PDA

View Full Version : Your first time

Ragnarok
10-15-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm kind of curious to hear what kind of party everyone had the first time they beat the game. My first time I had Mustadio, Ramza as a monk, a red chocobo, a summoner, and a knight. I cant really remember any abilities I had equipped, but remember how damn near impossible it almost was to beat so they couldn't have been too good.

MoonsEcho
10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
I also had Ramza as a monk. The rest of them were Orlandu, Reis, a Lancer, and....cripes...I can't remember for sure, but I think it was another monk. If I wasn't so tired and lazy right now I'd walk across the room, find the game, and load it just to see exactly who I used and what their secondary commands were, but that was pretty much it. Monks were my powerhouses. And Orlandu was jus' unstoppable.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Ramza, Orlandu, Meliadoul, Beowulf, and Worker #8.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Ramza, Orlandu, Beowulf, Reis, and Cloud

The Amazing Spiderman
10-16-2004, 02:41 AM
I remember pretty well my units.

Ramza as a Squire, Male Ninja named dreyfuss, My male lancer Schenberg, Worker 8, and Orlandu.

Msilver
10-16-2004, 07:57 AM
Ramza as a lancer
Cid as a holy knight
Summoner
Dancer

whee!

Del Murder
10-17-2004, 04:22 AM
Ramza as a Monk with two sword, Orlandu as a Holy Swordsman, Summoner with Math Skill, White Mage with Math Skill, Beowulf as his default job (Temple Knight?).

Monk + two sword = awesome

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Ramza Squire+Math Skills+97 Brave and Faith+2 Swords+Excalibur and Chaos Blade=Awsome-er!

Ragnarok
10-21-2004, 03:02 AM
Damn, you guys had some strong parties your first time. I barely knew anything about the game, or any final fantasy games since this was my first. But, I did figure out just barely enough to beat it, was was pretty rewarding.

Black Roses
10-28-2004, 09:48 PM
i just beat tactics a few days ago! :D
tack another [ff] game beaten, down
[btw:i've beaten 7 throiugh X-2]

well, i had Ramza(monk w/ 2 sword)
orlandu, (holy swordskill and battleskill)
a samurai,
a black mage (with white magic)
and meliadoul

Plus...
Altima was cool looking...

thornwithin
11-07-2004, 08:27 PM
My first party:
Ramza as a Samurai with Two Swords and monk skills
Orlandu
Agrias
some dude as a White Mage with Time magic
some chick as a Samurai with Two Swords and Item

I guess i'm the only one who thought Agrias was better than the other sword knight people, cuz her holy sword attacks work on monsters that don't have equipment.

Also I thought Samurai was a really versatile character, cuz you can wear armor for lots of HP, and the "Draw Out" skill can duplicate many cool effects (healing, area-effect damange, straight-line damage, defenes boost, etc)

For magic, I used one guy with white and time. with white, you get healing *and* attack magic cuz of Holy, and with time you get Haste which is freaking amazing.

Question to people who had the "bonus" characters such as beowulf, cloud, etc.: did you figure out all that stuff on your own, or did you use a strategy guide your first time through? Ditto on Math Skill - I had no idea it was so powerful my first time through, and even now I feel like the time required to learn all the abilities, as well as to decide which multiplier to use each turn, isn't worth the extra power.

Stimpy141
11-07-2004, 09:16 PM
My first game ever was beaten when I was in 3rd grade, a little more than 6 years ago from today.
I only remember...
I had a Chemist, Ramza as a Ninja, Orlandu, Agrias (Hey, even though she isn't that great she's still cool!) and that's all I can remember.

dodhungry
11-11-2004, 04:18 AM
ahh my first party to beat the game. Hmmm it was thats right 4 ninjas and Orlandu. <cough> also used gameshark b/c he was stupid <finish cough> :rolleyes2

UltimaLimit
11-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Ramza as a Lancer.
Garcia as a Lancer.
Orlandu as a Unstoppable Powerhouse. (Also known as Holy Swordsman.)

I don't remember who else I had the first time. I've got a save file right before the final boss, so if I get bored I fire it up and make mincemeat of Altima. I always use the aforementioned three, but I also have used:

Brianna (L40-something Archer. She actually finished off Altima with a 65-damage arrow.)
Rage (an Explosive. It was rather odd when he got turned into a frog. Then Alma cast MBarrier on him.) :rolleyes2
Aero3 (a Red Chocobo. He got confused and dropped a meteor on himself.)
What's-her-face (my Mediator/something else I can't recall hybrid. Think I had her as a Lancer with Talk Skill.)
Rad (as a L11 Squire. He actually outlasted the L40-something Alma and inflicted a whopping 3 damage.)