PDA

View Full Version : EoFF=Match Maker?

Jack
10-13-2004, 01:17 PM
My school used to classify EoFF as a match-making website. Which I thought was hilarious. I got it reclassified but what do you guys think? Is it really the wonderous match-making place it's classified as?

Loony BoB
10-13-2004, 01:37 PM
I've found three or four girlfriends here. Whoop.

Jack
10-13-2004, 01:42 PM
I've found three or four girlfriends here. Whoop.

Yeah, but I found ALL my girlfriends at school.I didn't believe that EoFF is more of a date-fest than School...

Loony BoB
10-13-2004, 01:50 PM
You'd be surprised. I can name a hell of a lot of relationships that have started here, counting into the dozens - and those are just the ones I know about. :p For the online world, yes, it is a match making kind of forum. Not intentionally, though - it's just a great place to meet people, that's all. Relationships develop from there.

Armisael
10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
three boyfriends for me :D
and yeah Loony BoB is right,it's a great place to meet people here..

White Raven
10-13-2004, 02:23 PM
I can't name any off hand, but there have been a lot of relationships started in here. None for me though...too many geeks in here. :p

Skogs
10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Not ever meeting in person anyone from these forums seriously impedes the likelyhood of any relationship developing.

Well for me anyway, dunno about everyone else...

And even if it did, I don't think i'd be able to face up to the question: "so how did you guys meet?"

:tongue:

Agent Proto
10-13-2004, 03:28 PM
I'd say "we met online."

And sure, I met my current girlfriend from here. She doesn't frequent the place now, but this is the place where we kinda met. +)

Flying Mullet
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Bleys + Unne inspire us all

Trumpet Thief
10-13-2004, 03:38 PM
chaos: For me, it reminds me of school. The typing, but then, recess arrives and you start flirting with a random girl :p

Rubedo: But seriously, we met a lot of close friends here, and perhaps I had relationships with some too. Sadly they didn't last longer than two days... :cry:

Trowa: *cough* I'm not surprised.

Rubedo: :weep:

chaos: But that's all going to change... soon :chuckle:

Psychotic
10-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Bleys + Unne inspire us all
You and me especially, huh? :love:

Silmaril
10-13-2004, 04:05 PM
I haven't met anyone here. I'm better at face-to-face interaction.

Sacred Phoenix
10-13-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm too scared to meet anyone from the internet, whether it was from here or any where else. But I think after knowing the person for a while, I might consider it.

Jojee
10-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Name: Jojo

:rolleyes2

Hi... :greenie:

Ouch!
10-13-2004, 05:39 PM
The last time I had an infatuation with a girl I met on the internet I found out she was lesbian. Then I found out she was lying about herself once I talked to her girlfriend. More issued picked up from there and it all turned into a living hell for a couple weeks. We don't talk anymore.

I've sworn it off since.

It does seem that people start a lot of relationships here, but I think that's because this place becomes more of a close knit society. I'd say there's anywhere from 200-300 active posters at any given time. By active, I mean posting on a daily basis. I may be way off on the numbers, but that's my guess.

People get to talking. They become friends. They start going out. It's not really much different from any other sort of medium for meeting people, such as school, except the lack of immediate contact, but that doesn't bother a lot of people.

I wouldn't classify EoFF as a match-making site as there is no process for said match-making. Match-making sites generally have you fill out all sorts of things about yourself and then through crazy processes they try and fit you with someone who has similar interests and requirements and whatnot. We completely lack that here.

I'd classify the site as what it's intended to be, a source of information about EoFF. Of course, most of the more well-known and popular members spend their time in the General fora and less time in the actual gaming fora, but the whole reason this place is up is because of Final Fantasy. The place is called Eyes on Final Fantasy, it's not specifically for anything else, it's just what individual members choose to do here.

Behold the Void
10-13-2004, 05:52 PM
No, it's not a matchmaking site. This is WAY more efficient.

Xander
10-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Matchmaking sites suck because usually all the similarities people have is they both want a partner, or some ACTION and usually their interests include : clubbing, football, I have a GSOH OMG YAY. Plus the fact everyone is obviously so desperate that they'll settle for almost anyone anyway.

EoFF, on the other hand, is a good place to meet people with a common interest. Common interest is, in my opinion, the best basis on which to form a relationship. So I guess EoFF has brought a lot of people together in that way, I think Nicky's recent letter to me included an entire list of EoFF couples. xD

:fplusty:

Spritz
10-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Im looking for a female, preferably human.
I like long walks along the beach and sleeping.
I want a long term relationship and I don't want to pay for meals.
Must have 40+ Skill in Cooking and Washing.

Call: 06836 583 767

_____
I agree with Zaphier though. Anywhere where large groups of peopel meet your bound to have relationships of a bf+gf nature but since EoFF has no match making process it isn't really a match making site >.>;

escobert
10-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah I've never found anyone here not that I was ever really looking :p

Hey baby :D

Strider
10-13-2004, 07:02 PM
I already had a girlfriend by the time I registered here. :love: I can see where this place might be a breeding place for le amore, though.

ZeZipster
10-13-2004, 08:18 PM
ne1 want to chat?
press 333 to pm me!!!!!!!11111

Maxico
10-13-2004, 08:22 PM
People just seem nicer here. I guess that has something to do with it.

Cid
10-13-2004, 08:29 PM
EoFF <I>is</i> my girlfriend.

nik0tine
10-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Name: Jojo

:rolleyes2

Hi... :greenie:

He-llo you sexy thang! :D

Well, I feel for your wife.

K-chan
10-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Im looking for a female, preferably human.

Only preferably?

anywho, no dates from anyone on the net. I like to actually met someone in person. ^_^

Jojee
10-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi nik0tine :love:

and Spritz, wow, I like long walks on the beach and sleeping, too n_n Especially sleeping with other people... or sleeping on the beach, if you know what I mean...! You'd have to do your own damn laundry, though :tongue:

Hehe... I'm kidding though xO Actually I'm in a relationship right now :tongue: :love:

theundeadhero
10-13-2004, 09:57 PM
So... Anyone wanna be my girlfriend?

Laguna
10-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Cant say I'd ever think of EOFF like that. I mean, its just a forum right? I guess its basic probability- get enough people with a common interest in one place and you're bound to find someone you get along with really well. But whether or not you get on with them that well.... I guess thats a different matter altogether!

Shlup
10-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Places where there are people are generally good places to meet people. Coinsidence? Doubt it.

I've never dated anyone I've met through the internet, just for the record.

escobert
10-13-2004, 10:15 PM
So... Anyone wanna be my girlfriend?
hey big boi lets get aquainted;) :love: :love: :love: :love:

Psychotic
10-13-2004, 10:27 PM
hey big boi lets get aquainted;) :love: :love: :love: :love:

That reminds me of this: (I cut out unrelevant quotes :D)

GothicGirl666> Hi bertie ;)
Bert> Hey
* GothicGirl666 kisses Bert ^_~
Bert> :D
* GothicGirl666 kisses Bert s'more ^_~
* GothicGirl666 is now known as Psychotic
foa> xD
Bert> wtf
Bert> psy you weirdo
Psychotic> xDDDDDDD
Psychotic> Bert didn't know it was me?

Cz
10-13-2004, 10:30 PM
GothicGirl666> Hi bertie
Bert> Hey
Bert>
foa> xD
Bert> wtf
Bert> psy you weirdo
Psychotic> xDDDDDDD
Y'see, this is exactly why I bought the pepper spray.

White Raven
10-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I still can't get over the fact that a whole school classified EoFF as anything really...let alone knew aboot this place. :tongue:

escobert
10-13-2004, 10:41 PM
That reminds me of this: (I cut out unrelevant quotes :D)

GothicGirl666> Hi bertie ;)
Bert> Hey
Bert> :D
foa> xD
Bert> wtf
Bert> psy you weirdo
Psychotic> xDDDDDDD
/action humps psys leg :D

ZeZipster
10-13-2004, 11:13 PM
/me gets k-lined from FFNet!

Loony BoB
10-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Hi nik0tine :love:

and Spritz, wow, I like long walks on the beach and sleeping, too n_n Especially sleeping with other people... or sleeping on the beach, if you know what I mean...! You'd have to do your own damn laundry, though :tongue:

Hehe... I'm kidding though xO Actually I'm in a relationship right now :tongue: :love:
a relationship? What, did you divorce ALL of your husbands and wives?!

kikimm
10-13-2004, 11:48 PM
Meh...I'm really not looking for a relationship of any kind right now...I've said this a million times already, but I'll say it again: recent experiences have been less than...enjoyable, and that has turned me off from dating, especially anyone who isn't a friend. Bleh. I do't have a whole load of faith in internet relationships, especially if you're never going to see each other. I would imagine it would be hard to stay faithful. Or at least not be attracted to other people in the same way.

You need more than just words on a screen to sustain a relationship. But that's just me.

:D

Denmark
10-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Yes, many relationships have been formed because of EoFF.

I have never been in one of these myself, nor do I really plan to. I'd like to have a girlfriend who I could see at least some of the time. :D

SeeDRankLou
10-14-2004, 12:12 AM
I haven't met anyone on this site, but I do know of several couples who met on this site. I'm still all alone.

zacks_clone
10-14-2004, 12:28 AM
match maker?if so,then i missed it completly.typical.All well.

Polaris
10-14-2004, 09:05 AM
EOFF is a fprum to meet and talk to ppl but I think is only for that... I think, it can have some exceptions... but EOF is a very cool place to talk about many different things!

nik0tine
10-14-2004, 11:08 AM
I don't think internet relationships can ever work. At least, in the way that we are talking about. With this said, I think It's safe to say that I don't deem EoFF, or any other place on the internet, to be a match making site in the least bit.

chionos
10-14-2004, 11:58 PM

So does ol' wifey know?
If she does you're SOOO lucky.
Have you tried a threesome?

Jojee
10-15-2004, 12:16 AM
a relationship? What, did you divorce ALL of your husbands and wives?!

Eh, you're right. They're still there. Screw monogamy ^-^;

:love:

Jack
10-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Hmmm, i guess so. You do meet some cool people here. I would never start a internet realtionship up, but I am willing to meet people from online in real life if nessecary. It is KINDA a match-making site, but i feel it's still not enough for my school to declare it's as bad as "Find Hot XXX Girls online for YOU" (Also a matchmaking site APPARANTLY
I'm pretty sure hardly any of the people here have TRIED XXX acts on others from here.Except from Bert.

theundeadhero
10-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Man, I'm so pathetic. The only one who will go out with me is a Shluppy! :D

Del Murder
10-15-2004, 01:55 AM
Sounds about right.

Rinoabella
10-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Yes, this is a matchmaking place (sig).

Shlup
10-15-2004, 09:25 PM
So does ol' wifey know?
If she does you're SOOO lucky.
Have you tried a threesome?
I think you know the answer to all of those question.

*breaks out in song*

Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson! Jesus loves you more that you will know! Tra la la~

Thunday Man
10-16-2004, 10:23 PM
I wouldnt date anyone from here.

Ryth
10-18-2004, 01:48 AM
What a match making site this isn't a match-making site I mean a couple could start here but that isn't what this site is for.

Fuzakeru
10-18-2004, 01:52 AM
I actually found my true love through RPing on Yahoo . . . not EoFFing at EoFF. :) Although there are some sexah peoples here.