PDA

View Full Version : What's the Time, your Grace?

Cz
10-11-2004, 05:51 PM
The Archbishop of Canterbury will be visiting my school in two weeks time, apparently for no particular reason (for those of you who aren't aware, the Archbishop is head of the Church of England). Anyway, a selection of students from the school will be chosen to have a quick Q&A session with him. Being an atheist, and having no respect whatsoever, it's my intention to go in there and ask him the most absurd question possible, and I'd like your help in doing so. If I do manage to weasel my way into the Q&A group, it should be very entertaining.

So the question is this, given the oppurtunity, what would you ask the Archbishop of Canterbury? It can be absolutely anything, and the funnier the better. So far the best I've come up with are:

'I dropped a bottle of Salad Cream on my foot this morning. Does God hate me?'

'Is it right for a woman to have an affair with Jesus?'

'If God is all loving, why did he cancel Futurama?'

'Are you really the Archbishop of Canterbury?'

You can probably come up with something better than that. Go for it, guys. :D

gokufusionss1
10-11-2004, 06:02 PM
really original. I'm not being sarcastic in the slightest, seriously i'm not. I am 100% serious.

why don't you ask him how any christian church can continualy endorse an society that is becoming incresingly asymetrical to to christianity itself.

Ouch!
10-11-2004, 06:07 PM
If I were in your position, I'd keep my mouth shut. They might carry you away to the Pope so that when he dies and they need to do that smoke thing, they can double as a ritual sacrifice and burn you in the Lord's name.

Of course, that'd never happen because I'm probably mixing divisions of Christianity.

That being said, I guess this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that most people don't get. Try to embarrass the Archbishop and not yourself.

Ask him about his rediculous attire.

Psychotic
10-11-2004, 07:39 PM
If I were in your position, I'd keep my mouth shut. They might carry you away to the Pope so that when he dies and they need to do that smoke thing, they can double as a ritual sacrifice and burn you in the Lord's name.

As kinky as that sounds, I somewhat doubt it will happen seeing as the Archbishop of Canterbury is not from the Catholic faith.

Who would win in a fight between Jesus and Allah?

Jebus
10-11-2004, 07:57 PM
*ignores the stupid chess joke in the back of his mind.*

Ask him if--No wait. That's Cadbury.

:/

Uh. Damn, I seem to be out of ideas.

theundeadhero
10-11-2004, 09:17 PM
It's Cadbury so what! Ask if if he's friends with the Cadbury Easter Bunny!

Denmark
10-11-2004, 09:20 PM
'ASL?'
'Why are you wearing a dress?'

Levian
10-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Well there's actually one question that has been bothering me for a while. I went to a Jewish temple, I don't know what you call it in English, but I'm guessing it's synagogs or something. Anyway, there they said that the mother has to be jewish for the child to be jewish, and that the child wasn't truly jewish if only the father was jewish. Fair enough, BUT Abraham and Isaac was the two first jews, but seeing as they were male and there were no female jews, their future kids couldn't possibly have been jews in the first place meaning that nobody in this world are jews. Please make this make sense to me, Archbishop of Canterbury. Oh and I read a story that was named The ghost of Canterbury once! What a swell story.

edit:
If a train leaves Boston at 80 mph and another train departing at Chicago going at 60 mph, after how long will these trains meet and what number am I thinking about right now?

gokufusionss1
10-11-2004, 09:47 PM
why are you asking the arch bishop of canterbury a question about judaism?

Levian
10-11-2004, 09:48 PM
isn't he some kind of oracle? :confused:

gokufusionss1
10-11-2004, 09:58 PM
not really.

Levian
10-11-2004, 10:03 PM
You're always ruining everything.......... EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! :cry:

gokufusionss1
10-11-2004, 10:15 PM
i know it's a knack

Cz
10-12-2004, 05:45 PM
'ASL?'
Oh, you have so won. :D

theundeadhero
10-12-2004, 09:41 PM
*stu...stu...stutters* what does ASL mean?

Yamaneko
10-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Stumble into the room, look around confused, and then ask, "This is the 2:30pm AA meeting, right?"

Rostum
10-12-2004, 11:11 PM
*stu...stu...stutters* what does ASL mean?

Age / Sex / Location

Logan
10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Are you in love, or what? Can I clean your bathroom?

*sux*