PDA

View Full Version : cookies and java script

Kilika
10-11-2004, 10:02 AM
so like, i just got rid of all this spy and adware using spysweeper and now for some reason it says that i don't ahve the latest version of internet explorer and that i dont have java script and cookies enabled. I follow their directions exaclty and it still doesn't work. I mean my computer says that everythings enabled but it still says that i need to enable everything? Any solutions?

Baloki
10-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Looks like your not completely clean or Internet Explorers been irrevicably damaged, do yourself a favour and download Firefox:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

The only reason I say this is the only way to fix IE is to format your computer which you can still do if you want but it might just be easier to do the above instead, your choice and sorry I couldn't be more help.

crono_logical
10-11-2004, 12:10 PM
If the program's telling you to upgrade IE and enable javascript and cookies, then I wouldn't trust it :p

Kilika
10-12-2004, 11:59 PM
The only problem is that it happens when i try to check my mail. And now it wont even let me go to the forums...i have to use the downstairs computer. But yeah will firefox fix whatevers going on?

Shoeberto
10-13-2004, 12:02 AM
It's a completely seperate browser from IE, so yeah.

And if you're having the same types of problems with Outlook (which I assume you are using for e-mail), might as well go with Thunderbird. Better spam filter that way, anyhow.

Kilika
10-13-2004, 08:06 AM
so yeah...i got firefox and its pretty cool and all, but i still can't access my email from msn...it still gives me that stupid java script not enabeled error....sorry this is pestering you guys but still any ideas?

o_O
10-16-2004, 05:48 AM
That's because MSN Messenger tries to open your webmail account in your default browser, which, in this case, is probably still IE. I'm assuming that you're using a Hotmail or MSN .net passport account here. :p

To change Firefox to your default browser, go to Tools > Options > General, and check for default browser there. :p