PDA

View Full Version : FF 1 Question

Xeonom
10-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Hello
i was Start over with all Final Fantasy`s i have,
but nou 1 am by the first Final Fantasy (Final Fantasy 1)
but ik can`t find elfeiland i have a boot but i can`t find it.

and i look On the wallthrouw from ffClassic but i can`t find it :s

can someone help me ? :rolleyes2

Greetzzz
Xeonom :)

theundeadhero
10-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Sail the Seas South and West from provokia.

DJZen
10-23-2004, 04:32 AM
You'll know that you're in it because everyone in the town looks like Peter Pan.

Flashback007
10-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Do as theundeadhero says, only be carefull, cause you cannot dock your ship at the town itself, you need to walk for a while. And there are enemies that can poison you plus strong ogres. Be well leveled up, also for the next challenge. Plus everything is expensive in Elfland

commodorejohn
10-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Ah, Elfland. The point in the game where you realize that, despite the fact that your guys are the Light Warriors who are destined to save the world, profit margin is STILL the foremost thing on everyone's mind. Nevermind that Garland is (as near as I can figure) hell-bent on destroying spacetime to attain immortality, let's make the Warriors pay 4000 G for a sword! 1500 for CUR2! 4000 for PURE! I swear, with the possible exception of the Ice Cave, Elfland is the longest section of the game timewise simply because of all the battling you need to do to obtain funds. ARGH.

DJZen
10-27-2004, 04:17 AM
commodorejohn, Don't EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER play Dragon Warrior.

Black Mage FF1
10-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Ah, Elfland. The point in the game where you realize that, despite the fact that your guys are the Light Warriors who are destined to save the world, profit margin is STILL the foremost thing on everyone's mind. Nevermind that Garland is (as near as I can figure) hell-bent on destroying spacetime to attain immortality, let's make the Warriors pay 4000 G for a sword! 1500 for CUR2! 4000 for PURE! I swear, with the possible exception of the Ice Cave, Elfland is the longest section of the game timewise simply because of all the battling you need to do to obtain funds. ARGH.

Why must people always go crazy at this point of the game and try to buy everything? I mean really, the only things you should buy is FIRE2, CURE2, a couple of PURE potions and thats about it. No need for a silver sword right away. The Short Sword is good enough.

jamey1
10-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Why must people always go crazy at this point of the game and try to buy everything? I mean really, the only things you should buy is FIRE2, CURE2, a couple of PURE potions and thats about it. No need for a silver sword right away. The Short Sword is good enough.

Why that, if you have a Warrior/Fighter, you should buy the sword there, because it is very powerfull :aimwink: ´
well, if you are a decent level then:p

Black Mage FF1
10-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Why that, if you have a Warrior/Fighter, you should buy the sword there, because it is very powerfull :aimwink: ´
well, if you are a decent level then:p

No you shouldnt. It is a huge waste of time. Yeah it is powerful and all but the short sword is goon enough for that part of the game. Once you are done with the marsh cave you probably will have enough to buy it then. IMO I rather wait then fight for an hour.

theundeadhero
10-28-2004, 12:02 AM
If your only fighting an hour to buy everything you need, your obviously using a game genie.

Black Mage FF1
10-28-2004, 12:57 AM
1. I never use game genie
2. I never said it takes an hour to buy everything.

I was exaggerating when I said it takes an hour to buy THE SILVER SWORD. But it does take a quite some time to buy it. And if you are gonna buy everything their at elfland you are wasting a huge amount of time.

theundeadhero
10-28-2004, 01:54 AM
Do it there and you never have to lvl up for the rest of the game, or fight for gold for that manner. It depends on what you call wasting your time. I always do it.

Remnant
10-28-2004, 04:44 AM
Agreed. Clobbering ogres for fun and profit. I end up making up some small story on why the light warriors are wandering aimlessly instead of trying to stop Garland.

But it is not just the gold. It's the leveling. Well worth it. Not to mention that a short boat ride away and you can pay inn prices from the start of the game.

Besides, you just need to level enough to get to through the game to the giant's hallway.

abrojtm
10-28-2004, 05:20 AM
Fighting at Fingertip using Houses inbetween battles usually gives me enough money to get the good stuff.

Black Mage FF1
10-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Do it there and you never have to lvl up for the rest of the game, or fight for gold for that manner. It depends on what you call wasting your time. I always do it.

Not really, spending 5 straight hours of leveling up is very boring. I rather move on. Besides there is no point in leveling so high in this game. Why waste time getting to lvl 10 or higher when the marsh cave can be easily beaten at lvl 6? Why level to level 18 for the ice cave when it can be easily beaten at lvl 13? If you just move on you will level up just fine from the random encounters. Considering that I usually beat this game at lvl 25 or lower I dont need to spend much time fighting enemies for many hours.

Fighting at Fingertip using Houses inbetween battles usually gives me enough money to get the good stuff.

Yeah but that can also take awhile to get all the money you need. Plus I rarely use that area. I think it is cheap.

commodorejohn
10-28-2004, 09:23 PM
commodorejohn, Don't EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER play Dragon Warrior.
Too late.
Actually, I rather liked the DW games after I, except for one thing: the Godawful interface.