PDA

View Full Version : FF9 boss

Dianom
10-21-2004, 02:06 PM
What exactly did the FF9 boss have to do with the game exactly?

Chris
10-21-2004, 02:21 PM

What boss are you talking about?

There's lots of 'em!

Dianom
10-21-2004, 02:25 PM

There's lots of 'em!

The final boss u know the stupid big blue thing

Ultima Shadow
10-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Necron. He was summoned to destroy the world when Kuja destroyed some crystal... if i remember coorectly.

Dianom
10-22-2004, 11:57 AM
That was a crap ending Kuja should've been the final boss it would have fitted the story more.

Mo-Nercy
10-22-2004, 02:46 PM
** SPOILERS BELOW **

Had Kuja been the final boss, you would have had to kill him. Otherwise, the game would have ended with no one dying which in turn leaves the player confused and feeling as if something was lacking.

It's crucial to the story that Kuja lives and Zidane returns to try and save him. This is symbolic of their brotherhood and how they can overcome past differences and forget about all the problems of Gaia and Terra and their soon-to-be-lost lives. This makes for an especially good ending because now the player can acknowledge that Zidane didn't just mercilessly kill his brother. More than a brother, actually, the only other being on Gaia that's even remotely like him.

Necron was the guardian of the crystal. And after Kuja had done the dirty to it, he had to destroy the world. More specifically, he was going to end all the suffering and pain by just disposing of the universe (I might be getting mixed up with Seymour from FFX, but I'm pretty sure that both villians had this idea in mind)

The bastard was trying to reformat Gaia. xD

Necronopticous
10-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Hmm, I think mo-nercy is basically correct. I have a peeve against Necron too, he was sort of an anticlimactic boss.

Ultima Shadow
10-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I guess I'm the only one who actually liked Necron? :D

Necronopticous
10-22-2004, 09:04 PM
No, I liked him. I just didn't love him like I loved the other last bosses.

Ultima Shadow
10-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Well... I loved Necron alot more than the final boss in FFX2. And maybe also more the final boss in FFX...

Black Roses
10-23-2004, 04:00 PM
well ultima...yer not alone...[final bosses]
i too liked necron
and Ultimecia
and Safer-Sephiroth
and Kefka
and.... :tongue:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-24-2004, 01:44 PM
When all of existence was born from the Crystal, so was Necron. It was his job to sit on the sidelines of the universe and watch existence play out until he perceived a signal that all of creation, however subconsciously, wanted to stop existing. Kuja's desperate actions near the end of the game had Necron thinking, "All right, the universe has had it, then." By fighting Necron, however, Zidane and company convinced him, in a very practical manner, of the contrary. The battle was an extension of their will to live, and their victory, to Necron, meant that the collective subconscious wasn't as inclined towards self-destruction as Kuja was individually. Necron still lives, though, waiting for that signal to flip the great cosmic off-switch and return everything to the zero world.

Dark Matter
10-24-2004, 07:34 PM

There's lots of 'em!
Yeah, there're so many of them!!
Why don't we talk about Hades??
So, who exactly is Hades???
Is Hades merely the legendary Synthesist?? :confused: