PDA

View Full Version : The Third Keyblade [Spoilers]

Ouch!
10-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Alright, I was just watching Deep Dive again, 'cause I felt like it. There are four keyblades in the short clip. There's the two that the dual-wielding Unknown has in the beginning with the Oblivion and Oathkeeper keychains. Then he throws the Oblivion up to Riku. If you look closely, as they pass you see that after throwing that Keyblade up, he took out a Kingdom Key. Then Mickey comes down from the sky doing fancy flips and lands on the top of the building with his inverted Kingdom Key keyblade. So that's four.

However, I decided to try and pause during the 13 points to read what all the little clips were, and one mentioned the third keyblade.

Why would they comment only on the third keyblade if there are four? On top of that, this doesn't include Sora's keyblade unless one of those four is Sora's keyblade.

It's been mentioned that at some point in Kingdom Hearts II, Sora's journey would end and a new one would begin. Because of all the mystery behind the blonde guy with the two keyblades (with keychains that belong to Sora mind you) who is, as far as I'm concerned, undoubtedly the dual-wielding Unknown seen in Special Secret Scene: Another Side, Another Story and Another Side, Another Story: Deep Dive, is this second playable character they hint at.

I've also heard that Sora gets some dual-wielding action at some point, though this may just be a part of the Drive ability where Sora merges with another character for special attacks.

So, if the two keyblades that the blonde kid has are Sora's keyblades, how did he get them? I doubt Sora gave them to him, as the blonde kid, many times, mentions that he is looking for Sora. Why would he be looking for someone he's already found?

I'm probably looking into this too much too early, but what do you think?

Larahl
10-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Maybe you're right or wrong
as from I understand Sora gets it as a ability to hold two keyblades don't think it's a overdrive...or maybe it is
but in the end of "Deep Dive" the glowing eye unknown says:
"He looks just like you"
maybe he related to Sora maybe thats the reason he's looking for him...?

Ouch!
10-13-2004, 11:15 PM
I personally believe that the blonde kid is Sora. As he wears the cloak the Unknowns wear (assuming he is the guy in Deep Dive, which I have little doubt) that could mean that he is, as the Enigmatic Man in Final Mix said, "a mere shell." A body without a heart, perhaps.

When Sora took the Oblivion to his heart, his body disappeared and his heart turned into a heartless. When Kairi held him as a heartless, he returned, but maybe only his heart returned. We know hearts can exist without a body, i.e. Ansem.

This could also explain why Sora didn't return to Destiny Island in the end. Maybe his body, i.e. the blonde kid, did go back, but his heart didn't. I don't know, it's a crazy theory, but I like to entertain myself with it. Then there's the whole issue of why he doesn't look like Sora except the similar hair and all that other junk.

I don't know. I like to theorize. I'd like to hear some other theories too. That's why I started this thread.

SeeDRankLou
10-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Go to the front site and look at one of the recent news articles about downloading the latest KHII trailer. You will see a scene in it where Sora is fighting in mid-air, and he does the thing that transforms him, his costume becomes red, and he is weilding two keyblades (and he does these uberpowerful cool moves). I have also read some recent interviews with Nomura that say Sora will stay the focus of this series. He may not be the only playable character, but the story will focus on his journey in some fashion. Maybe one of the games will have Riku as the playable character but the story will still revolve around Sora somehow, something like that. And the series will end with actions that Sora takes (maybe not by himself though).

And I do think that you are speculating too soon, but that's not a bad thing. My thought is that duel-weilding doesn't necessarily mean that you are hold two different keyblades, but that you are holding like the essence of your keyblade twice. The keyblade does just appear in Sora's hand when he goes to get it, so maybe it's really the essence that he calls upon, not the actual keyblade. And maybe he can call that essence more than once, or more strongly or something. So my thought is that there are only two keyblades in Deep Dive, the dual-wielding unknown just calls on one of the keyblades several times.

When Sora took the Oblivion to his heart, his body disappeared and his heart turned into a heartless.
That's not the Oblivion, that's Ansem's keybalde (technicality). You know how Kairi's heart went with Sora when Destiny Island was destroyed? I think that the same happened when Sora unlocked Kairi's heart from his (and the rest of the princesses' hearts). When Kairi's heart returned to her, Sora's heart went with hers, and Sora transformed into a heartless shape, he didn't actually become one. Like whatever happens when someone becomes a heartless was trying to happen to Sora, but Sora's heart wasn't there in the first place so it didn't happen all the way. And when Kairi went to protect Sora, his heart returned to him (possibly aided by his keyblade) and he became himself again.

Goofy says something about how the End of the World exists in the first place, and I think that because they were at the End of the World, none of them went back to their home worlds, not just Sora.

I don't think that the blonde kid is a new keyblade wielder, I think he is an old keyblade wielder. All the scenes that you see with him I think are from the past. The heartless had existed for at least ten years before Sora got the keyblade, and I can't imagine that Sora was the first keyblade wielder. I think that the blonde kid knew that Axle was after Sora, and he went to stop Axle, but Axle defeated him. When Axle defeated him, either Sora went on his dive into the heart, or at that moment the keyblade went to him. And at that moment or sometime after, the blonde kid became an unknown.

Ouch!
10-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Yes, I know, the Oblivion is a keychain, not a keyblade, but I just called it that for the sake of simplicity. It's not Ansem's keyblade either, it's Riku's. Ansem wasn't a keyblade master, but Riku was. When Riku allowed Ansem into his body, he gained the ability to use Riku's keyblade which was created from the hearts of the six princesses of hearts. When Sora used it, though, the princesses hearts were freed and the keyblade was destroyed.

I did see the trailer, I didn't really notice the second keyblade in all that flashy motion, though.

I can understand that the blonde haired kid did stuff in the past. It would actually make a lot of sense.

I don't think that you could call the same keyblade more than once. If that was the case, while Riku had the keyblade, Sora should have been able to call it as well, even if his heart was weaker. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Since they do make mention of a third keyblade, it would make sense that Sora would recieve it. If the blonde haired kid was in the past, he may have been the wielder of both blades previously as well. It would also make sense that he knew of Sora as the future wielder of the keyblade, as Sora is the one who will "open the door to the light."

If he has become an Unknown now, and he was a previous master of said keyblades, it would make sense that he could call them, even if Sora was also their master but at the same time? I think that would get into the title of the secret scenes Another Side, Another Story. Perhaps keyblades exist in different worlds in different forms. Sora's still in the present world, right? Or so it would seem. Well if it's another side, it might be in another world, perhaps the world of darkness. There he might be able to call on another form of the keyblades. I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas.

I still don't buy into the summoning of the same keyblade more than once (except maybe through the multiple worlds), so the number of keyblades in Deep Dive still don't make much sense to me. Even if that different world thing I mentioned above is true, there were still four keyblades.

SeeDRankLou
10-14-2004, 12:58 AM
I don't think that you could call the same keyblade more than once. If that was the case, while Riku had the keyblade, Sora should have been able to call it as well, even if his heart was weaker. Obviously, that wasn't the case.
Maybe Sora didn't possess that skill yet. He hadn't had the keyblade that long. And if that skill were so easy to possess then Riku would have been able to dual wield as well when he held Sora's keyblade. I think it might take a certain level of skill or strength or something, I don't think it can just happen.

Ouch!
10-14-2004, 02:03 AM
This is true, and I suppose is more plausible than I first thought. We don't know very much about what exactly the keyblade(s) is(are).

If the blonde haired kid is from the past, maybe then we'll learn a bit about the origin of the keyblade.

There is one thing about that though. There's the two legends, one saying the keyblade master brought peace, the other saying he brought destruction. Sora and Riku made those legends true, respectfully. If the blonde haired kid takes Sora's place as the good guy, won't there be someone who has to be the keybearer who brings destruction?

Larahl
10-14-2004, 07:48 PM
I think that the BHK is the good side of Sora(white clothes)
and Sora truned more to darkness(black clothes)
I think i read something somewhere about he BHK's clothes I'll try to find it...

Ouch!
10-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I don't think they've mentioned anything about the blonde kid's clothes, but I know they mentioned that Sora's new duds have significance. I don't really think it's Sora's dark half, though, as he still plays the role of the hero.

Chain of Memories is supposed to come out before Christmas, right? I think that'll answer a lot of questions.

Ryth
10-15-2004, 12:45 AM
Wha';s Deep Dive can someone give me a link to view it or whatever please and yeah Sora does get double keyblade sction when he absorbs one of his teammates (more info in the Mulan and Other Worlds in KH2 threads) and two attack buttons.

Ouch!
10-15-2004, 01:28 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought it was, he got a second weapon when he uses Drive to fuse with another character.

Alright, I checked the scenes in the trailer when he was dual-wielding. In the first one, he had both party members. He was close to the front and it was upclose and personal, definately wielding two keyblades.

The next scene also had two keyblades, but it was knocked down to only one ally in his group, so he's just using drive again as normal, I guess.

abrojtm
10-15-2004, 05:27 AM
Dual weilder is not Sora. The Dual Weilder is seen here:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen0/915410_20031002_screen006.jpg
Sora is seen here:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/915410_20040901_screen005.jpg

They are two different people obviously. Also the blond guy isn't Sora's shell since Sora is right there with brown hair.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/915410_20040902_screen001.jpg It also seems as though Auron is in cahoots with Hades. Oh noes!

Ouch!
10-15-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't know, it's a crazy theory, but I like to entertain myself with it. Then there's the whole issue of why he doesn't look like Sora except the similar hair and all that other junk.

Chibi Youkai
10-15-2004, 11:33 PM
I noticed that Auron was with Hades as well... Isn't that intresting. Cloud was the first one of the FF characters that we knew about, and wasn't he with Hades as well?

Oh, and as I recall, I think that the BHK is going to be a playable character at some point, if that helps any. Probably doesn't though.

riku22
07-08-2005, 06:34 AM
This is true, and I suppose is more plausible than I first thought. We don't know very much about what exactly the keyblade(s) is(are).

If the blonde haired kid is from the past, maybe then we'll learn a bit about the origin of the keyblade.

There is one thing about that though. There's the two legends, one saying the keyblade master brought peace, the other saying he brought destruction. Sora and Riku made those legends true, respectfully. If the blonde haired kid takes Sora's place as the good guy, won't there be someone who has to be the keybearer who brings destruction?
ummm the blond keyblade wielder is tidus if u beat kingdom hearts chain of memories rebirth u see him in neverland on the clock with oblivion...

Mercen-X
07-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Tidus and BHK don't look alike despite fanboy fantasies. That scene isn't about Tidus and there's no real way to prove they're the same person.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Mercen-X/Them.bmp
I was thinking about this scene and the scene where he meets up with Namine. I was thinking that their meet up could be her revealing to him that they are shadows of Sora and Kairi and the above scene could be him trying to figure it out. *cliffhanger*

About the third keyblade. I think the first was BHK's by the mention of that possibility of him being a past Keymaster. I think the second was King Mickey's which explains why he has one and knows so much about it. The third is significant because it will be used to open the door to the light. This is why Mickey and BHK try to find Sora. I think actually, all three keys will be necessary. *tangent*

I think that Sora's world is the world of darkness and BHK's world is the world of light despite Namine calling herself a shell/shadow, I believe this is how it'll play out.

Also, if the rest of Twilight Town's characters are shell/shadows of the Destiny Island kids, then there's still one person missing.
BHK = Sora, Namine = Kairi, Camo = Tidus, Chub = Wakka, Tanktop = Selphie, ? = Riku. I believe that despite the fact he's older, it's possible that Axel is BHK's rival as Riku is to Sora. I believe this to be the reason behind BHK's encounter with Axel; more accurately, I believe this is how he knows Axel is after Sora. Meh.

Pheesh
07-08-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't think that you could call the same keyblade more than once

They are all the same keyblade, just different keychains.

riku22
07-08-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't think that you could call the same keyblade more than once

They are all the same keyblade, just different keychains.
no no no there is the kingdom key (soras), dark keybalde (rikus) and the golden keyblade(mickey)

Pheesh
07-08-2005, 01:25 PM
then what are the four that the duel wielder and the bhk use?

Peace out and :rock:
EE

crashNUMBERS
07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah the dual weilder for now known as BHK. (Blonde Haired kid). Him and sora are a mile away in comparisson. Heres a pic of BHK's face...

http://img64.exs.cx/img64/2567/e1-1440_image_1.jpg

Skyblade
07-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Tidus and BHK don't look alike despite fanboy fantasies. That scene isn't about Tidus and there's no real way to prove they're the same person.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Mercen-X/Them.bmp
I was thinking about this scene and the scene where he meets up with Namine. I was thinking that their meet up could be her revealing to him that they are shadows of Sora and Kairi and the above scene could be him trying to figure it out. *cliffhanger*

About the third keyblade. I think the first was BHK's by the mention of that possibility of him being a past Keymaster. I think the second was King Mickey's which explains why he has one and knows so much about it. The third is significant because it will be used to open the door to the light. This is why Mickey and BHK try to find Sora. I think actually, all three keys will be necessary. *tangent*

I think that Sora's world is the world of darkness and BHK's world is the world of light despite Namine calling herself a shell/shadow, I believe this is how it'll play out.

Also, if the rest of Twilight Town's characters are shell/shadows of the Destiny Island kids, then there's still one person missing.
BHK = Sora, Namine = Kairi, Camo = Tidus, Chub = Wakka, Tanktop = Selphie, ? = Riku. I believe that despite the fact he's older, it's possible that Axel is BHK's rival as Riku is to Sora. I believe this to be the reason behind BHK's encounter with Axel; more accurately, I believe this is how he knows Axel is after Sora. Meh.

You know, if it's the light world, it probably shouldn't be called "Twilight Town".

Anyway, CoM:R/R made it pretty clear that Sora was the hero of the light, while Riku was the hero of the twilight. A lot of discussion has gone in to the scene at the crossroads beyond the door to dark. Three roads split off from the road our heroes travel: The road to light, the road to darkness, and the "twilit road". Three paths, three keyblades. With Sora being the hero of the light, and Riku being the hero of the twilight, that leaves BHK as being the hero of the darkness. Which, if he is Sora's shadow, would kind of make sense. Still, this is just my theory, and there is no proof it's correct, so feel free to disagree.

Ouch!
07-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Wow, this old, but meh. A lot of my theory has been easily disproven by new information, but of course it has, I posted this in October.

However, my point still stands that there are four different keyblades in Deep Dive: the three that the BHK had (he threw one to Riku and replaced it with a kingdom key) and then Mickey's. That doesn't account for Sora's keyblade so that means there could be as many as five.

I still don't buy into this summoning a keyblade twice, deal either. As far as the second "keyblade" Sora wields during Drive mode goes, well, I don't really think it is a keyblade, but rather just another weapon of some sort. It hasn't been confirmed to be a keyblade as far as I know.

There's also the deal about Riku's keyblade which was created from the hearts of six of the princesses of heart, which was destroyed. I highly doubt that keyblade is still in existance but it does make the point that keyblades can somehow be created. This makes me wonder: are all these keyblades real keyblades or just copies of the original. It would seem that Mickey's keyblade was able to lock the heart of worlds just as Sora's could--they did lock Kingdom Hearts together, afterall.

There aren't any answers now, so we'll just have to wait, and I'm content with that.

SeeDRankLou
07-09-2005, 02:14 AM
It hasn't been confirmed to be a keyblade as far as I know.
What else would it be?

Pheesh
07-09-2005, 03:33 AM
i still think that a keyblade is the wielder's heart in weapon form which would explain why it can be summoned at will and why sora had it so easily stolen until he looked inside himself. If this is so then why the hell wouldn't he be able to summon two. The stronger his heart gets the more keyblades he can wield. Hell, maybe he'll get a keyring and start swinging around five at once.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

BatYoukaiRusty
07-20-2005, 04:14 AM
I agree with eternal essence. It makes sense because when sora did have his keyblade he searched he feeling and strengthend his heart to have it returned to him. and maybe as he goes on his heart will grow in strength making him be able to summon 2. This is alos might explain how when you press the X button when sora doesnt have the keyblade out it suddenly appears out of nowhere into his hand? :rolleyes2

And by the way, i like the keyring idea :D

Mercen-X
07-20-2005, 06:37 AM
You know, if it's the light world, it probably shouldn't be called "Twilight Town."

Anyway, CoM:R/R made it pretty clear that Sora was the hero of the light, while Riku was the hero of the twilight. A lot of discussion has gone in to the scene at the crossroads beyond the door to dark. Three roads split off from the road our heroes travel: The road to light, the road to darkness, and the "twilit road". Three paths, three keyblades. With Sora being the hero of the light, and Riku being the hero of the twilight, that leaves BHK as being the hero of the darkness. Which, if he is Sora's shadow, would kind of make sense. Still, this is just my theory, and there is no proof it's correct, so feel free to disagree.
Yeah, sure, "hero of the light," but not necessarily "hero of the light world." Don't forget that Sora was supposed to open the door to the light. They're currently searching for the door to the light.
As well, many have theorized that Twilight Town is like Traverse Town. So if Twilight Town sees twilight and Traverse Town sees darkness . . .

Also, a miniscule point: one definition of "traverse" is a horizontal piece across a window or separating a door from a window over it. Now, whereas this may have no relation to Traverse Town at all, it seems significant enough as we deal a lot with doors and windows and the light.

Skyblade
07-20-2005, 07:49 PM
You know, if it's the light world, it probably shouldn't be called "Twilight Town."

Anyway, CoM:R/R made it pretty clear that Sora was the hero of the light, while Riku was the hero of the twilight. A lot of discussion has gone in to the scene at the crossroads beyond the door to dark. Three roads split off from the road our heroes travel: The road to light, the road to darkness, and the "twilit road". Three paths, three keyblades. With Sora being the hero of the light, and Riku being the hero of the twilight, that leaves BHK as being the hero of the darkness. Which, if he is Sora's shadow, would kind of make sense. Still, this is just my theory, and there is no proof it's correct, so feel free (http://69.42.87.218/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=9186) to disagree.
Yeah, sure, "hero of the light," but not necessarily "hero of the light world." Don't forget that Sora was supposed to open the door to the light. They're currently searching for the door to the light.
As well, many have theorized that Twilight Town is like Traverse Town. So if Twilight Town sees twilight and Traverse Town sees darkness . . .

Also, a miniscule point: one definition of "traverse" is a horizontal piece across a window or separating a door from a window over it. Now, whereas this may have no relation to Traverse Town at all, it seems significant enough as we deal a lot with doors and windows and the light.

...Really? Could've fooled me. It's not in any of my dictionaries.

traverse
[transitive verb]
a)to pass, move, or etend over, across, or through; cross
b)to go back and forth over or along; cross and recross
2. to go counter to; oppose; thwart
3. to survey, inspect, or examine carefully
4. to turn (a gun, lathe, etc.) laterally; swivel
5. to make a traverse of in surveying
6. Law
a) to deny or contradict formally
b) to join issue upon (an indictment) or upon the validity of (an inquest of office)
7. Naut. to brace (a yard) forre and aft.

1. to move across; cross over
2. to move back and forth over a place, etc.
3. to swivel or pivot
4. to move across a mountain slope, as in skiing, in an oblique direction
5. to make a traverse in serveying
6. [i]Fencing to move one's blade toward teh opponent's hilt while pressing one's foil hard against the opponent's foil
[noun]
1. something that traverses or crosses; specif.
a) a line that intersects others
b) a crossbar, crosspiece, crossbeam, transom, etc.
c) a parapet or wall of earth, etc. across a rampart or trench
d) a gallery, loft, etc. crossing a building
e) a single line of survey across a plot, region, etc.
f) a screen, curtain, etc. placed crosswise
2. something that opposes or thwarts; obstacle
3. the act or an instance of traversing, specif.;
a) a passing across or through; crossing
b) a lateral, pivoting, oblique, or zigzagging movement
4. a part, device, etc. that causes a traversing movement
5. a passage by which one may cross; way across
a) a zigzagging couse or route taken by a vessel, as in sailing against the wind
b) a single leg of such a course
7. a formal denial in a lawsuit
[ADJECTIVE]
1. passing or extending across; transverse
2. designating or of drapes (and the rods and hooks for them) usually hung in pairs that can be drawn together or apart by pulling a cord at the side
[adverb]
1. across; crosswise

Funny how many definitions there can be for a single word, isn't it? Still, given the nature of the town, I think that it is more likely to be one of the "extending across" definitions, since Traverse Town is, in a way, a bridge between worlds. Not only is it where Sora winds up when the Destiny Islands are destroyed, but it is where nearly all of the refugees from the other worlds wind up.

KeybladeMasterRoxas
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
The blond hair kid's name is Roxas.
It's an anagram of Sora's name with an X.
Technically, he is Sora because he is Sora's "nobody"
This is the only reason why he wields the keyblade.
Why is he wearing the Organization jacket?
I dont know but he used to be part of it but he
lost his memory.
If you played KH:CoM, if you finish Riku's Reverse/Rebirth, you will see a picture of
Roxas on top of Twilight Town's highest building.

Nick Schovitz
05-13-2006, 05:35 PM
What is all of this about, it's confusing, are we discussing the keyblade that Riku gives Kairi, because that just came out of the blue, where did that come from!?

Craig
05-13-2006, 06:56 PM
srsly, wtf

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Don't revive old threads.

Furthermore, warn threads this old that have been revived.