PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone, I've got a really cool idea

Big D
10-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Let's find out absolutely everything we can about Advent Children!

Every character and their back-story, every plot twist, absolutely everything that's going to happen to everyone in the film. We can discuss and debate and contemplate it all for months, so when AC finally comes out, we'll know every single thing that is going to happen.

Sure, there won't be any surprises, or even any interesting developments in the movie because we know it all already, but who cares? At least we'll be able to blame Square for making a boring, predictable DVD.

...I mean, seriously. It seems that people don't want to be able to enjoy this movie when it comes out. There's a feverishly intense desire to learn and investigate every little tidbit that comes out. Suppose you didn't know that Aeris and Zack were going to be in the film. Suppose you didn't know who the main villains were going to be, and didn't have any idea about the 'wheelchair guy'...
At the rate things are going, there'll be nothing left to look forward to in this film. A leaked script is bound to show up soon, and practically every frame of film will have been released in screenshots.

I stopped reading 'latest AC news' threads a long time ago, but there's already been plenty of damage done.

Yameki
10-20-2004, 11:13 PM
huh...it only because it is that this forum is supposed to do...take the most informations for FF7AC and help..question...and idea of the movie....so I don't see why you want to do that..so it isn't at this a really good idea...

TasteyPies
10-20-2004, 11:30 PM
No, thats a horrible idea. I don't like you.

Yay! WOOT! Lets do it! :love:

Chris
10-20-2004, 11:48 PM
No, thats a horrible idea. I don't like you.

Yay! WOOT! Lets do it! :love:

BAN HIM :D

Yameki
10-21-2004, 01:05 AM
I don't really understand by what you want to get the more info of FF7AC.....can someone explain me....

Big D
10-21-2004, 01:59 AM
I can fully understand why people want to know the basic details of Advent Children's plot - who the lead characters are, the names of the antagonists, the details of the new crisis. But when people start to pre-emptively dissect the entire plot, and try to find out every detail - including all the secrets and surprises - then it kind of defeats the purpose of watching the movie at all.

"Hey, I hear there's a book coming out soon - it's called The Lord of the Rings, and it's about some dudes who have to destroy a magic ring in order to save the world.

So, who's going to destroy the ring, and who'll die and who'll get married in the end? WE NEED TO KNOW NOW!"This kind of thinking is what's going to ruin Advent Children.

*By the way - the first two paragraphs of the first post in this thread are pure sarcasm.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-21-2004, 05:09 AM
I only read the "Cloud dies" thread because I find it amusing when dreams are used as factual basis. And this one because it caught my attention.

Am I becoming addicted? :eek:

BackRoomKid
10-21-2004, 07:52 AM
I agree with BigD....from now on...I think I'll stay away from this WHOLE forum...lol

But seriously...I've kinda done the same thing...not looking for TOO much AC news...that way I'll appreciate it and not expect a whole lot...

Flashback007
10-21-2004, 08:33 AM
I only read the "Cloud dies" thread because I find it amusing when dreams are used as factual basis. And this one because it caught my attention.

I ain't looking futher and certainly not when some Americans here come and say oh, look this and this happened in AC, oh and this to and he died and she died, and he was victorious. I really hate that, I just want to be suprised. Kill this forum...........euhm...........that was overreacting. Anyways I don't want to hear anything about the movie, or at least not was in the movie, or at least no SPOILERS. Do you get me?? Well if you don't that is a pity for you or you can ask for explantion then I will explained it.

DJZen
10-21-2004, 02:41 PM
ZACK AND AERIS ARE IN IT?!?!?!?!

Oh thanks for marking your spoilers d00d........

Tanwen Strife
10-21-2004, 11:37 PM
:: stands up and takes a deep breath::

My name is Tanwen, and I have a problem. Whenever one of the spoiler threads starts I can't help looking at it. I realise it will spoil the stories, hence the name, and I would enjoy it more if I didn't, but I can't help it. I have tried to stop it, I carry on trying, but I never seem to succede. I am a spoiler and theory addict.

:: sits down hanging head in shame::

Shoeberto
10-21-2004, 11:54 PM
I stopped reading 'latest AC news' threads a long time ago, but there's already been plenty of damage done.
Yeah. I was tempted to read the 20 minute preview articles, but couldn't let myself.

btw: AERIS DIES

eternalshiva
10-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Aww crappers! You totally ruined for me ! I mean, the game has been out for what? 5-10 years? HOW DARE YOU! I didn't know she DIED! omfg!

Wilder
10-23-2004, 04:21 AM
Fot those who know very deeply the plot of VII that would be a very boring idea , for those who want to know what is going to happen in the movie is better to read some articles written by people that already saw the showed part of the movie ( I didnŽt, Lot of spoilers) , If you wanna guess alright, I think the only think I would do that ( and I did some time ago) was to enjoy by myself that amazing history, IŽll wait to see the movie.

Anri
10-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Hmm. I just found out after registering on this site there was going to be a movie made on Final Fantasy VII, I'm looking around, and then all of the sudden I see people getting annoyed at other people for trying to find out more about it...

I've always loved discussing theories and plots on upcoming books and movies and it's something that I find enhances what I experience when I finally get to read the book and or watch the movie. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming movie, especially since I didn't even know there was one being made a few hours ago and now I know enough about it to see that it has potential to be spectacular. When I hear "Final Fantasy Movie" I cringe and think "The Sprits Within" and thus I fear the worst. Now I can safely see it's not going to be like that. I don't see anything wrong with investigating. Interesting opinions here...

Oh, and so far what I've read in discussion and theory on this topic is speculation only. Therefore all of these theories and blind guesses on what happens are interesting but will not ruin the movie as we have no way of knowing what actually happens as of yet. I see no harm being done personally.

Yameki
10-27-2004, 09:35 PM
I ain't looking futher and certainly not when some Americans here come and say oh, look this and this happened in AC, oh and this to and he died and she died, and he was victorious. I really hate that, I just want to be suprised. Kill this forum...........euhm...........that was overreacting. Anyways I don't want to hear anything about the movie, or at least not was in the movie, or at least no SPOILERS. Do you get me?? Well if you don't that is a pity for you or you can ask for explantion then I will explained it.

First thing mr sephirothNL i'm not a f0cking american guy(no offence they are great ppl in US), secondo I never said it was a reference for evrybody, only making me thinking of it. Like it is that who make me the idea that maybe it could happen, that why I begin to search. And a lot of time, my dreams are true.

So then lemme alone with this we can't know it from now. We will all know in FF7AC.

One winged angel of death
10-30-2004, 05:10 AM
i also have a cool idea! let's see if we can get Squarenix to create an ff7 game where sephiroth is the main character! how dose that sound? i mean you'd have to play him from his early years and get him to his title on ff7 "The great Sephiroth" and get him through the war and travel back and forth through wutai and shinra H.Q. so u like it?

Dking'squeen
11-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Well, I know people who saw it and saw the ninety minute trailer for it....ninety minutes? How long is the movie? Well, I like the idea just in case I get some things wrong. Plus, what if the movie comes out and everyone's completely confused because they didn't discuss it with us....I think that made sense,

Super Christ
11-17-2004, 10:18 PM
That's why I've stayed away from all the news about it, and only gotten some screen grabs. Pretty much the sum of everything I know about it is: It takes place 2 years after FF7. It has Cloud, Cid, Red XIII, Tifa, Barret, Vincent, and Yuffie in it. And Aeris' rack.

Dking'squeen
11-17-2004, 10:21 PM
well, unlike you, super christ, I know almost the entire story line, which is somewhat a good thing and a bad trhing .aren't you curious? :confused:

Rostum
11-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Wasn't it only a 25-minute preview? I don't think they have even made the movie 90-minutes long anyways.

Dking'squeen
11-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I think that it was longer than that. The one I saw anyways. I knew it wasn't 90 minutes, b'cause that wouldn't be a trailer. That'd be a movie and some previews, but I think that it's longer than 25, maybe 25.76 secs or something