PDA

View Full Version : Real gunblades

Renzokuken_RedDragon
10-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Okay, here's the deal. I collect swords and I want - no, I need - a gunblade. Does anyone know where I can get a gunblade? Seriously? Or any companies that would make one for me? Cheers.

Ultima Shadow
10-18-2004, 10:24 PM
A real gunblade? Are you kidding? That don't exist... right? And why do you want a gunblade so badly?

Rinoa_Galatea
10-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Here (where I live [Zacatecas Capitol, México]) u can ask for someone in a jewelry that can make u a Gunblade. I had that idea, but a real gunblade (made of silver) costs me almost $17500.00 (Dollars) but they offered me to do it & do a little one 2. I can't spend a lot of money in that! in fact, I have Rinoa's necklace, & I only spend around $1.45 (dollars), & it seems cool. U can ask for someone, there (where u live) must be someone that can make u a gunblade...

Chris
10-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Okay, here's the deal. I collect swords and I want - no, I need - a gunblade. Does anyone know where I can get a gunblade? Seriously? Or any companies that would make one for me? Cheers.

:lol: You're kidding right?

Maybe not :sweatdrop

Big D
10-19-2004, 12:02 AM
For a brief time, there were real-life gunblades. Basically, swords with a gun mechanism built in. They could fire two bullets, and very rapidly went out of use when firearms rose to dominance. I've never actually seen a picture of one, they're that obscure.

Behold the Void
10-19-2004, 12:16 AM
I believe you can get a model of the gunblade somewhere. I know there is one of Cloud's Buster Sword, but if it is being produced it probably isn't an ACTUAL gun/sword, it'd just be stylistic. Kind of like how the Buster Swords I've seen are all scaled way down in size.

Vaprice
10-19-2004, 01:39 AM
I collect swords as well me being in martial arts and having mastered three of them. I ahve all types of swords even at this young age...but I do not believe that you can get a real gunblade, plus it can cost you up to well a lot of money...lol...just play the game! ^^

Big D
10-19-2004, 02:12 AM
I believe you can get a model of the gunblade somewhere. I know there is one of Cloud's Buster Sword, but if it is being produced it probably isn't an ACTUAL gun/sword, it'd just be stylistic. Kind of like how the Buster Swords I've seen are all scaled way down in size.There's a life-size Buster Sword available; however, it's made of aluminium, not steel. A weaker metal, but it reduces the weight by 90%.

I've seen a website advertising a Revolver Gunblade letter-opener, but never a life-sized replica. I had that idea, but a real gunblade (made of silver) costs me almost $17500.00 (Dollars) but they offered me to do it & do a little one 2.Silver is very expensive... the same thing done with steel or aluminium, with a non-functioning gun mechanism, would be quite a lot cheaper.

Xzirox
10-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Im pretty sure that Square sells official Gunblades along with other FFVIII (and other FF´s) items in their shop...

Chris
10-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Im pretty sure that Square sells official Gunblades along with other FFVIII (and other FF´s) items in their shop...

I don't think that Square sells deadly weapons :sweatdrop

ShivaBlizzard8
10-19-2004, 05:02 PM
I think the best you are going to find is a non-functioning replica. These life-size replicas show up on eBay from time to time, made out of either metal or wood. The once currently for sale is wooden, but it looks metalic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13667&item=5928396259&rd=1

DJZen
10-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Did you use the word "real" in tandem with the word "gunblade"? Oh lord......

Okay, here's the rant.....

Squall's gunblade wouldn't work. It has no barrel. The bullet would fire out of the chamber and smack right into the blade, damaging both the weapon and its user. Near as I can figure the darn thing operates on magic, which isn't something we have in this non FF world (or as some people have taken to calling it, "real life").

There ARE historical blades that can fire bullets, but they were flintlock style guns, not revolvers. The average reload time on one of those things is over one minute. I've actually seen them on sale at my local rennaisance fair in dagger form mixed in with the pirate weapons (ARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!). However, you would never be able to get away with using one of these for your Squall costume. I'm guessing that since you put this thread in the FFVIII forum you want one that resembles Squall's.

If you still want one, probably the best place to check is ebay. To my knowledge, Square has never issued an "authentic" gunblade. There have been pendants of Squall's revolver, and other collectable miscellany, but the closest you'll get is a mock up. However, do not expect it to fire. If it DOES fire, STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Necronopticous
10-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Gunblades don't 'shoot' anyway, the bullets in the barrell quickly enhance the blade to increase damage dealt on a swing of it. The only 'fuctional' gun gunblade I know of from Square is the ones in Advent Children.

Rinoa_Galatea
10-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Like I'm almost 15... I'm goin' to ask my parents 'bout a Silver Gunblade jeez I hope I can have one. However a real gunblade is so difficult to get T-T

Necronopticous
10-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Like I'm almost 15... I'm goin' to ask my parents 'bout a Silver Gunblade jeez I hope I can have one. However a real gunblade is so difficult to get T-T

Whaaa????

Rinoa_Galatea
10-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah! they r gonna spend 'bout $17500.00 (Dollars) jeez... hahahhahahaahaahahaha cof cof hahahahhahaha XDDDDD

Big D
10-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Did you use the word "real" in tandem with the word "gunblade"? Oh lord......

Okay, here's the rant.....

Squall's gunblade wouldn't work. It has no barrel. The bullet would fire out of the chamber and smack right into the blade, damaging both the weapon and its user. Near as I can figure the darn thing operates on magic, which isn't something we have in this non FF world (or as some people have taken to calling it, "real life").There is indeed a barrel; it runs down the entire length of the blade, exiting through that notch in the end. Seifer's Hyperion is a little different; the bullet fires from right at the base of the blade, where the pistol is integrated into it.Gunblades don't 'shoot' anyway, the bullets in the barrell quickly enhance the blade to increase damage dealt on a swing of it. They fire real bullets, certainly. A mere chemical explosion would do nothing to increase damage; in the black-and-white screens at the start of the game, you can see the interior of Squall's gunblade case. It's full of real bullets, with solid tips.

...Anyway, that wooden gunblade that ShivaBlizzard8 found on Ebay is a beautiful replica. Also very cheap compared to a silver replica.

Renzokuken_RedDragon
11-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Maybe i shud clarify this a bit:

i live in the uk so having an actual gunblade that fired bullets would be illegal. What im looking for is a full size blunt version with no actual firing gun. and yes i know theyre really impractical, but so was learning to use nunchuks with a blindfold on.

Sess020
11-05-2004, 06:09 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43337&item=2282367059&rd=1

Neddrix
06-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I never really thought much about the gunblade at first. Sure, I thought it was cool, but that was about it. Then about a year ago, my best friend asked if we could make one out of wood. That's where the obsession started. I studied and analyzed the gunblade so much that I am confident I know almost every detail, even ones everyone else has missed on their reproductions of the gunblade. I'll see about posting some pictures of the wood one I have, but it's not quite finished.

The thing is, I worked so hard on it that making another one out of wood again would take too long. No matter how good I got at making one out of wood, the amount of time involved would not be worth it. The asking price would be too high. I know Pikminlink's dad can make an awesome gunblade out of wood, but even that one is a bit inaccurate...and Costly. I was aiming for an asking price of about 200-250 dollars. I still need to see how much it costs to make one gunblade though, so the price is not set in stone.

I've been researching mold and resin making, and I think this will be a good way to get a good number of gunblade replicas out there. I've seen too many poor gunblades out there and that needs to be changed. I mean, come on! One was made out of TIN FOIL! -_-()

Big D
06-12-2005, 12:48 AM
:) Thanks for the input, but this thread is way old and should be allowed to sleep in peace.