PDA

View Full Version : i dont understand FF1

louby_4eva
10-18-2004, 08:58 PM
I just bought final fantasy (the 1st one) today, and have been playing it for a couple of hours and ive got a few questions.
1) Will I ever get a map??

2) All ive done up to now is start lots of lil missions. Find an eye, save a prince, make a castle go right, and I cant figure any of 'em. Am I sposed to do em one at a time??

3) Do I actually have to do these missions??

4) Is there an easy way to get money?? And not die.

5) Is the only way to save it by sleeping??

Thats pretty much all I need 2 know, I htink theres a few other things but I cant remember. Hope some1 can tell help me.......please and thank you.

DJZen
10-19-2004, 03:33 AM
Why can't you people read manuals like you're supposed to?

1) If you're several hours into the game you should have found out how to use the map. It's like the second thing you do. Right after beating up Garland.

2) As opposed to what?

3) Well gee, they probably just told you to do it to, like, DISTRACT you from the main focus of the game.

4) Yes, it's called fighting monsters.

5) Yes. This was covered in the manual.

Flashback007
10-19-2004, 08:39 AM
I just bought final fantasy (the 1st one) today, and have been playing it for a couple of hours and ive got a few questions.
1) Will I ever get a map??

2) All ive done up to now is start lots of lil missions. Find an eye, save a prince, make a castle go right, and I cant figure any of 'em. Am I sposed to do em one at a time??

3) Do I actually have to do these missions??

4) Is there an easy way to get money?? And not die.

5) Is the only way to save it by sleeping??

Thats pretty much all I need 2 know, I htink theres a few other things but I cant remember. Hope some1 can tell help me.......please and thank you.

1. Yep, use the buttons that Doomsday said (If you have the NES-version I don't know)

2. Yes, one at a time, cause if you do one mission it will automaticly solve the other missions or help you on your way to do the missions

3. Yes, again. Especially in the beginning it's important that you do them, cause else you won't get to the "second" (beating fiends etc) of the game.

4. If you have the Origins version on the PSX. Press X and Circle a few times ( I am sure, some wise men here, knows how many times) Complete the puzzle and you recieve money. Another thing you can do to get some good amount of money is indeed the pirates on your ship. But also try to go the the dwarf-cave (east of the Garlands castle). There you have a docking place. Walk to the cave (maybe run away from the monsters), there is good money. If you have enough money try to buy the best equipment and go back to that place to kill Giga Worms and Ogres. This combination doesn't only give you good soms of money, but also loads of expierence.

5. Use a Tent or Cabin. And also again what Doomsday said. TIP: If you find a cave or dungeon or something like that hard. Save everytime you come on a new level by taking the stairs or using a spell.

[SPOILER]EXTRA TIP: As soon as you beated Lich, go and find the airship and then go complete the "Courage Test" given to you by Bahamut. If you have done what I said on point 4 and you do this, the game will be a walk in the park.

Black Mage FF1
10-19-2004, 02:41 PM
For the NES version if you want the map just press B and Select.

DJZen
10-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Or, as the brooms say "TCELES B HSUP".

louby_4eva
10-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Why can't you people read manuals like you're supposed to?

I got the game pre-owned, there was no manual.

DJZen
10-20-2004, 02:51 AM
This is why I hate buying other people's games. They're usually in bad shape, RARELY ever have manuals, and sometimes they even come in rental boxes (I have 2 PS2 games that came in Blockbuster boxes. Yeech).