PDA

View Full Version : Now *I* have a large pizza to myself. Wanna visit?

Peegee
10-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Random plug: Anybody from EoFF who visits me gets free pizza

Anyway, now I'm enjoying an entire pizza by myself. Bought it from the supermarket and all. Yay for me. But now for the topic: do you think it's desparate to say something along the lines of 'anybody can visit me', or is it just being too friendly, or is it just friendly? I've only met Bonnie from the forums, and while it's no big deal (ie: I'll end up meeting californian EoFFers when Shlupquack gets married), it is nice to meet people and extend the friendship beyond just chatting and um...group webcam orgies?

Yesh...o_O I've been jokingly asking Leeza to organise a bbq since I'm not allowed in the states until I get my citizenship and passport updated (eta next year). I know a lot of you have met each other and don't consider it a big deal, but in the nearly 9 years I've been online I've met only one person. So to me the online world is distinctly different -- I can cut ties and be as much of an ass as I want, as there's pretty much no consequences aside from 'oops you've been blocked bai'.

And I've ranted too much. Who wants free pizza?

Shoeberto
10-21-2004, 02:03 AM
I'd really like some. But you know the whole underage thing and international affairs and such.

Never met anyone online, likely won't due to the relatively large age difference between myself and any people online I'd like to meet.

FightClubFan#47
10-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Honestly, i DONT want to meet anyone... No offense... I just Dont want to... No reason...

Logan
10-21-2004, 02:49 AM
I've met two people from online, Greg and Liz, and my other friend Sarah showed up at my house and left me a note, but I was coming back from Liz's in Chicago...so we missed visiting. :(

But yeah, PG, I'd visit you but you're insane :D

Oh, and I need to meet my friends in London when I go there next summer. yay europe trip!

Daryl
10-21-2004, 03:36 AM
I don't think that's too desperate.

I always like to meet people from the fora. A few years back I tried to put together a Midwest Meeting (well, North-Midwest) which while I don't call a failure, had low attendance (consisted of Del Snizz, Asorie and myself). I should really try to put another one of these together now that I am back in the area and such.

Meeting people from online is cool. So long as they aren't crazy rapist axe-murderers.

fire_of_avalon
10-21-2004, 03:39 AM
Now *I* have a large pizza to myself. Wanna visit? Yep.

Fuzakeru
10-21-2004, 04:44 AM
I don't live to far from ya' PG. Myles and you should totally meet up. :) I can come too, I suppose but I think you'd want to have some alone time with him. >_> Then you can meet 2 people from online!

I'm actually going to meet my friend Erin ( she's meh kittah ) and Kat ( she's my mistress of doom ) and our wonderful friend Sama ( he's so awesome ) very, very soon. I've already meet up with Myles and I'm living with him so . . . there's 4 people for me.

kikimm
10-21-2004, 05:15 AM
I hate pizza. So....no. I will now gracefully decline.

I don't know...meeting people from online is okay, as long as you know they're not psychos...which over half the people here are. Including me, of course. I'd have a problem with meeting people way older than me though. It'd be a little weird. The "online world" is so much different from the real one. Who knows if you'll get along the same way?

I don't know...I don't have any real strong opinions on it. As long as you really know the person, and trust them...go for it?

:D

Baloki
10-21-2004, 12:36 PM
I was gonna go meet Psy but then I found out he was secretly increasing train fares so I couldn't go :(

However my flats always open to people knocking on my door and me letting them in if their not carrying an axe (or if male/look-menicing carrying condoms, because that just screams rape to me :P ).

Oh well, I live in Preston so I'll never meet anyone here :(

Craig
10-21-2004, 12:42 PM
I've only ever met 3 online people but they lived in the same town as me so it wasn't such a big deal to meet them.

Psychotic
10-21-2004, 07:50 PM
I was gonna go meet Psy but then I found out he was secretly increasing train fares so I couldn't go :(

I'm also responsible for train drivers not being friendly, for the record.

Anyyyyyyyone at all in the UK or heck, the WORLD who can make it to the middle of England is more than welcome to hang with me. And by hang, I mean have sex. :love:

Denmark
10-21-2004, 08:37 PM
PSY I AM COMING TO ENGLAND when I get money which will be never so :( :love:

and PG, I'd visit you, but Canada = SARS. so, y'know. but if I get SARS, I'll visit you and we can eat pizza. :)

Cz
10-21-2004, 09:16 PM
I'd meet people, but I am a young boy and you are all obviously fifty year-old perverts posing as my friends. You're not getting your hands on me. :D

Seriously though, I would like to be able to meet some of you, but I can't really travel particularly far at the moment, and I'm really no good at organising things. Maybe at a later date us Brits can arrange a meeting, eh? :)

Logan
10-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Anyyyyyyyone at all in the UK or heck, the WORLD who can make it to the middle of England is more than welcome to hang with me. And by hang, I mean have sex. :love:
*cancels trip to England* :(