PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2 Tidbits! Post your 'did-you-know?'s here!

bloody_rain
10-11-2004, 08:48 AM
Just wanted to make a collection of FFX-2 tidbits/trivia...let's start each one with DID YOU KNOW alrighty? :tongue:

Here I go...

Did you know that LeBlanc's dressphere is LadyLuck? Check out the diamond, spade and clover in Yuna, Rikku and Paine's ladyluck outfits. Add LeBlanc's heart and you/ve got the four suits of a card deck
-neat eh?

Did you know in the Japanese version of the game, songstress is called pop star?

Did you know that Paine is wearing high heels in her Thief dressphere?

Did you know that Alchemist is Item Shooter in Japan?
-this is just plain silly, Alchemist doesn't shoot items, she mixes 'em

Did you know that in the Dark Knight DS, each of the girl's headgears represent their personalities, a rounded piece for Yuna's calmness, an open helm for Rikku's cheery, outgoing attitude and a spiky one for Paine's tough personality.

Feel free to add some more! Good day wherever you are!

Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check?

Bomber
10-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Did you know that there are actually two English versions of both "real Emotion" and "1000 Words"? Koda Kumi, who performed the songs for the Japanese Version, apparently was the first to record English versions of the songs. However, most of us are familiar with the renditions done by Jade of Sweetbox. (In my opinion, Jade sounds much better, and her lyrics are slightly more coherent.)

Did you know that it is impossible to get 100% completion AND get every single Garment Grid on your first time through the game? You can achieve 100% completion by siding with the Youth League at a certain point, but you'll miss out on a couple GG's. For example, the "Shining Mirror" GG is only acquired when you fight Elma near the Youth League's HQ in the Mushroom Rock area in Chapter 2.

Did you know that Warrior Yuna's victory dance is the same as Tidus' in FFX?

SeeDRankLou
10-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Did you know that Paine is wearing high heels in her Thief dressphere?
Actually, she wears high heels in almost all of her dress spheres. The exceptions being Berserker, Mascot and maybe Dark Knight.

Did you know Yuna's Gun Mage victory dance is similar to Laguana's?

Did you know Paine's Dark Knight victory dance is similar to Cloud's? (I think, maybe it's Zidane, but pretty sure it's Cloud)

Did you know the first day this game was released in Japan it sold 1.9 million copies? Granted, about 5/8ths of that was preorder, but still.

Did you know that Tara Strong won some award on G4TechTV for her voice acting in this game?

That's all I got for now.

Bomber
10-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Did you know that you can simply hold down the circle button while running, and Yuna will automatically jump over gaps or climb obstacles? This makes clearing through areas a lot easier and faster (especially for those missions when you're racing against the clock!)

Triple T
10-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Did you know this is Nobuo's first numbered FF title he hasn't done music in?

Kaile
11-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Did you know...
Yuna's voice actress... Hedy Buress... is the main character in 1996's Foxfire, where she gets topless with Angelina Jolie. It is her first movie role.

TheSpoonyBard
11-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Did you know: if you were to translate Nomma (Al Bhed Psyches blitzer) int Al Bhed you would get hussy. Sorry if that's offensive to anyone.

FatedChild
11-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Did you know (no doubt you did, me being a n00b): Some of the sword weapons for warrior and dark knight dresspheres match those from previous FF games?

SeeDRankLou
11-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Did you know that the way Yuna falls down when she runs through Tidus at the end of FFX is the same way Lenne falls down when she is shot by Bevelle guards. They don't show Yuna's face, but they do show an overview of it.

Bomber
11-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Did you know that in the "Feed the Monkey" mini-game in the Calm Lands, if you pick the same chest four times in a row, you'll always get a Forbidden Fruit? Don't munch from the same lunchbox, or you'll get a stomachache! :D

Did you know that Josh Gomez (Baralai) and Rick Gomez (Gippal) are brothers?

TheSpoonyBard
11-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Did you know: Rikku's winning stance in Warrior is the same as Irvine's from FFVIII?

FatedChild
11-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Did you know: The only way to play the Zanarkand Abes in Blitzball is to get the perfect ending (or at least one in which Tidus returns)?

Please mark your spoilers...x_x ~Matty