PDA

View Full Version : Limit Break...Problem

ProjectD
10-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I am playing through FF7 on my psx again and i am having problems getting to stage two limit breaks blade beam and climmhazard. I don't know what the problem is it just wont go up. I just recently went to the forest outside junon and physcially killed 120+ enemies with cloud only and did not see it level up to blade beam. :mad2:

Also i remember seeing meteroite gained when i was in midgar, yes i did kill alot of enemies in midgar. I also went to check with the sleeping guy and said i fought in over 500 battles so that is alot of guys. Same thing happened with tiffa i saw waterkick gained but nothing happend still on limit break level one... :mad2:

Also note i am on disc 1, do you have to be on disk to to gain these limit level breaks. I am level 41 with cloud at mt. nibel at the moment while my other characters around 38. So any ideas or helpful suggestions on what the problem would be nice. Thx

Chris
10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
All problems with Limit Breaks can be found HERE (http://www.eyesonff.com./ff7/limit.shtml)

ProjectD
10-14-2004, 07:56 PM
All problems with Limit Breaks can be found HERE (http://www.eyesonff.com./ff7/limit.shtml)

"Limit Level 1:
Braver: Already there.
Cross Slash: Use Braver 8 times to learn.
Limit Level 2:
Blade Beam: Have Cloud Kill 115 enemies to learn this.
Climhazzard: Use Blade Beam 7 times to learn.
Limit Level 3:
Meteorain: Have Cloud kill a further 80 enemies for him to learn this.
Finishing Touch: Use Meteorain 6 times.
Limit Level 4:
Omnislash: Won at battle square for 64,000 bp. Can teach to him as soon as you have learnt the second level 3 limit."

That doesn't help that just explains what the limit breaks do, and the other ones i read says how to get them. It says all i have to do with cloud once i get both level 1 limit breaks is to kill 115 enemies which i have done and I still havnt got blade beam!?!??! Also I remember seeing meteorain pop after a battle so that should mean i have it already but i dont see it. Same thing happened with Tifa, i got waterkick gained but she does not have it still stuck on level 1 limit breaks for her at all.

Halenite
10-15-2004, 05:30 PM
You do NOT have to kill 115 enemies to get Blade beam, only 80 like the rest. I counted every enemy Cloud killed, it's only 80.

I advise someone fix that on the site.

ProjectD
10-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Lets say i am on Limit Levl 1 and only have braver and before I get Cross slah( Level 1 limit 2 breaker) I kill 80 enemies which is to get blade beam will i still be able to get blade beam later on? or what will actually happen? Could that be the reason i am not able to get blade beam now?

Or does 80 kills count after I get both limit breakers on level 1?

Takara
10-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Have you switched to your level 2 limits? Once you learn the first limit for the next level, you must switch to that level to be able to use it to learn the next one.

Looks like it may be the problem to me. The same thing happened to me during my 1st playthrough 7 years ago, until I figured out I had to switch levels. I think there is a limit menu for it (can't recall, been too long since I played), and once you select the next limit level, you can't use the limits from the previous levels (with the exception of Tifa).

If you did this and it's still not working, then I have no clue what can fix it.

o_O
10-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Lets say i am on Limit Levl 1 and only have braver and before I get Cross slah( Level 1 limit 2 breaker) I kill 80 enemies which is to get blade beam will i still be able to get blade beam later on? or what will actually happen? Could that be the reason i am not able to get blade beam now?

Or does 80 kills count after I get both limit breakers on level 1?

The enemies you kill between the first limit breaks of any consecutive level all contribute to the next level; The enemies you killed between Braver and Cross Slash will contribute to acquiring Blade Beam.

Antendo
10-21-2004, 08:34 AM
To get this straight I'll tell you how you get the Limits for Cloud. And I mean EVERY Limit.

Limits level 1
Braver: You have it the start
Cross-Slash: You have to use Braver eight times

Limits level 2
Blade Beam: You have to kill 120 enemies with Cloud (you can use magic too)
Climhazzard: You have to use Blade Beam seven times

Limits level 3
Meteorain: Kill 200 enemies (after those 120 you need for Blede Beam)
Finishing touch: You ave to use Meteorain six times.

Limit level 4
Omnislash: You have to get 32000 points and exchange them for Omnislash-item (you can get the points with anyone, so it doesn't have to be Cloud)

So theres the "little Guide" for Clouds Limits. Että olkaapa herrat ja rouvat/neidit vaan tyytyväisiä tuohon.

sephirothisnotdead
10-27-2004, 10:30 PM
To get this straight I'll tell you how you get the Limits for Cloud. And I mean EVERY Limit.

Limits level 1
Braver: You have it the start
Cross-Slash: You have to use Braver eight times

Limits level 2
Blade Beam: You have to kill 120 enemies with Cloud (you can use magic too)
Climhazzard: You have to use Blade Beam seven times

Limits level 3
Meteorain: Kill 200 enemies (after those 120 you need for Blede Beam)
Finishing touch: You ave to use Meteorain six times.

Limit level 4
Omnislash: You have to get 32000 points and exchange them for Omnislash-item (you can get the points with anyone, so it doesn't have to be Cloud)

for blade beam its only 80 then 80 more and 80 more to get all of the kill amount limits

So theres the "little Guide" for Clouds Limits. Että olkaapa herrat ja rouvat/neidit vaan tyytyväisiä tuohon.

One winged angel of death
11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
how about you do this. you put cloud in fury. then do hat everyone else told you to do. heh...i didn't really pay attention to the limit breaks.

ISRviper
11-02-2004, 08:53 PM
can I only get Cliuds 4th limit break in the golden saucer or can I just kill monsters or just use a certain type of limit a number of times to get it

11-02-2004, 08:56 PM
friendly warning. you must get omnislash. you have to fight sephiroth and in his last form you can only hit him with omnislash no other physical attacks work and all attacks have be negated as well as your materia. you can only use omnislash.

ISRviper
11-03-2004, 01:03 PM
actualy you don't have to get ominslash cuz I once beat the game with only level 2 limit breaks and in the end you get ominslash no matter what sense it's the last attack

Jolts
11-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Like ISRviper said, you get Omnislash in that battle, even if you shouldn't have it. Plus, if you just sit there and let Sephiroth attack you once, you'll automatically attack him back, even if you don't have any type of countering materia equipped, and that'll be the end of the battle (but Omnislash there is much better than just attacking once).

Anyway, here's what you do (at least, it's what I did). Equip Cloud with Slash All and a Fury Ring, then go to a place with weak enemies and a bunch per battle (4 or 5 is good). I suggest the forrests around For Condor.
The actual number of kills seems to fluxuate between games. So, one time it might be 115, and another it'll be 120 (possibly due to a bug), and there have even been a few rumors where somebody fought through the entire game on limit level 1 with Cloud because he would never learn his limit level 2 (also could be a bug). Personally, I've never encountered the latter, and I've never counted how many enemies I killed before learning the next level, I just rigged it so the game would fight all by itself while I went and did something else.

ISRviper
11-03-2004, 09:59 PM
how do you do that???? rig your psx so they will just keep on fighting?

Jolts
11-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Props.

I have the controller propped up against something so 'L1' is held down. Then I prop something on top of 'O' with a turbo-fire controller (works even better if you have auto-fire, since you wouldn't have to prop anything on 'O'). Finally, I prop something on top of 'LEFT' so Cloud will constantly go in circles to the left. During battles, he'll attack the insant he gets a turn, thanks to the Fury Ring, and he'll attack all enemies thanks to Slash-All. If he's the fastest character of the group, then he'll most likely get the first turn, and if he's not the fastest, then one or two of the enemies may be taken out by the other characters because of 'O' being constantly pressed. If you're fighting weak enemies, you could probably go a few hours without having to even look at the screen.
You need 'O' to be constantly pressed on turbo to skip the spoils screens (where you get your EXP, Gil, items, and AP). 'X' might work, to prevent other members of your party from attacking, but that might cause you to not get any items (which may not be a big deal with you, but I just have to rob the enemies of all their stuff after killing them :radred: ).

11-08-2004, 08:49 PM
oh...okay i had no idea! i'm so dumb...well i gots omnislash just in case....^_^'

SetsuntaMew
11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
I didn't have Omnislash the first time I beat it and I did just fine ^_^ It was so cool when I saw it that I made a special point to work on getting it the next time. Still, I don't like the Battledome; it hates me.

Beowulf
11-09-2004, 07:07 PM
When I first played this game, I remember watching Omnislash and being all " :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: thats so cool! I wish I could learn it!" Then I went back to Goldsaucer...and saw I could. Er...anyway. For those who want to learn the limits quicker, use Matra Magic in the Junon caves. Or whatever those caves are. You always get enemies in groups of four or five, so it doesn't take long. I had all the limits (except for the level 4's, of course) by the time I left the cave. As an added bonus, I was also on level 30 with 99 hi-potions. :D

SetsuntaMew
11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Beowulf, I like that idea ^_^ Now, I must find time to play and try it out. *spends too much time playing DDR*

11-09-2004, 07:27 PM
heh interesting....i got all the summons there are and mastered all my materia......^_^' am i an ff7 fanattic???

viet-cong111
11-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I have seen it when cloud uses armonyslash you dont need to learn it to complete the game at the end he gets so angry he automatically learns it and sephirothsfack gets cut 1......2......3.......4......5......6.......7.........8 times and he dies
:mad: :mad: :barf: :barf: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :strung: