PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Of Kain = Dirge of cerberus

Wilder
10-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Any of you have noticed thata the new VII Dirge Of Cerberus looks very much like the game called Soul Reaver : Legacy Of Kain, The main Hero in the cover is just Vincent´s Twin Brother, same clothes, same attitude , even the screenshots looks like the same gameplay !, what up with this ? :confused:

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-19-2004, 12:33 AM
You've uncovered our secret. Wait right there while we send top Square Agents to your house to collect you for "reconditioning" and disposal.

Wilder
10-19-2004, 12:54 AM
I Know is pretty obvious , but I can´t believe nobody get angry about this, looks like a copy , Somebody please put a picture of Vincent and a picture of this guy from Legacy of Kain, what a shame.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-19-2004, 01:02 AM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/dirgeof1s.pnghttp://ezine.fighting-club.com/IMG/jpg/Raziel.jpg

Oops, look at that. Not even close.

Estes
10-19-2004, 07:16 PM
that is one awesome picture of vincent! :eek:

Big D
10-20-2004, 01:44 AM
Before Raziel was sacrificed in LoK, he looked very slightly like Vincent - pale skin, long dark hair and a brooding look. Probably because he was a vampire. However, he only looks that way in the very beginning of the intro FMV. I've seen that much in the demo.

Most people feel that the overall 'look' of Dirge of Cerberus is very similar to Devil May Cry, though I've never played that one.
Unlike Legacy of Kain, it looks like DoC won't be an over-the-shoulder style game. Third person, certainly, but with semi-fixed camera angles instead of watching everything from directly over Vincent's shoulder.

Anyone else notice that Vincent seems to be standing on the skeleton of a three-headed dog - i.e; Cerberus - in Kishi's picture?

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-20-2004, 05:24 AM
Isn't Cerebrus much bigger?

Big D
10-20-2004, 05:28 AM
In FFVIII, yes. In FFVII, we absolutely cannot say, yet. Maybe that's a Cerberus puppy that Vincent's slaughtered?:p

Not sure how big the mythical Cerberus was. But then, FF's mythical references often depart from the original material a little.

Necronopticous
10-20-2004, 07:23 AM
As for the character design, let's not forget that Final Fantasy VII was before Soul Reaver. As for gameplay, well, the game wasn't even known about a couple of months ago, how can you sit around saying it's a direct copy when you don't even know how the game is going to be? There is very minimal details on the game released so until you can play through and point out what is such a rip off of Legacy of Kain well then... don't point out anything at all.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-21-2004, 05:06 AM
I think the mythical cerebrus was larger, and I could have sworn it was more of a demonic creature than a skeletal creature. I may be wrong though.

Big D
10-21-2004, 05:14 AM
I could have sworn it was more of a demonic creature than a skeletal creature.Dirge = sad song, e.g. funeral lament. Vincent could be standing on the skeleton of a long-dead Cerberus-type creature...

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-21-2004, 05:17 AM
Ah yes, this is true. Always liked Dirges, they tend to sound rather cool by the way.

This would make a lot of sense, but then, we could be being over-intellectual about the whole thing.

Rostum
10-21-2004, 05:19 AM
Dirge = sad song, e.g. funeral lament. Vincent could be standing on the skeleton of a long-dead Cerberus-type creature...

So Cerberus is dead, maybe that signifies hell being let loose? So something tragic must happen?

Necronopticous
10-21-2004, 05:50 AM
maybe that signifies hell being let loose?

Good observation, could be part of the symbolism.

Doomgaze
10-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Raziel's way cooler than Vincent anyway.

nevermind6794
10-22-2004, 07:57 AM
I don't know about being cooler, but he can certainly hold his own.

Maxico
10-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Well you have to remeber that cerburus is a mythilogical creature that can be interperated in any way that the game designers want. I dont think that the greeks left a description or a the size. Just that it was hades dog and that it had 3 heads.

I personaly doubt that cerbures will play a major role in the story. Its probably just there to sound cool and link vincent to the underworld to emphise the whole vampire/demon connection going on there.

Black Roses
10-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Raziel's way cooler than Vincent anyway.
NO!!! :mad2: {no offense}
I think Vincent's so much cooler... :D

DJZen
10-29-2004, 09:12 AM
I personaly doubt that cerbures will play a major role in the story. Its probably just there to sound cool and link vincent to the underworld to emphise the whole vampire/demon connection going on there.

I have a hunch that the title has meaning. Games with odd sounding titles usually DO have a reason for their name, but it's not always immediately apparent. This, like the gameplay, is something that we'll have to take that "wait and see" approach to.

Big D
10-30-2004, 08:32 AM
I have a hunch that the title has meaning. Games with odd sounding titles usually DO have a reason for their name, but it's not always immediately apparent. This, like the gameplay, is something that we'll have to take that "wait and see" approach to.Yeah, aren't the game's main villains called the "DC Group"? I remember seeing that in one of the articles. I figure that the Dirge of Cerberus Group could be some kind of weirdo doomsday cult or something, lamenting Cerberus' imminent, bloody return to the world...

Just random speculation, of course, but that group's name strongly suggests a connection to Cerberus.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Or oldschool rap.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-31-2004, 08:30 AM
Or oldschool rap.

If that happens may god have mercy on the souls of the DC makers.

Black Roses
10-31-2004, 09:20 PM
off subject: but vincent's cape in that picture looks like Spawn's.... :tongue:
oh well i like liked vincent's dark aura is one reason why I think he's SO much cooler! :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-01-2004, 09:35 AM
A "dark aura" isn't exactly a unique trait.