PDA

View Full Version : FF IV, I'm coming home.

theundeadhero
10-19-2004, 10:36 PM
I just want to say again how much I love this game. I'm playing through it again right now for the 1st time in 3 years. 4-5 if you want to count this being the snes version instead of the playstation version. It's just so simple and so entertaining to play. The originals have something the remakes just don't. Sure you could say the playstation version has better graphics. It's harder. It's how the game was meant to be. But you people just don't understand. The ones who prefer the snes version do. *fun fun fun* over *graphics wowwie owwie*

DJZen
10-20-2004, 02:46 AM
Ummmm.... The remake had essentially the same graphics, so I'm not sure what you're on about with that last bit there...... In fact, it wasn't even much of a remake. They just used the original game, gave it a newer translation, and put some FMVs at the beginning and end.

Big D
10-21-2004, 05:25 AM
The PlayStation re-release is actually the harder game... it's the FFIV 'Hardtype', with the original strengths and weaknesses from the Japanese version, rather than the toned-down 'Easytype' that was first released in the US as 'Final Fantasy II'.

And DJzen is, as usual, right - the PS re-release has nothing new except the two brief, sub-FFVII standard FMV sequences. Well, there's the Developer's Room and the memory card features, of course, but that's it.

DJZen
10-21-2004, 06:46 AM
The developer's room is only new to America, it was in the Japanese FFIV.

theundeadhero
10-21-2004, 11:15 PM
The color was improved, the game is harder, the dialog was changed, the dummy items were added, things were renamed, there's a lot of difference. The point was the snes version was a simple easy-going time while the PS turned it into more of a challenging time. It lost some fun in the remake is what I was saying.

Big D
10-21-2004, 11:38 PM
..the game is harder...The game's been restored to its original difficulty, yes. The SNES version released in the US was a seriously dumbed-down version of the Japanese game. The PS re-release is just back to what it's meant to be:)

theundeadhero
10-22-2004, 01:43 AM
Your still missing the point that I think the snes version is funner. I know it was restored to originality.

Del Murder
10-23-2004, 06:03 PM
I like all the crazy items in the PS version.