PDA

View Full Version : The Unexplained! ie Ghosts and stuff.

Psychotic
10-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I figured that as it's Halloween soon (Under two weeks away!) I owed it to all the ghosts and ghouls out there to make them a thread all about the unexplained! Here it is.

Have YOU had any experiences with ghosts or the unexplained, or do you know anyone who has? I shall share three tales of such things with you. In reverse chronological order, no less!

When I was 7 or so, I was walking up the stairs in my house. I looked to the left, into the very room I am in now! When I saw a ghostly hand push over a toy, and I SWEAR the toy moved. Although, I'm not sure if it was just my imagination, however this room can often feel cold. However, I am 99% certain nothing tragic had happened in this room, or indeed this house. My parents were the first owners, and this room was an extension built two years prior to said event.

The second takes place in 1987, just after I had been born. My family were on holiday, or "vacation" as some people from the States which are United may call it. We were staying in some holiday house. Anyway, my parents put my brother (aged 2 at the time) to bed, he had his own room, while as I was a baby I shared with my parents. Anyway, my Dad is certain he turned out the light when he left, as otherwise my brother wouldn't have been able to sleep. At 2 AM or so, they are awoken by him crying, because the light has been turned on! But how? My brother was 2, so he couldn't have reached the light. Hmmmm...

Finally, this happened waaay before I was born, probably in the early 1980's. My mum was in Scotland, also presumably on holiday/vacation in an area which was supposedly haunted by a phantom bagpipe player! As you have probably guessed, she heard bagpipes, and looked for where they were coming from, but despite there being open ground all around, she could not see the source!

So yeah, you can share your ghost stories now. :)

Zifnab
10-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Back in school me and some classmates <i>almost</i> went into an abandoned house which was supposed to be haunted. This guy with a rifle told us we were trespassing, though, so we went home.

Rye
10-18-2004, 09:57 PM
I didn't really have any ghost experiences, except that when in 5th grade, my class was convinced that the upstairs girl's bathroom was haunted. So to prove anyone I'm brave (I am so not xD) I went into the bathroom, and the doors seemed to sorta open and close on their own, and there were a lot of weird sounds. Rumor has it that Bloody Mary also haunted the mirrors in it.

Craig
10-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Well a few years back while I was kinda young I went to bed 1 night, now in my bed i'd be facing out of the room directly at the bathroom door. Anyway I was led there going to sleep as I noticed the door handle moving downwards and the door open up a bit, now usually i'd just pass it off as someone forgot to shut it properly as they left the room but I was the last person in there and this door handle moved all the way down as if it was being forced. So there you have it! My encounter with the unexplained WoOoOoOoOo.

Denmark
10-18-2004, 11:02 PM
I hallucinate a lot, so any possible ghostly sightings would have been a hallucination and I can't remember any. I did have a recurring dream about a vampire, though. ...and a suicidal fat lady, I think. That was a while back, though.

nik0tine
10-18-2004, 11:09 PM
I know of a preist who was at some religious retreat and he saw some phantom of an indian or something. I guess the Indian ghost started choking him or attacking him or something odd. At least, thats what he said. Doesn't seem likely, but he has no reason to lie. So, im really not sure if I believe it or not.

Craig
10-18-2004, 11:13 PM
I hallucinate a lot, so any possible ghostly sightings would have been a hallucination and I can't remember any. I did have a recurring dream about a vampire, though. ...and a suicidal fat lady, I think. That was a while back, though.

I couldn't help but notice your Psychadelic Penguin when you mentioned hallucinating..

I also had a recurring dream when I was quite young about an Uncle Fester type person hiding behind things poking his head out and trying to get me.

DMKA
10-18-2004, 11:38 PM
The house I lived in from when I was three till I was 7 was spooky. Doors would open very slowly, and then slam super hard, and no one was around. Stuff would fall down on its own constantly, and there was this one time my sister's friend Presilla was over, and the lamp started going on and off all crazy like. She had a bunch of barbie dolls, and had them on display stands on a desk. When the light stopped flickering they were all either rearranged, laying off their stands, or knocked on the floor. None of us could of done it cause we were all on the other side of the room.

Lots of other stuff happened too, and I recall there was this one area where my mom had a table sitting where it was always drafty in the livingroom. The wall right there was all beat up and had dents and scratches in it, and it was like that from the time we moved it...they said thats where the landlord's grandmothers' rocking chair sat, and she was a prior resident, who died in that house. Also, my mother has a picture that my dad took of me, here, and my sister sitting on the front porch. In the front there were 2 big windows: one on the right, which was in the livingroom, and one on the left, which was my sister's room. In the livingroom window in the pic you can see someone looking out the window...the foggy image of an old woman...seriously, or we use our imaginations too hard when looking at that pic and the camera just sucked.

Either way though, that house was freaky. :eek:

Shoeberto
10-18-2004, 11:48 PM
DM, that is creepy.

I have no encounters with any of this stuff. Sad, because I'm terribly interested in all of it. None of my friends are, though, so it makes me look like a cook anytime I bring it up.

Trumpet Thief
10-19-2004, 12:05 AM
chaos: I've had two out of body experiences, and a few hallucinations, all of them scarring me for life.

Rubedo: Firstly, one time in the middle of the night, we could see ourselves slightly rising from the bed, but, our body was still laying in bed. I could hear voices VERY loud of random people speaking, but it scared me too much. A song started playing in my head, but I was able to control how loud or quiet it was, and it still creeped me. As soon as I felt a lot of terror I reappered in my body.

Trowa: Another time I woke up in the middle of the night when I was little, and I am not sure if this was a dream or not. Everything was normal, it felt like real life, and the door was wide open. From the shadows I could form someone holding an axe, although they didn't move.

chaos: The second OBE I had gave me enough courage to move around, and I got quite used to it. I looked at a mirror and I could see my body/spirit melting a bit and panicked. I'm not too sure if this was a dream or not, but I am positive that the first one wasn't a dream.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* Our cousin had a few Out of Body experiences as well, except, she was more brave and moved around, although she was much older.

fire_of_avalon
10-19-2004, 01:45 AM
So this one time, I'm in my cousin's house and she was off in her mom's room or summat and I was all alone in the living room. Now, they layout of her house is important to remember, if you've ever been in a trailer you'll know what I mean. Everything is very open, and there aren't any doors seperating the main living areas, like living room, dining area and kitchen. Also, you can see all the bedroom doors/into the bedrooms from this area.

Anyways, I was in the living room and got up to get a drink from the kitchen. When I turned, I was looking straight into my cousin's bedroom, and there was this tall pale man standing there with longish white hair, but I didn't see what he was wearing. We locked eyes for about three or four seconds, then I blinked, ran at the door and slammed it. Then my cousin came running out of her room, and I told her what happened, and we were like Holy Crap and we opened the door but no one was there.

Also, a few months ago I woke up one morning, by myself, with a migraine, so I went to the bathroom to get a cold compress. As I left the bathroom and turned to go back to my room, I heard this incredibly loud growling/roar right by my head. I screamed and ran and locked my door and cowered for a while.

And doors lock themselves in my house. Once I was in our basement and I came back upstairs to get some laundry detergent, and when I went back to go downstairs, the door was closed and locked and I didn't do it.

Logan
10-19-2004, 02:14 AM
One time I watched this TV show called "Haunting in Georgia" or something, and now I believe in ghosts.
But I don't have any stories other than that. :D

FightClubFan#47
10-19-2004, 06:21 AM
One time i was in this house with thirteen ghosts...

I also had a killer videotaped that killed poeple in 7 days after they watched it...

Polaris
10-19-2004, 09:21 AM
OMG Psy got nut! Psy ghost don't exist... u're watching too many Caspers movies! That is all stories, it is impossible!

Rusty
10-19-2004, 09:38 AM
I hallucianted twice once. I was just laying in bed and then I saw this kitchen knife entering my bedroom, woke up half the neighbours screaming. I went to sleep and when I woke up again I saw this revolver coming at me. Might not sound freaky, but it was.

Peegee
10-19-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty pragmatic when it comes to 'supernatural' things, but:

One day in my old house, I woke up with a start. I opened my eyes and surveyed the room (I was on my side), but I couldn't move. My sense of touch felt something touching my leg, moving closer and closer up to my face. I think this entire experience took about five minutes. All attempts to move were impossible, until suddenly I was free and sprang out of bed....

---

Oh, and if you wanted to know what happened to me, I woke up while my brain was still in rest mode, which shut off my motor functions. So I was conscious without having the ability to move my limbs. BTW this is the 'scientific' explanation of people who claim to have incubus experiences :D

Wait is incubus the right word :p

Meat Puppet
10-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Thought I told you guys about my microwave. You mustn't have been listening. Oh me. :'(

o_O
10-19-2004, 10:02 AM
I have no encounters with any of this stuff. Sad, because I'm terribly interested in all of it. None of my friends are, though, so it makes me look like a cook anytime I bring it up.

Misfit
10-19-2004, 12:08 PM
I don't have any weird experiences like that, which makes me a non-believer of the whole "ghost" thing and makes me think that everybody else who thinks about that stuff are weirdos and smell funny.

^_^

Tanwen Strife
10-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Being the scientist that I am I always think there must be some explanation I havn't thought of yet, but I am interested in it. I am interested in all things strange.

We once did an Oujia board once and the cup moved, and you could see none of my friends were moving it consiously. So I don't know. I also feel like someone else is in the house watching me, or following me down my street, but I put that down to my own paranoia and watching too many horror movies.

I don't believe in ghosts as in things you can see and floats around moving things, but more a memory of a person in a certain place. I know that kinda contradicts what I said at the beginning of this post but, eh! what ya gunna do.

Psychotic
10-19-2004, 02:23 PM
OMG Psy got nut! Psy ghost don't exist... u're watching too many Caspers movies! That is all stories, it is impossible!

While I admit Casper is a scary movie, that hasn't influenced me, Divinity. I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts, I'm just scared of them. Yes, I know this makes no sense, but I generally tend to make no sense, so there you go :p

Levian
10-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Well, last week when I had PE, we had to use "pulse watches" while we ran, so they could check our pulse later on. And exactly when I put it on, my first name was displayed on the watch. I was liek omg :freak::freak: But it turned out another guy named the same as me owned that watch.

theundeadhero
10-19-2004, 02:39 PM
One time I watched this TV show called "Haunting in Georgia" or something, and now I believe in ghosts.
But I don't have any stories other than that. :D
Georgia, IS haunted. That's where I live right now, see. Theundeadhero, haunting a Georgia near you!! That's me.

nik0tine
10-19-2004, 03:29 PM
chaos: The second OBE I had gave me enough courage to move around, and I got quite used to it. I looked at a mirror and I could see my body/spirit melting a bit and panicked. I'm not too sure if this was a dream or not, but I am positive that the first one wasn't a dream.

That sounds more like an acid trip than anything.

fire_of_avalon
10-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Wait is incubus the right word Succubus for you, as you're a boy. Succubi are evil female spirits that rape men. Incubi are evil male spirits that rape women.

And I know what you're talking about, waking up before the rest of you does. It happens to be from time to time, especially if I'm worrying over something.

fire_of_avalon
10-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Wait is incubus the right word Succubus for you, as you're a boy. Succubi are evil female spirits that rape men. Incubi are evil male spirits that rape women.

Wuggly Blight
10-19-2004, 04:49 PM
My house was fine but recently alot of wierd things has been happening... My alarmt urning itself off, the dogs sit and stair up at the stairs watching something that isnt there, and my books and paper being thrown off my chair (no they didnt tip)

Armisael
10-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Near my house there is an abandoned house for a very long time..i think for 24-25 years or so..one night-it must have been 2 years ago i think-i was looking outside and i stared at the door of this house-black and green-,which is somehow open..
i'm sure that i saw a white figure moving for one minute or so..same time i was hearing some strage noises too..
from this time i have never looked at that house again..

Dixie
10-20-2004, 12:34 AM
One day I was in second grade and I was outside during school for recess, and I saw this giant white spot tell me to run and when I got to the playground to stop running. I ran to the playground and I looked back and I saw a big bunch of fifth graders running very fast. I almost got ran over by them. I looked where I saw the spot and it wasn't there.

Freaky.