PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so upset?

Xoranix
10-15-2004, 03:47 AM
I started playing this game when it first came out back in 2001. After about 10 hours, I ditched it, being busy with school and, for the most part, not impressed with the game.

I just started playing again this summer. Through casual playing I have now defeated the game. And I am really touched by the ending. I know, I know, it's JUST a video game. But man, that was so sad. I never realized how into the characters I was until I saw the ending. The music made it even more emotional.

Don't spoil anything, but is FF X-2 worth getting? I'm hearing mixed reviews. Does it contribute to the Final Fantasy X storyline well? If so, I will buy it and play it.

Thanks.

TasteyPies
10-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Its not worth it. It you want to play it rent, not buy, its all girly chats and giggles.

Its fun to see how spira has developed but I think thats the only thing the game has going for it and I shouldn't have wasted the money buying it.

P.S. They dress slutty.

Xoranix
10-15-2004, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the input. Anyone else?

I'm looking for it to be fun yet challenging, and to also be emotional. I've heard rumors of what it's about...but if it's not worth it, I'll just get someone to spoil it for me.

Dark Dragoon
10-15-2004, 05:56 AM
*eyes TastyPies' post*

.....Well, if you look past the girlyness of the game, it's actually quite fun. It has one of if not THE BEST battle system in the series. ATB + Real Time = Chaos. It's very fun. The game has a pretty silly feel to it; it's nowhere near as dark and serious as previous FFs. Saying it's light-hearted would be accurate, to say the least. But it's a nice change of pace for the series.

As far as the presentation, the graphics are very similar to FFX's(of course), to the point where it almost feels like an expansion pack, but that's not a big deal to me. The music, if you're used to previous FFs, will be.....dissapointing. It's very different, and repetitive. Although it gets MUCH better in the second half of the game.

The plot is pretty good, if you overlook the silliness. The characters are pretty good, especially the new ones. Paine, Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal are all great additions to the cast, aswell as all the other characters you know(Isaaru has reeeeeally lost his mind in this one o_o).

Overall, I enjoyed the game very much. It's one of my favorites in the series. However, I can understand why some people dislike it. Bottom line: If you can't stand girly stuff, you may wanna avoid it. If you can tolerate it, even a little, definately grab it. Either way, it's atleast worth a rental. :p

DMKA
10-15-2004, 06:11 AM
P.S. They dress slutty.
I dress like them, and I don't appreciate you calling my appearance "slutty". :cry:

Buy it...its one of the best.

ScottNUMBERS
10-15-2004, 07:50 AM
i dont mind the way they dress :D

Dragon Ash
10-15-2004, 12:56 PM
ok so it's a bit of girly little adventure but it's still great to see spira again and it's very nostalgic. i love hearing yuna's thoughts about tidus and throughout the entire game yuna fights to protect her memories. it's really sweet. :cry:
i'm currently on my second play through coz the first time i didn't get the good ending.

Halenite
10-15-2004, 05:23 PM
We know skye likes it considering his/her avatar.

I say go for it, at first I wasn't too impressed, but it got a lot better.

SeeDRankLou
10-15-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm looking for it to be fun yet challenging, and to also be emotional.
That's FFX-2 in a nutshell. I love the game, I think it's great. It's a little girly, but a nice change from the previous string of FF games that were all more similar than different. I liked it, and it's well worth buying. It has great replay value too.

Optium
10-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Even X-2 is emotional...it's very nostalgic. Walking around Zanarkand at
the site of the campfire, I felt so strange and sad.

.opt

listentomystory
10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
seedranklou i couldnt have put it better myself

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-19-2004, 01:19 AM
I should get back to it, it isn't a bad game. Sphere Break annoys the crap out of me though.

Tanwen Strife
10-19-2004, 11:39 PM
X-2? It's an.... aquired taste. Some love it. Many loath it. It's very silly. If you're not sure rent it before you buy. If you liked IX I would buy this one.

FFGodd
10-20-2004, 03:47 AM
heres my opinion, if you didnt like the fact that tidus died, then get ffx and see what reappy happens .. the game play is different, they went back to the old system of that bar, instead of the FFX turn based combat, they also ditched the sphere grid, which i though was awsome =\ ... its basicly about what happens to the rest of the characters after yuna killed sin...personally i only bought it because i wanted to know what happened, and reading about it wasnt enough =\ .. but the game it semf could have been beter, but it wasnr bad...

btw, what do you mean if you liked IX, i loved 9 and i didnt overly enjoy thisd one =\

Tanwen Strife
10-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Well to me they were quite similar. IX was supposed to be a bit more fun, admitedly not to the extent of X-2. I was refering to the story line, not the gameplay. They are COMPLETELY different.

Vaprice
10-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Its either you love it or hate it. People that have just started playing FF's like it, because its new to them. Me on the other hand thought it to be a waste of time.

It does somewhat contribute to the FFX ending but overall it was stupid. They did have blitzball which was bad.

The music in FFX-2 sucked...it drove me insane. I did not like it. It was not worth getting, and its really easy to beat the game. Not so much to get 100% but still easy.

Optium
10-21-2004, 11:29 PM
I liked it. It wasn't epic like other FFs, but FFX wasn't all that epic either,
still a great game and a great story. FFX-2's story is pretty hurting, but it
gets pretty interesting in chapter 4. I bought the game and I don't regret
it a bit, I let a bunch of friends borrow it after beating it and I just got it
back a few weeks ago, been playing it more than I have FFVII, which I
just borrowed from a friend :p . The music is pretty hurting at some parts,
what's the deal with the theme from Excel Saga playing in the ship?
Anyone else notice this? ;]

I'd say rent it, and if you like it and you decide you want to see all 5
endings (including the game over ending...if you die in the last fight),
borrow it from a friend who doesn't mind lending things for a few months,
or buy it. It is a good game, the story isn't up to par with some of the
others but it makes up for that with just REALLY fun gameplay.

.opt