PDA

View Full Version : Yuki Kajuira

Trumpet Thief
10-13-2004, 05:44 AM
chaos: I might've mispelled her name, but I'm sure you get the main idea. Anyhoo, are there are there any Yuki Kajuira fans? She has done the music for various games and animes, for example: Xenosaga II, and some music for Gundam SEED.

Rubedo: We seemed to really prefer her music, with the exception of the ones that are a bit too "action-ish" let's say, for example, the chase music in Episode II. Any others that like her as well?

crono_logical
10-13-2004, 12:36 PM
She does good stuff yeah :p Her style certainly is noticable most of the time, though I suppose that could indicate a lack of variation from soundtrack to soundtrack :p

Behold the Void
10-13-2004, 05:55 PM
See: Key of the Twilight, .hack//sign.

She's good.

crono_logical
10-13-2004, 07:37 PM
I also forgot, it's spelled Kajiura :p

edczxcvbnm
10-13-2004, 08:26 PM
She makes some really good music. I think what sets her appart from the crowd is the techno influence. She makes 3-4 variations of a couple of songs to help get a genral theme and then use that same melody to invoke different emotions. I also notice that she uses a variety of languages when writing lyrics for her songs(also helps to set her appart from the crowd).

.hack\\sign is one of the best sound tracks I have heard in a long time.

I think that her style is more noticible than most because she is just so different in the way she goes about it. Lots of lyrical track and renditions can make it easy to differentiate from others who MAYBE have 1 vocal track and 1 rendition of main theme. Its a fundumental difference.

Xenosaga II is a good soundtrack and I hope to see her back in Episode III.

kikimm
10-13-2004, 11:52 PM
I like her. I haven't heard too much, but what I have listened to, was listenable. :p I've heard better, but I've also heard worse.

:D

Roogle
10-14-2004, 01:33 AM
She is very good at using vocals with a mock language to convey ambience within her music, I think.

But it's not suited for some games that she has worked on, like Xenosaga II; a lot of the music in that game is out of place, sometimes overly dramatic, and sometimes underplayed. It worked well in .hack//SIGN, though.