PDA

View Full Version : Do you worry about your health?

Dingo Jellybean
10-14-2004, 02:06 AM
I'm not talking just about exercise, eating right, etc. I'm talking about things you can't prevent...like certain diseases you may have.

With so many foreigners coming into the more sanitized western world, "pure" people are less.

I'm not sure if any of you ever bothered to take a blood test or biopsy, but you'd be surprised by what you may have. There are so many different diseases out there that can be contracted and such that it's amazing that there's a few "clean" people left.

I know 99.9% of you reading this are pretty young, so what affects you now worries you little. I'm 21, I always am thinking about the future and how I may die. I don't want to die from cancer or some stupid disease I didn't bother to check. Maybe it's not important how we die, since we'll all die anyways...but a good exit never hurt anyone.

But eh. My final thoughts are that, everyone should go take a blood test now and see what they're infected with. Maybe I'm spooked out about how I'll die, but technology almost always never catches up with disease unless we're still alive 100000 years into the future.

TasteyPies
10-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Yay! Now I have one more thing to worry about during the day! WHOOO!!!

Mikztsu
10-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Yes, I do take very good care of my health and give a lot of thought on it. For example what I eat, what I drink ( eventhough I drink some alcohol occasionaly).

Also, when I'm fit, physically in good condition, when I swim, when I jog for example before school, I'm mentally much more sharp, don't feel tired at all untill night. It really reflects to other things than just your body and organs...yes yes, many have no clue how good sports and activity can really do for you in so many levels.

'tis very unhealhty indeed to not care about your health.

DMKA
10-14-2004, 02:23 AM
I'm actually sitting on my ass in front of my comp eating a bigass bag of skittles with a bottle of Dr Pepper as I'm posting this...so that tells you how much I care about my health. :p

TasteyPies
10-14-2004, 02:33 AM
I'm not talking just about exercise, eating right, etc. I'm talking about things you can't prevent...like certain diseases you may have.

Yes, I do take very good care of my health and give a lot of thought on it. For example what I eat, what I drink ( eventhough I drink some alcohol occasionaly).

I'm actually sitting on my ass in front of my comp eating a bigass bag of skittles with a bottle of Dr Pepper as I'm posting this...so that tells you how much I care about my health. :p

:fpexdee:

Anyway, I live a fairly sheltered life and people rarely immigrate from other countries to wisconsin.

White Raven
10-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Meh, my family has no past history of bad diseases or what not and they've all grown to a high age. So I ain't worried much at all.

But if I were to die of a disease or anything, I'd want it to be the Black Plauge...people hear too much of people dying of cancer every day, but if someone died of the black death, they'd remember the name :)

Jojee
10-14-2004, 02:40 AM
Not too worried ^.^ I think I'll be all right. And TasteyPies, I'm in WI too :tongue: What town?

theundeadhero
10-14-2004, 02:43 AM
I don't worry about my health at all. I have people that do it for me. They make me exercise 5 days a week and make sure I eat right. Even if I'm not hungry they make me eat 3 meals a day :barf: So I'm pretty healthy, but I'll spoil their plans. I probably drink too often.

TasteyPies
10-14-2004, 02:44 AM
Not too worried ^.^ I think I'll be all right. And TasteyPies, I'm in WI too :tongue: What town?

I will send you a PM to keep the thread on topic.

Anywho, I am always getting cuts and bruises from random accidents. Getting a blood transferishish disease would realy suck.

Yamaneko
10-14-2004, 03:24 AM
All males will eventually die from prostate cancer if they outlive everything else. All women will eventually die from breast/ovarian cancer if they outlive everything else.

I try to live a healthy lifestyle. I exercise (albeit, not enough I sense), I eat healthy foods, and don't take in harmful things that I have a choice not to take in. I don't think us young-ins should be worried about dying from heart disease, or having a heart attack just yet.

Giga Guess
10-14-2004, 04:01 AM
I used to worry NON-STOP about this stuff. It terrified me. But now...since I got to my bullet-proof phase, it doesn't bother me as much. But I still worry a bit.

Sacred Phoenix
10-14-2004, 04:18 AM
I look at it as, if it's gonna happen then it's gonna happen. You can't technically prevent cancer or strokes etc, so there is no point in worrying too much about it. Now my problem is, and it is a problem, is that I smoke and drink (not alot but i have good weekends) and i don't really exercise, which is really bad. But what makes it worse is I can't seem to find the motivation to change my unhealthy ways. I am lazy. I would like to know the "secret" for motivation. I just hope that when i get the motivation, it's not from somthing bad happening.

escobert
10-14-2004, 04:20 AM
There's lots of stuuf in my family :( I will most likely get something bad as well:(

Shlup
10-14-2004, 04:22 AM
I try not to worry, but it does cross my mind. My mom's sister died of cervical cancer, and I would really not like to get that one, so I do go get a pap smear every year (TMI much?). I also go to a dermatologist occasionally because I have a lot of freckles and moles, and skin cancers a nasty thing to get. I check my breasts for lumps, which always freaks me out 'cause I do have lumps, but they're just cysts (which are common; I'm not a freak :aimmad:). I never try to get tan or bask in the sun, though that also has to do with the fact that I prefer to be pale.

I take vitamins and I take an asprin every day, which they say is good for you. I eat a handful of walnuts with breakfast because they're good for you. I only use extra virgin olive oil when I cook; never the other oils or butter. When I buy things I tend to get low fat, like cottage cheese and milk, the latter of which I rarely drink. I've been eating less and less candy, and less and less red meat. I've been doing more sit ups and stretches and less TV-watching and snacking.

I'm really not too fanatical about being healthy, but it feels really good to do this stuff. I like to go to the farmer's market and get fruits and veggies and wild salmon instead of farm raised. I like to be able to grab my toes and I really like that the more weight I loose the more of my old clothes I get to wear.

Peegee
10-14-2004, 04:22 AM
Being immortal, I have nothing to fear. And even if I weren't immortal, there's no health problems. My father isn't a human (his own words), and I'm immortal. It's incredible how cool we all are.

Dingo Jellybean
10-14-2004, 04:48 AM
All males will eventually die from prostate cancer if they outlive everything else. All women will eventually die from breast/ovarian cancer if they outlive everything else.

I try to live a healthy lifestyle. I exercise (albeit, not enough I sense), I eat healthy foods, and don't take in harmful things that I have a choice not to take in. I don't think us young-ins should be worried about dying from heart disease, or having a heart attack just yet.

That's what my dad use to say.

But you live healthy now to give yourself a better chance later, at least that's what I try to do. It's like cramming for an exam, if you want that A or the best chance for an A, you start now.

Yamaneko
10-14-2004, 04:49 AM
I cram and still get A's. :D

Dingo Jellybean
10-14-2004, 04:52 AM
I cram and still get A's. :D

Admittingly, I do that...but only for super easy exams like Art History or like...basket weaving.

I tried doing that for my first Calculus class and got like...ouch.

Kirobaito
10-14-2004, 04:53 AM
I should probably worry about my health a lot more, but I don't. My uncle is having a quadruple bypass in about a week, so that sucks. However, heart disease isn't common in our family, as he smoked for about 15 years before quitting about 5 years ago.

Alzheimer's has never been a problem. My grandfather constantly keeps his brain functioning to make sure he doesn't get it. Although I am scared that I will die of male pattern baldness. :(

Erdrick Holmes
10-14-2004, 05:09 AM
I don't really excersize or eat right. I'll eat anything as long as it tastes good and won't kill me immediatly.

kikimm
10-14-2004, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I worry about it---probably too much for my own good. But worrying about that stuff constantly doesn't really get me anywhere but frustrated. I'm really paranoid, though; even if it's something really small, like my finger swells up, I freak out and think I have cancer.

Meh...I should go and get some sort of exam, but I hate doctors. I haven't had a physical in years.

:D

Calliope
10-14-2004, 06:09 AM
I'll probably be dead by forty-five.

Yamaneko
10-14-2004, 07:12 AM
That's the spirit! :hat:

Calliope
10-14-2004, 08:31 AM
:hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat:

It's funny because it's true :D

:hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat:

Polaris
10-14-2004, 09:01 AM
If I don't have health what should be of me? Well I take very good care of my health... :p

theundeadhero
10-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Speaking of health risks I had to get an Anthrax shot today and now my hearts gonna 'splode! :Oo: :crying: :nibbles: :skull6:

Mikztsu
10-15-2004, 01:22 AM
Ah yes, sorry about going a <s>lot</s> bit out of context in my first reply there. Just didn't read the topic in my hurry, which happens often.

Seriously, I have no reason to worry about cancer for example. No one as dar as I can remember in history in my family has had cancer, so why should I worry about it? And I just checked my "health card" and all my vaccines are still up-to-date.

But answer to your question whether I worry or not is simply: no, I dont worry about my health, because I simply have no reason to worry. I worry more about...other peoples health; the people I care about.

Leeza
10-15-2004, 03:11 AM
I don't worry much about it now. Most of what I eat is all good and I exercise more than semi-regularly. However, all of my family has died of either heart attacks or cancer and since my heart is more than okay, I guess it'll be some form of cancer regardless of what I do to try and avoid it.

krissy
10-15-2004, 03:20 AM
no

my lymph nodes flare up now and again randomly

i am an infection, and humanity is my host

Crystal_Clear
10-15-2004, 03:36 AM
No. If I ever die of a heart attack (Due to eating the foods I love), I'll have died happy. I'm a sugar and fat demon... And I'm still skinny as hell.

Guess that doesn't mean I can't have high cholesterol, though.

I've got a huge one on the upper right part of my neck right now. :cool:

Giga Guess
10-15-2004, 04:14 AM
Any heath freak I've found is usually pretty grumpy. I'd rather die young and happy, than live forever, and be crabby...

Jojee
10-15-2004, 04:19 AM
no

i am an infection, and humanity is my host

Gahhhhhh. I hate it when that happens. :fphot: Damn swollen lymph nodes... makes me feel like a freak and afraid to lift my head :p

:fpangry:

I hate you, too.

DMKA
10-15-2004, 05:49 AM
If you think about it EoFF isn't very good for our health. :tongue: