PDA

View Full Version : the weight of the world!

ff babe
10-16-2004, 01:17 PM
god, i feel like i have so much responcabilities, and i dont no what to do, i'm only 13, what do u guys think? :confused:

Armisael
10-16-2004, 01:24 PM
what responsibilities exactly?

ff babe
10-16-2004, 01:25 PM
like school, home, anywhere

Meat Puppet
10-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Yep. Life's tough. And the only way to get through it is to be tougher.

Someone said that, but their name it was slipped my mind.

Skogs
10-16-2004, 01:38 PM
If you think life's tough at 13, just you wait until you leave school.

Erdrick Holmes
10-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Wait until you graduate, you gotta worry about finding a job, learning how t odrive, and eventually how to live on your own.

ff babe
10-16-2004, 01:46 PM

Silmaril
10-16-2004, 02:27 PM
These responsibilities without a doubt will multiply with every year.

ff babe
10-16-2004, 02:47 PM
i no

Mikztsu
10-16-2004, 03:27 PM
It's not that bad though. Being 24 now myself ( almost twice your age ff babe), I have many responsibilities. You learn to take care of them and how to deal with them more and more independant you grow. At first, I HATED paying for everything by myself. Heh, it felt weird for buying your own food and simple stuff like that.

ff babe
10-16-2004, 03:35 PM
cool, thanx

i quess it isn't that bad

<b>Please don't double post. -SD</b>

Denmark
10-16-2004, 04:04 PM
life sucks, get over it

Dignified Pauper
10-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Life is only what you make of it. you think you have responsibility now, wait til college...

Baloki
10-16-2004, 04:33 PM
It would be more proper to ask, "What is the mass of planet Earth?"1 The quick answer to that is: approximately 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (6E+24) kilograms.

The interesting sub-question is, "How did anyone figure that out?" It's not like the planet steps onto the scale each morning before it takes a shower. The measurement of the planet's weight is derived from the gravitational attraction that the Earth has for objects near it.

It turns out that any two masses have a gravitational attraction for one another. If you put two bowling balls near each other, they will attract one another gravitationally. The attraction is extremely slight, but if your instruments are sensitive enough you can measure the gravitational attraction that two bowling balls have on one another. From that measurement, you could determine the mass of the two objects. The same is true for two golf balls, but the attraction is even slighter because the amount of gravitational force depends on mass of the objects.

Newton showed that, for spherical objects, you can make the simplifying assumption that all of the object's mass is concentrated at the center of the sphere. The following equation expresses the gravitational attraction that two spherical objects have on one another:

F = G * M1 * M2 / R2
R is the distance separating the two objects.
G is a constant that is 6.67259x10-11m3/s2 kg.
M1 and M2 are the two masses that are attracting each other.
F is the force of attraction between them.
Assume that Earth is one of the masses (M1) and a 1-kg sphere is the other (M2). The force between them is 9.8 kg*m/s2 -- we can calculate this force by dropping the 1-kg sphere and measuring the acceleration that the Earth's gravitational field applies to it (9.8 m/s2).

The radius of the Earth is 6,400,000 meters (6,999,125 yards). If you plug all of these values in and solve for M1, you find that the mass of the Earth is 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms (6E+24 kilograms / 1.3E+25 pounds).

1 It is "more proper" to ask about mass rather than weight because weight is a force that requires a gravitational field to determine. You can take a bowling ball and weigh it on the Earth and on the moon. The weight on the moon will be one-sixth that on the Earth, but the amount of mass is the same in both places. To weigh the Earth, we would need to know in which object's gravitational field we want to calculate the weight. The mass of the Earth, on the other hand, is a constant.

Denmark
10-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Loks is my hero ^_^ <3

Shoeberto
10-16-2004, 05:18 PM
You'll get over it. Most everyone does.

kikimm
10-16-2004, 05:38 PM
What kind of responsibilites can you have at 13 that are making you so freaked? The only things I can think of are chores, and some homework. But everybody has to deal with that. I'm happy right no, with only that stuff to do--and you should be too.:)

:D

White Raven
10-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Heh, you think that you have too many responsibilities at age 13? I'm sorry to say princess but as you get older you'll get more and more 'responsibilities'.

I wish that I was 13 again....don't have to worry about debt, school is a breeze, relationships aren't that big of a deal and since I'm living by myself right now, I'd still be living at home with my parents instead of on campus.

It's not going to get any easier, so suck it up, stop complaining and learn to see the positives of all the responsibilites other than how it's putting you down.

ff babe
10-16-2004, 05:48 PM
i guess, but i have like 10pieces of homework a day, for the nxt day that i have to do, + i have to sort out wat stuff i need to take in for my drama production and what ingredients to bye and make for food tech and i need to miss all of my lunch time to start making my spong for food tech so i now it will be cooked in time and responcabilities at home:(

kikimm
10-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's just recently, then. It'll boil down in a coupled ays, or weeks, I'm sure. But if you ever feel too stressed out...maybe you should let go of some of those responsibilities?

:D

Cloud_Strife_X
10-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Sometimes life can be unfair, It just that way. I really don't take much crap, so when i feel overwhelmed I just go off into my own fantasy world. Better known as an MMORPG! sorry, got off topic. Nowadays anything is a responsibility. Even going to sleep.

Baloki
10-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Loks is my hero ^_^ <3

I learnt that in Physics A-Level and reproduced it for you <3

Trumpet Thief
10-16-2004, 07:33 PM
chaos: Just try to get ahead on education first. Whatever exams/assignemnts are given should be your first priority. After that, you'll have to balance work with free time.

Rubedo: It isn't easy at all, no one ever said it was, although, it gets way harder when you grow up. At least you have more of a large idea of what to do in school when you are a kid, but when you grow up, you're on your own.

theundeadhero
10-16-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm responsible for myself and than 3 other people at all times. That really sucks. They're not kids either, they're between 18-24 and I'm only 21. If they do something wrong or don't get important imformation it's all my fault for thier mistakes.

Dark Matter
10-16-2004, 08:51 PM
I've English, Maths, Economics tests from Monday to Friday. Game over!! :sweatdrop
Study hard!!!!! Or you'll regret when the time comes, just like me. :boohoo:

Chaos
10-16-2004, 11:29 PM
I think I slept through being 13. Maybe you should try it. Does wonders for your skin.

Yeah, it gets tougher. But so do you. Tackle the small things and.....there will be lots of big things left to tackle later.

Welcome to the wacky world of hormones my friend.

Chaos

Shlup
10-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh, to be thirteen again... My biggest worry was that I started my period at that age and had to start wearing a bra everyday. *sigh*

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-18-2004, 06:34 AM
You have no responsibilities. Trust me. I don't know you, I don't wish to know you, but believe me. Your responsibilities are small and insignificant compared to those who are in college up.

Go outside and run around. Then sleep in until 12 pm. Then eat five burgers and not worry about running them off before your ass swells up. Then laugh and giggle and act like a kid. And for God's sake enjoy it.

nik0tine
10-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Maybe this isn't the best advice in the world, but when I have to much homework at school I just don't do it. Everything works out fine for me, maybe you should try it.

Shlup
10-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Maybe this isn't the best advice in the world, but when I have to much homework at school I just don't do it. Everything works out fine for me, maybe you should try it.
Yeah, but look how you turned out, with your kraz-ee punx rawker hair.

escobert
10-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah I never did homework in school and look at me :D

nik0tine
10-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, but look how you turned out, with your kraz-ee punx rawker hair.

Well then, I guess if that's not your thing you had better study hard!

Necronopticous
10-18-2004, 04:54 PM
http://www.wtv-zone.com/pwriwr/homeless.gif

Stay in school.

DMKA
10-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Oh, to be thirteen again... My biggest worry was that I started my period at that age and had to start wearing a bra everyday. *sigh*
:exdee:

Oh my, 13 was one of the few points in life I was happy. I liked school, I had friends, and I was in a good home with a great financial situation...my foster parents were awesome, and I was in Norwalk, California, an extremely nice place to live.

I miss 13 now. I wish I would of realized how great life really was back then. Now everything sucks and I hate every waking moment of living in this place. And now I have a million expenses to worry about and have to figure out how to pay for everything. :cry:

Believe me, appreciate that all you have to worry about is homework.

Stimpy141
10-19-2004, 04:22 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHHA.
That picture is scary, necro!

Ffbabe, I am 15 years old, not very far from you. When i was 13 it seemed as if i never had a care in the world, school wasn't important then, and it was very easy. I am not very good in school, I have a problem paying attention :love: , I still managed to pull off a decent year. I don't see what responsibilities you have at that age, except maybe homework and chores at home?

Cloud_Strife_X
10-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm 13 right now and it's not that great. I mean my parents expect too much of me. My sis is in college and she has her problems. When I think about what I'm gonna do in the future (Manga Artist in Japan) I always think that I might not be able to be one. I mean people have to settle sometimes, but I don't wanna give up my dream. And then there's religon. My parents are always telling me to read and stuff. But I never get time to cuz of homework, and then when I do get some free time it's to do something they want. Ah well I just hope life gets better as I grow up.

SomethingBig
10-24-2004, 11:16 PM
If you think life's tough at 13, just you wait until you leave school.
Pfft, just wait 'til you get to high school. You have to study for 4 different tests that are in one week and, if you're lucky, they're all on the same day. Tell your teachers and they won't care. Test is still on that day. You also have research papers for English and History, which are at least 5 pages each, usually. High school science = lab every week = lab report every week. Then you have midterms and finals. When the teachers in junior high say that they're preparing you for high school, they mean it. Freshman year will probably be a breeze, but once you get to your sophomore year, you'll start to think differently.

My advice? If you have a lot of homework, break it up. Do a portion, then have a break. Do another portion, then have yourself another break. Homework serves as a supplement to that day's lesson and your brain can't process and put into long-term memory the stuff you're doing on your homework if you're all stressed out. You must, and I cannot emphasize this enough, keep doing your homework. Teachers won't take the "I had too much homework" excuse and they'll flat out give you a 0. If you keep doing your homework, you will get used to the work and it'll make high school easier for you. Slack off now, then don't expect high school to be pleasant at all. Same thing for college.

escobert
10-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Well just mulitiply that by 2 or 3 and you have college.

ZeZipster
10-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Real life is overrated I stress out about stuff in MMORPGs.

theundeadhero
10-25-2004, 02:58 AM
I don't recommend breaking your homework up because then you have it looming over you the whole time your on break and you can't really enjoy it. "School is preparing you for the real world, they both suck!"

Cloud_Strife_X
10-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Another thing. I hate the grading system. I mean they're pretty much putting a label on you."Duh I dun b smrt s n F" (never got one though). People are going to be good at some things and bad at others. Give me a test on FF I'll get a 250/100. Give me a algebra test I'll get a -250/100. they should be able to find a better way to educate people."Oh yeah, I'm going to use 23x-43z*23=2 when I become an artist." "Yeah I'm going to need the perodic table when I work at McDonalds, Hmmm, Big Mac(28.654).can't wait till I get outta school and college.

SomethingBig
10-26-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't recommend breaking your homework up because then you have it looming over you the whole time your on break and you can't really enjoy it. "School is preparing you for the real world, they both suck!"
I only suggest it if a huge amount of homework needs to be done. Stress won't help at all with homework, while when you're on your break, you get to at least rest and relax your brain.

Cloud_Strife_X
10-27-2004, 12:44 AM
I sometimes have problems with finishing my homework. I've yet to see a way for me to finish faster.