
Don't go down, step to the left and climp up.

FF_Lavindathar
10-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Ok, I'm really getting confused now.

Once you are in the main section of the northern crater, and you go back right to the top, where the chest with the save crystal is, you enter that cave, and it takes you to the sliding down screen, but after that, if you head left it slides you down and you cannae go right!

So how do I get back to the Highwind once I'm in the crater?

Chris
10-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah when you pass by the chest, and step OUTSIDE the crator!
Instead of goin' down, you can climp up on the left side.

FF_Lavindathar
10-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Got it now, that was annoying as hell.

I swear I was pressing circle there, for about twenty minutes before I posted the question! :confused:

Another quick point, where do you think the best place to use the save crystal is?

Right before the final battle, or in the swamp place to level up when I want? How far is the swamp place from the final battle, as I don't recall the swamp place, therefore I don't know how far away it is!

Edit - while we are on the NC, what lvl do you think I will need to be to cause between 4-6k damage with an ultimate weapon?

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use edit/delete to add more. -SD

Chris
10-11-2004, 01:25 AM
I always use it right before I go into the Jenova battle.
Whenever I complete the game I always tend to go for level 65-70.
However, level 50-60 can do.

FF_Lavindathar
10-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Ok, thankyou, I remember the Jenova battle to be very very easy, so I'd probably use it after that....

Once you've fought Jenova, can you get back to the Highwind again?

And the question regarding the 4-6k damage points, that was on about attacking Sephiroth..

In my party, Cloud is lvl61, Barrent lvl 57 and Tifa lvl 55.

Lol, we are both editing to much here and making too many posts...Thanx for your help!

EDIT: See my above comment. :) -SD

Chris
10-11-2004, 01:37 AM
NO! You should save before Jenova!

As to to Sephi, I always use the summon "Knights of the round table" and then mimic. He'll die before he can even hit you.

You're welcome ;)

abrojtm
10-11-2004, 02:23 AM
Keep in mind that the ultimate weapons vary in power according to certain things (i.e. Cait Sith's HP Shout is more powerful when Cait Sith has more HP).
By the way-there is an edit button, you don't have to double post.

FF_Lavindathar
10-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Yeah, sorry I found the edit button last night..........

I don't have KoTR or Mimic, just playing through myself without help and havent found either.......

I don't know where Mimic is, but know exactly how to get KoTR, but I beleive its cheating due to the fact I was told how to get it (if you follow me!)

pieman2000
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
I always find that its best to level up around the wutai area

FF_Lavindathar
10-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Nah, Wutai is only about 1000EXP p/battle.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-11-2004, 02:29 PM
I have never used the Save Crystal.

sephirothisnotdead
10-27-2004, 01:49 AM
i found that the best place to lv was the mashey area in north crator
easy battles/good exp
i would also recommend going to gold saucer and getting a few exp pluses they make life easier

One winged angel of death
10-29-2004, 11:33 PM
i go to the gilika and the ancient forest and the north crater.....although...my lvl going to fight sephiroth for me would be suicide.... -_-

sephirothisnotdead
11-01-2004, 10:46 PM
i dunno i can usually beat seph easy right on third disk

11-01-2004, 11:23 PM
hn. i beat him today for the first time. it took me 30min. 10 for jenova and 20 to get to him. go to the gelinka for extra training

Cloud_Strife14
11-03-2004, 08:56 PM
The best place to level up is the swamp place in the NC, but it comes at a price, the best monster to get EXP is from the magic pots, but you have to give them an elixer to actually start inflicting some damage. (I just use the w-item item duplication trick on elixers to get 99.) And when you fight 2 magic pots you get 16000 EXP plus 2000 AP! So for materia, i equip the Apocalyps sword on Cloud for 6000 AP!

11-08-2004, 08:47 PM
never ever put materia on ultimate weapons you want to go up...because they won't get ap for some reason! if i had known...i would've had flare on my slash all materia :( ...

Dark Ekonis
11-29-2004, 03:50 PM
I think everyone has a weapon that has 8 slots and double or triple ap, the ultimate weapons have 0 ap so you cant improve materia in them

novarta
12-05-2004, 11:38 AM
my opinion: 3 best places to level up party: 3 in the begin of 2 disc in the northern cavern there is place where you can HP/MP recovered with out cost
2 gelnika plane
1longer route in northern cavern, the place where appears magic pots

Raistlin
12-05-2004, 01:36 PM
The best place to level up is definitely deep in the North Crater where the Magic Pots are. Of course, you need elixirs for this spot to be very effective.

The second best place would be Mideel forest.

The third best place would be the sunken plane(Gilenka). You need Yuffie with her Conformer and Morph for this spot to be very effective(I've never used this method, though. I stick to Mideel or Magic Pots).

Either way you pick, bring an Enemy Lure materia.

Shadow Knight
12-05-2004, 02:25 PM
There are a few great places...

-Northern Crater (watch out for magic statues).
-A forest just south of Rocket Town.
-The swamp (previously mentioned).

Most of the others have been mentioned.

UltimaLimit
12-05-2004, 09:02 PM
If you say you can take it but not dish enough out, I suggest the sunken submarine. Bring Yuffie w/ her ultimate weapon and Morph. Every single enemy down there can be turned into one Source or another for permanent stat boosting. And the enemies give off decent EXP/AP/Gil too. Though I advise equipping Ribbons (Morph Master Tonberry if you need an extra).

Seph is a wuss; anyone with decent defensive skills (yourself included) can take whatever he can dish out and come back swinging. However, his (relatively low) 100,000+HP can be a problem if your team isn't well-leveled. I recommend getting your characters to L99, equipping 4x-Cut on Cloud w/ Ultima Weapon, and hacking away for 40,000 a turn. Get Mime for one or two other characters, say to hell with switching parties, and keep on slashin'. Or just come into the battle packing a fully-charged Omnislash, press the button, sit back and enjoy the show.

Chocobilly
12-06-2004, 09:03 PM
I would really suggest the Mideel forest... When you fight headhunters, they give you reasonably nice amounts of exp and ap. But yeah, you can't beat the movers for ap or the Magic pots on both exp and ap. Simply redicurous.