PDA

View Full Version : Driver or GTA?

Flashback007
10-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Ok, in my opinion there are two really good driving-action series and those are Driver and GTA (Grand Theft Auto), maybe more I don't know that for sure. But which one is the coolest has the most fun in it.

With Driver it's stealing cars and not much more. But you can easily get lost of the police. (At least in Driver 2), by getting out of the car. Stealing new cars if very fun, cause every car has his own abilities (damage-taking, steering, fastness etc).

Then GTA, there are at this moment 6 GTA games. The original GTA, the expansion pack in London, GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA: Vice City and the new GTA: San Andres. I played the first four games and I am surely going to buy the other two. You can shoot at anything, you can steal cars etc. Also people walking around aren't save for you. You don't work for the police, but for gangs. Result some gangmembers will protect you, while others try to kill you. With the first GTA I already had, something like wow, this is fantastic. I downloaded it from the site, so I buyed the pack with first three games. And it was awsome. GTA 3, wasn't from uptop view but 3D. It's just to good to be true, in mine opnion. So I clearly choose for GTA. But maybe other people think of Driver beter. So let's hear your voice.

Rostum
10-18-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm going to have to say GTA, just a lot more fun.

Big D
10-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Driver, all the way. The aim of the game is to infiltrate and bust criminal rings, protecting the public. It's a noble duty and no-one innocent ever gets hurt, even in the outrageous crashes. So bascially, it's good, clean fun with a strong moral side - even though it doesn't take itself too seriously. You get to go nuts in a classy setting, doing crazy stuff without ever being totally 'in the wrong'. Far better than being rewarded for role-playing a mass-murdering terrorist with no balls.*

* Murdering a defenceless innocent is the ultimate act of cowardice, especially if the motive is merely gratification or theft.

Rostum
10-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Driver, all the way. The aim of the game is to infiltrate and bust criminal rings, protecting the public. It's a noble duty and no-one innocent ever gets hurt, even in the outrageous crashes. So bascially, it's good, clean fun with a strong moral side - even though it doesn't take itself too seriously. You get to go nuts in a classy setting, doing crazy stuff without ever being totally 'in the wrong'. Far better than being rewarded for role-playing a mass-murdering terrorist with no balls.*

* Murdering a defenceless innocent is the ultimate act of cowardice, especially if the motive is merely gratification or theft.

You forgot to vote, but I guess that is just no Big Deal for you, hey?

Cz
10-18-2004, 06:30 PM
While I appreciate that Driver allows the player to roleplay a more heroic character, GTA is just far more fun to play. The original Driver was a fantastic title, but the sequels were somewhat lacking. Plus, the sheer freedom allowed in GTA makes it the better series in my view.

edczxcvbnm
10-18-2004, 07:02 PM
GTA all the way. What game do I play some heroic figure that protects everything? Damn near every game out there. GTA is a change from that where you are suppose to go out and kill the innocent and do all the things you are not suppose to do in real life. Its also more arcade like and unrealistic.

They also give you a better world to move around in. They don't make it big to the point of confusion(True Crime) but they make it small enough so that I can familiarize myself with all the surroundings. Not to mention the life of the city from people always around chatting to the police tactics to bring you down.

Its just a lot more fun.

escobert
10-18-2004, 07:17 PM
I agree that GTA is the better of the two.

Doomgaze
10-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Driver doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as GTA. It sucks.

Dingo Jellybean
10-18-2004, 08:43 PM
A by far.

It's the best videogame series going right now, with exception to Max Payne, and nothing comes close.

I was actually surprised one person picked Driver over GTA, GTA is so much more expansive and interactive. You get to do things some people wish they could do without the law on their ass, so yeah...GTA all the way.

Wuggly Blight
10-18-2004, 08:57 PM
GTA, I hate driver with a passion

Chris
10-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Both of 'em sucks my rain boots...

Psychotic
10-18-2004, 09:28 PM
GTA. I've been a fan of the series ever since the original (Yeah, my dad bought me an 18 rated game when I was 11 or so. Great parenting, huh? :D), but I've only ever played demos of the Driver games, as well as trying it at a friend's house briefly, I hated it every time.

NM
10-18-2004, 09:28 PM
GTA all the way.

And if you want to get into morals. GTA is only different from Driver in the fact your a criminal taking out other criminals. You don't have to kill innocent by-standers if you don't want to. You could even drive around at the appropriate speed, stopping at red lights and looking both ways at junctions.

But where's the fun in that? Games are to get away from the real world and do things you couldn't/wouldn't normally do or be able to do.

TasteyPies
10-19-2004, 12:10 AM

Its a game, yo.

GTA is so much fun, I played driver when I was younger and loved it but GTA has so much more going for it. I'm getting the new one version tommorrow maybe.

Cruonita-Marana
10-19-2004, 01:38 AM
I say gta all the way, everytime i played driver i thought it sucked

and tasteypies, gta:sa has been delayed to the 25th so dont expect to find it tomarrow

Doomgaze
10-19-2004, 06:56 AM
If you so choose, Vice City can be a game about delivering pizza. It's up to you.

Project G
10-19-2004, 10:30 AM
GTA all the way- san andreas-fat people, swimming, bikes yay

Wuggly Blight
10-19-2004, 05:12 PM
what bugs me the most of all in driver they have that annoying clip clop noise when he walks.

TasteyPies
10-19-2004, 10:41 PM
I say gta all the way, everytime i played driver i thought it sucked

and tasteypies, gta:sa has been delayed to the 25th so dont expect to find it tomarrow

My friend just told me....those *******

kikimm
10-20-2004, 01:02 AM
GTA, definitley. There's something strangely addicting about that game. I played it nonstop after my cat died last summer; it helped take my mind of things. *strokes GTA3 box*

:D

The Shoeless Hobo
10-20-2004, 09:15 AM
DRIV3R: It has a hilarious swimming animation.

Armisael
10-20-2004, 08:10 PM
GTA all the way..It's perfect.

Ultima Shadow
10-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Driver gets boring way to fast. GTA!