PDA

View Full Version : yuffie and wind attack

illusiionary
10-18-2004, 02:29 AM
1. where do you find yuffie?

2. a lot of monsters are weak against wind.. what's a wind materia or attack or something?

TheAbominatrix
10-18-2004, 02:34 AM
You can find Yuffie in any forest. Just keep running around until you find her. It'll be in a battle situation.

Flashback007
10-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Yep, you need to answer the question good to get hold of her, I am sure someone else can give you the right answers. Only thing I remember is that you must not give her a name, don't ask a name from her. Also don't save. If you answer a question wrong or you try to save, she will steal money from you.

There isn't a materia for Wind-magic only. But in Mideel you can get it from the Chocobo nearby the doctor. Give him the right Greens (forgot the name again, but I am sure someone knows it) then scratch him behind the ear. The choco will give you contain materia. This has Freeze, Break, Tornado and Flare. So it isn't all Wind, but it's a very cool materia.

Big D
10-18-2004, 12:10 PM
a lot of monsters are weak against wind.. what's a wind materia or attack or something?The Choco/Mog summon spell is a Wind-based attack, so is Typhoon. And Tornado, as the observant SephirothNL has pointed out.

As for Yuffie... she turns up, as TheAbominatrix has said, in any forest. Of course, this excludes the forest around Bone Village and around the Northern Crater, since there are no random encounters there. You can actually get Yuffie before you board the cargo ship in Junon. If you don't know the trick, it's quite a challenge - she's a good fighter, but also a really fickle, snobby girl when she's upset. She runs away if you answer any of her questions the wrong way, then you have to find her all over again... but once you pique her curiosity, she'll join the party...

DJZen
10-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Isn't there a monster skill that's wind based?

Big D
10-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Isn't there a monster skill that's wind based?
Nope... there's White Wind, but that's a restorative spell.

Maesterdaywalker
11-11-2004, 04:33 AM
If you want a wind elemental materia, you have Choco/Mog materia found at the chocobo farm. Also, you can use Typhoon materia. Both are summuns but, the type of attack is wind!

Rostum
11-11-2004, 06:30 AM
I've noticed in FFVII that you don't really need to focus on elemental strategies to be succesfull. You can still pumel the crap out of everything without thinking what the enemy is weak against - of course unless it's fully immune to something.

One winged angel of death
11-11-2004, 12:34 PM
you can find yuffie in every forest almost...and she if you equipt her well can cause serious damage...

Rostum
11-11-2004, 01:02 PM
you can find yuffie in every forest almost...and she if you equipt her well can cause serious damage...

So can every other character. -_-' Except Cait Sith because he sucks. xD

11-12-2004, 12:23 AM
2 true...

HunterFlamebrow
11-12-2004, 03:14 AM
I'm pretty sure Yuffie appears in some forests more often than others . . . at least that's what I've heard from several FAQ's. I always use the small kidney-shaped forest in the area around Condor Mountain, because you can get free healing at the fort.

11-12-2004, 02:15 PM
you should get her early before going to junon. but if ya don't it won't effect the game. it's just...you can get her up to higher lvls than when you just get her out of the forest.

Halenite
11-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Also when you talk to her and answer her questions NEVER enter the menu screen, she'll run away from you and I'm pretty sure she steals some gil also.

Cleric
11-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Yes, like sephiroth said, definately pick Yuffie up before going to Junon. She should be in the forest in Junon Area. In regards to actually gettinh her heres a tip: never use the little save point that is in the screen where you talk to her, because if you do she will run away and steal from you too.

There are other wind attacks as wellthe first i can think of is the Typoon Materia found in Ancient Forest, and also there is the Tornado spell found by getting the contain materia. to get this you must feed mimmet greens to the white chocobo in mideel
woo....i'm done.

11-12-2004, 11:58 PM
that's just best. actually she'll really help with the boss later on!