PDA

View Full Version : The BS thread

UltimaLimit
10-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Ever been talking to somebody when they try to convince you of the most outrageous thing? They're bald-faced lying and you know they're lying, but they keep bs-ing you. What's the stupidest/wildest thing someone's ever tried to convince you of?

Here's two lousy examples:

1) My cousin telling me "gullible" isn't in the dictionary. (I almost looked, but caught myself just in time. The pretty girl walking down the street distracted me, dangit!) :greenie:
2) A guy tried to tell me that Linkin Park and Metallica teamed up to do remixes of "Salt Shaker", "Get Low", and "In Da Club". I wasn't sure whether to hit him for insulting my intelligence like that or laugh in his face. :rolleyes2

Logan
10-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Last week I convinced my friend that Gatsby (in The Great Gatsby) died from testicular cancer and that Daisy was part of his underground prostitute ring...and she believed me, and when she finished the book she was mad at me. :D

kikimm
10-19-2004, 01:23 AM
I can't really think of anything completely outrageous off the top of my head...I'll get back to ya on that one.

The only thing I can come up with right now: Today, in English, my friend was pestering me about what my last name was, for whatever reason; I managed to convince her it was Moose.

Yeah...

:D

Giga Guess
10-19-2004, 02:51 AM
One day a CD of mine went missing. The day before my little bro expressed interest in it. I asked him, and he denied any knowledge of it's whereabouts. A few days later, I was putting somethng in his bag, and found it. He said he JUST grabbed it that day. All I could do was just yell "BULLS---!" into the phone.

edczxcvbnm
10-19-2004, 02:55 AM
There was a small wire that was coming out of the ceiling in the back room of work. It was probably from an old fire alarm or something. I convinced someone that it was a small fiber optic camera and that the company was watching us to make sure we don't steal anything.

Fuzakeru
10-19-2004, 02:55 AM
I believed the guliable one. O_o

Yamaneko
10-19-2004, 03:00 AM
I'm going to close this thread because it breaks EoFF thread-policy rules. Sorry.

Peegee
10-19-2004, 03:01 AM
My friend Mike's friend (so it's Mike's friend Mike's friend) hung out with him during his 22nd birthday. My ex roommate lynzi was there, and TJ or whatever his name was kept babbling that he was a producer of talented people, or some equally irrational tripe.

xD

Mo-Nercy
10-19-2004, 03:35 AM
http://www.konsolifin.net/ylli/upload/uutiset/gba/1076557487_Nintendo_BS.jpg

Sacred Phoenix
10-19-2004, 03:48 AM
When i was younger, I LOVED the smashing pumpkins, they were my world, so my cousin told me that Billy Corgan was in the guiness book of world records for world's biggest hands. I believed it for many years, totally convinced it was true. It's not.

fire_of_avalon
10-19-2004, 04:39 AM
So last semester I was in my friend Alli's dorm room, and I don't remember why, but I was looking up for some reason and someone had seriously written the word gullible on the ceiling. It was hilarious.

DMKA
10-19-2004, 05:01 AM
Someone tried to convince me that Bush isn't an idiot.

Jack
10-19-2004, 02:11 PM
"It's not you...It's me..."

"I won't tell you again..."

When i was younger, I LOVED the smashing pumpkins, they were my world,

They still are for me. I love them.

Psychotic
10-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Someone tried to convince me that Bush isn't an idiot.
Bushy isn't an idiot. He's a complete idiot. Convinced? :p

Baloki
10-19-2004, 02:37 PM
I convinced everyone I was site staff and then everyone realised and made me one as punishment :(

DMKA
10-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Bushy isn't an idiot. He's a complete idiot. Convinced? :p
Yes! :eek:

nik0tine
10-19-2004, 03:50 PM
I convinced everyone I was site staff and then everyone realised and made me one as punishment :(

No, I heard your just a sell out.

Baloki
10-19-2004, 05:05 PM
No, I heard your just a sell out.

Don't make me ban you :P

Wait I can't xD I just help make the front page :P

Old Manus
10-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I thought this thread was called the BO thread.

Skogs
10-19-2004, 09:53 PM
We convinced one of my friends that there is a species of sheep that live in the jungle. Then we told her about penguins that live in the forest, and she wouldn't believe us, but those actually exist.

Really. ;)

Shoeberto
10-19-2004, 11:22 PM
I convinced someone once that Einstein had down syndrome.

escobert
10-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Yeah my roommate lies about everything. He lied to his mom the other day about playing for he building softball team.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Ok so some of my cousins came over to eat at our place...the menu...chicken....so we were on the table look over and my cousin was eating it...looked like he liked it so i was like....hey....do u know that your eating the sexual organs from a female chicken? (when in reality it was a wing)....you should have seen his face....poor bugger...he wouldnt eat chicken at my house though....he was 13 so it was abit easy to fool him...

Polaris
10-20-2004, 09:15 AM
"We'll be always together" and "I will always love you" and I believed... I'm such an idiot!

Levian
10-20-2004, 02:17 PM
"I did not have a sexual relationship with that woman"

Tanwen Strife
10-20-2004, 07:13 PM
When I was in Year 5 (about 9) I managed to convince a girl in my class I was a mermaid, and that whenever I got submerged in water I sprouted a tail. She seemed to forget that the summer before we had both had swimming lessons together, where I was submerged in water and did not sprout a tail.

Craig
10-20-2004, 07:37 PM
A while before the first Res Evil movie came out a mate of mine tried to convince me that the first version of the film had been scrapped because they used real life cannibals as the zombies who managed to eat all the actors and behind the scenes people.