PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok´s code

Future Esthar
10-18-2004, 02:36 AM
When you are on the Ragnarok in space you have to enter a code to achieve atmospheric reentry.
The code is:
WJHEIIE/(a number)/HDIEU

Now if you change H to M,I to L and U to V you get:

WJMELLE/(a number)/MDLEV.
I did the same operations to all the same letters.

If you take out the W we have an interesting phrase.
Do you see it?
I think the number is 2872 but have no sure

disapointedchild
10-18-2004, 03:39 AM
wow,
so whats your point,
you are looking to far into this game,
why not get some sun,
its good for you.

TheAbominatrix
10-18-2004, 04:00 AM
What's the basis of changing those letters? There's no reason to change them.

abrojtm
10-18-2004, 04:33 AM
...eh?

Queen Anthai
10-18-2004, 05:06 AM
I'll see your "eh?" and raise you a "...th' f@#$ is this guy smoking?"

Doomgaze
10-18-2004, 05:19 AM
Whoa, check this out.

S. Leonhart

But. If you change the S to a U, and the E to a T, and the O to an I, and the N to a M (they're like right next to each other), and the H to an E, and the A to a C, and the R to an I, and the T to an A, and get rid of the period, you get...

ULTIMECIA. OMG. S=U

TheAbominatrix
10-18-2004, 05:24 AM
Whoa, check this out.

S. Leonhart

But. If you change the S to a U, and the E to a T, and the O to an I, and the N to a M (they're like right next to each other), and the H to an E, and the A to a C, and the R to an I, and the T to an A, and get rid of the period, you get...

ULTIMECIA. OMG. S=U

OMG! A winner is you!

Renzokuken_RedDragon
10-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Did I miss something? I don't remember that code being in there... was it not in the European version?

Rinoa_Galatea
10-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah... it seems that:
1. Or I've been smokin' a lot of peyote that I don't remember that code
2. Or I've missed that XDDDDDD

(Anyway I don't remember any code in the Ragnarok :P)

ShivaBlizzard8
10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
I think he means it stands for "Junction Machine Ellone" and what looks like "Med Level Up" but I still think its crap. You can't go randomly changing around letters until you get something that looks like it could be sensical and take it to be the truth. Cryptologists don't work that way. There is always a matrix which cracks the code - its not a random operation, as this appears to be.

I certainly don't see it as proof of his completely unsupported claim that Ellone is an android.

Future Esthar
10-19-2004, 02:46 AM
Yes,but i didn´t changed the letters at random.
In Latin sometimes the letter U appears as V.For example:JULIUS=JVLIVS
In capital letters we write i as I.Otherwise L is read as l.
For the H the explanation is a little more farfetched.
We just have to look and see that H is the assimptotic limit of M when the two diagonal lines of the middle tends to be only one horizontal line in the middle of the two vertical lines.
Convinced?No?
Consider the phrase JHEIIE HDIEU
It is less probable to find a sense word changing just a couple of few letters than to find it chamging all.
In the last case we have 26^11 possible combinations of letters and 26 ^11 ways of change it.
So the probability is 1.
In the first case we have (11 6)*26^6 favourable cases ((11 6) represents the 7th coefficient of the the Newton binom (a+b)^11).
And we have 26^11 possible compinations of the 11 letters.
So the probability is (11 6)/26^5 wich is much more little than1.
And if we consider changing the letters to similar ones then the probability is aproximately 1/26^11.
I am sorry if the calculations are wrong.I am not good in interpreting probabilities.
But I am sure the latter case is more favourable
So if the probability to find is so little and I found it then it couldn´t be a mere coincidence.

nik0tine
10-19-2004, 03:52 AM
Umm... How long did it take you to look at that and realize it... Did you sit and look at the code for hours hoping to find something in it, and then you see all this math and how it works?

Necronopticous
10-19-2004, 04:05 AM
I don't believe that this was an intended 'tidbit' but I like you Future Esthar, good food for thought, even if I don't buy it.

Optium
10-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Awesome. I love this thread, haha. To all the people saying that Future
has too much time on his hands, you're replying to a topic in a forum
dedicated to a a game which the majority of you have probably played for
a couple hundred hours total (talking about all FFs). Awesome post, Future,
as Necro said, I don't buy it, but it's still good to see you take the time to
actually think about and come up with an argument for this stuff. Too
much time indeed...what's better, coming up with an equation to find the
probability of a number of letters in a pattern or watching an episode of
Crank Yankers?

.opt

Big D
10-20-2004, 01:56 AM
MDLEV.Hmm. The basement level of Balamb Garden is called the 'MD Level', though we're never told what MD stands for...

Actually, I don't buy any of this, but it's fun to see what happens when you over-analyse. Like Besimudo's devout belief that Squall is actually the villain in FFVIII, and Laguna is infernal because bad things happen to people around him.

Future Esthar
10-20-2004, 02:22 AM
I also like you Necronopticous and everyone on this forum.
I am good on math,however not in the Probability Sector.
The meanings are "Junction Machine Ellone" and "MD Level"
By the way,there is a lot of word play in Final Fantasy VIII.
They help you to unlock mysteries in the game.
Here are some:
Cid-"The Garden is ready to go anytime"
Man in Lunar Gate-"You are there by the time you woke up"
Man in Dollet-"You have a good eye for my craftsmanship (craftsman ship)"
Squall inside the holographic walls of Esthar-"I don´t have time for this,we need to save Rinoa" or something along these lines.
The word "time" appears many many times in the game.
And we have word play with peoples and places names:
VinZer DElINg
DOllEt
cID kramEr
DObE
The inverse of Kramer is Remark = Re+Mark which refers to the kid you save in the confront between the Gardens.
ODEll Burk
Orlan
DINcht
etc

Necronopticous
10-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Future Esthar, have you ever seen the movie American Beauty? You'd love it I think, it's all about looking closer at things. You should buy or rent the DVD (It's worth owning) and watch it without the commentary first and then with the commentary afterward. It's a great film, especially for people like you and I.

Future Esthar
10-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Hey Necro maybe we should start talking with PM?
I don´t ever have DVD so i can´t rent the film.
And yes,FF8 has great graphics and the graphics or events talk by themselves.
I have FF8 since November,1999 and I still play it.

Necronopticous
10-20-2004, 03:37 AM
AIM = MezzoCarrattere, see you around.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-20-2004, 06:37 AM
Ah, Balamb's MD Level - I hadn't thought of that. I still don't think it means anything, though. What could it? JME is located in the MD level with NORG? It hasn't been built yet - that happens in the future.

However, I feel that I should say Future Esthar, that although I don't believe any of your theories, I find them interesting to read and I enjoy debunking them. ;) You've certainly brought a new life to the FF8 boards - its nice to read something more in-depth than "Who's the hottest character?" and crap like that.

Future Esthar
10-22-2004, 02:36 AM
Thanks,thanks.I read all of the theories here and some of them are interesting and I don´t agree with them.
But there is no problem with that.I came to the forums not just to post mines but also to read others I hadn´t thought about.I wanna to discover and to let others discover.
By the way now I will tell you what I think about the code.
Gardens were created by people from Esthar .
So,Either the code was a memory of the greatest creations from estharians (like when you create a keyword that is familiar to you) or...
the number is a date related with JME and the MD level.
Ragnarok is a vehicle like the Garden and it could have a MD level place.
I have a theory about Balamb Garden related with the level.
I think all vehicles that travel to places you can´t reach by foot (Garden vessels,transcontinental trains,Lunar base,the missiles themselves,the Lunar Gate Rockets,Lunatic Pandora,etc...) have a MD level.
A MD level might not be a place but a mechanism of some sort.
It has a so deep meaning that it was hidden and appears like a code on the Ragnarok.
I think I know what it is.
Ultimecia´s castle was also a vehicle of some sort (think about it).
I think she wanna to use it like a SPECIAL vehicle and then constructed a MD level on her Castle.

Big D
10-22-2004, 05:14 AM
The Gardens weren't created by Esthar, they were constructed by the Centra civilisation, a people who were wiped out by the Lunar Cry one hundred years before the events in the game. The ruins, where the GFs Odin and Tonberry reside, are relics of Centra.

However, Esthar was probably founded by refugees from Centra, thus explaining their advanced technology.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Right - the Gardens were also Centran relics, converted into schools by Cid and FH mechanics with financing from NORG. The only people who seem to have a working knowledge of the Garden technology are the people of FH and perhaps the Shumi.

Optium
10-22-2004, 09:05 PM
The Centrans are the Final Fantasy versions of Atlanteans, it seems. And
the Shumi are the Mayans. :p

.opt

lgrowse
10-26-2004, 02:51 PM
I have compleated the game and dont remember any code on the Ragnarok.

Big D
10-26-2004, 11:04 PM
I have compleated the game and dont remember any code on the Ragnarok.When Squall's talking to Esthar's technicians over the radio, they tell him he has to input a code into the computer, to activate the auto-pilot to send Ragnarok back down to the planet. You don't actually have to enter the code yourself; Squall does it automatically.
It's right before the "Eyes on Me" scene, so it's probably an easy detail to overlook.

Itsunari 2000
11-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Who cares ? All that matters is you annihilate all the Propagators on board and get to thecockpit - Squall takes care of matters from there !