PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "argh I'm stuck"

Ezme
10-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Right, sorry about this but I'm stuck on carry armour. I know, I know its sad but i have to finish FFVII because I've otherwise completed VI to X inclusive. It keeps killing me before i even get a chance to do ANYTHING! My charecters are about level 39ish (don't laugh, i play for the game/story line, not spending hours leveling up like some). All my mate that play this say that its pathectic but oh well, any advice? thanks

Zifnab
10-14-2004, 07:14 PM
I got stuck on Carry Armor my first time through, too. In the end I went to Mideel, leveled up all my characters until I learnt Ultima, and went back. By then I had enough HP to survive his laser attack.
It's worth your while taking out the arms. Bolt 3 and Comet them to oblivion.

Big D
10-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Carry Armor used my party for toilet paper about a dozen times before I beat it. It's one of those nasty bosses that gets everyone, first time around.

My advice...

* It's weak again Lightning, so equip Bolt materia on your strongest magic-user; perhaps use Elemental materia to give someone a Lightning-elemental physical attack.

* Comet, Bahamut and Neo Bahamut are very powerful, non-elemental magic attacks. Most handy.

*Don't overload your characters with Materia! It decreases their HP and sometimes their strength. You've gotta establish a balance - enough Materia to give your party strong magic, but not so much Materia that they have no physical defences.

*Attack from the back row as much as possible. Long Range Materia and long-range weapons are ideal. A party of Cloud, Yuffie and Barret would serve you well.

*Enemy Skills can help. Big Guard is one of the best defensive spells, while Trine is a good attacking spell.

Good luck!

FF_Lavindathar
10-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Which boss is carry armour?

The name doesnt ring a bell. I know I beat every first time (including Safer Sephiroth), except Bizarro Sephiroth.

So, IIRC its easy. More advice when I know which boss it is.

Dark Matter
10-16-2004, 02:17 AM
We fought Carry Armour to go after the Huge Materia inside the Underwater Reactor.
It's before we got the first submarine.
My only advice is to destroy one of its arms first. :shoot:
I played for the storyline line too ...

Itsunari 2000
11-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Carry Armour ?!

Damn , I hated that bastard ! Took me about 15 tries to whoop his ass ! Used strong lightning magic , combined with Cloud and Vincent's limit breaks.

One winged angel of death
11-14-2004, 06:03 PM
really? i beat it on my first try...

Auronhart
11-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Killed me the first time. (because of that stupid laser move that it does constantly if you kill it's arms)

beyondthegrave
11-22-2004, 06:18 PM
I bet my first try too...

Brian The Pink Shark
11-22-2004, 06:30 PM
i must just be lucky then, ive never died against carry armour :choc:

Shoeberto
11-22-2004, 09:13 PM
He almost had me giving up the game on my first run through. Um...I dunno, make sure you have a lot of Lightning attacks. Like Materia with Bolt2 on it...or, better yet, multiple ones. It'd be good to have Ramuh levelled a few times so you can summon him, and also Bahamut and Neo Bahamut (though I can't remember if you can even get him at that point in the game)

Brian The Pink Shark
11-23-2004, 07:53 AM
you can, Neo bahamut is at the crater the first time you visit it :choc:

saint35
11-23-2004, 03:26 PM
LOL how could you be stuck on such a easy boss?just use rahumuh or use bolt2.

One winged angel of death
11-25-2004, 09:17 PM
2 true. it took me 15min almost mabey 20 to beat carry armour. were you ppl just not prepared?

novarta
12-16-2004, 03:43 PM
can somebody help?
when i tried to install my FFVII in my better computer tha has got windows 2000, i doesn`t work at all there appears no image on the screen.
when i played FFVII in my other computer that haves windows 98 it worked.
please can some one tell me why this happens?

MistaCloudStrife
12-16-2004, 05:17 PM
You prolly need to download a patch... FFVII was made a while ago and works better with the old comps... i guess...

I had to download the XP patch in order to play it.... try finding a patch... theres prolly one out ther... =D

Dr.K
12-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Coincidentally i've just beaten that boss about 2 hours ago!! He beat me the first time, and yes - he is a hairy character.

Definitely go straight for the arms first until they both fall off - once these are gone, this boss is nothing. Cast slow on him as your first move (i dont know if stop works on him - this would be grand) and then go with bolt2/3 and trine to his arms. It's handy to have cure+all for after the lapis laser attack. I didn't try it but casting regen on all could really help in theory - as long as it continues to heal the character when they're being squished in his clamps. Each arm has 10,000 HP, so keep an eye on how much damage each attack is doing, and plan accordingly. If you've got them, Big guard is a dividend, and a few castings of magic breath will kiss his arms goodbye.

=Angelus=
12-17-2004, 01:29 AM
how much life did your characters have? i think every character of mine had a HP-plus materia on them.. it makes a difference.. a big one (until your health is 9999 at least)

novarta
12-17-2004, 04:58 AM
can someone tell me a web site where i can download patch for windows 2000?

Cloud Strife fanatic
12-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Yea Carry Armour was pretty tough, but all you need are some good bolts, Ramuh, and high health, mayby put some hp plus's on, if thats not working head to mideel and lvl up there. :D

Shadow Knight
12-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Ahh yes, the all too fimiliar Carry Armor. This guy is definitly one of the harder bosses in the game. He used my party as tissues, toilet paper and toothpaste before I beat him. What you want to do is go straight for the arms. Get a healer in your party, or if you're plain brute force, just get everyone to attack the arms. Don't bother about the body. It might take you a few tries to figure out his plan, but when you do, use it too your advantage. Like, if you can sense there's an arm grab coming up, heal all your party first etc.

ISRviper
12-17-2004, 02:06 PM
I Got stuck on that boss to I remember useing vincin'ts limit break don't remember wich level he used lightning as one of his attacks

novarta
12-18-2004, 03:27 PM
now i have right patch for win 2000, but the broblem is that the game tsucks in the first battle.
can somebody help me?

sephiroth9006
12-19-2004, 06:39 PM
advice vincent lvl2 limit break trine blot3 ruhma and bahumut from
there your sorted just make sure that vincents limit is full before that battle if you don't have bolt3 then bolt2 will do this in my opinion is one of the easiest bosses on the game i didn't need to use vincent or bolt when i went against it
these 3 are a good party and do well if you have them set out right

cloud
red xiii
yuffie

yuffie's good cause she is one of the fastest people in the game and can get turns one after another with haste on her.
i can't remember how to have them set out cause it was such a long time ago but have them equipped with stuff that gives you high defence and you should be fine..