PDA

View Full Version : Finishing touches 2 a better signature

ff babe
10-22-2004, 10:44 PM
i think people will agree that to make a signature properly complete u need to add the finishing touches that gives it the X factor,it takes a lot of time to make it on paint shop pro, and i needed my friends help when i was making it listening to there instructions online, does anyone agree or like to show some signatures that they made or made with there friends help?! :)

Phil
10-22-2004, 11:19 PM
i made all of these- and i'd be more than happy to help you make one you like!

Big D
10-22-2004, 11:20 PM
There are some great signatures at EoFF - some real works of art, with a lot of artistic skill and time involved.

Then there are those who take the simplistic approach - PeeGee's cow collection, for instance, or my basic sig. Originally, I just had the text and hyperlinks; the photo is a recent addition. It's cheap, but effective enough.:)

Peegee
10-22-2004, 11:45 PM
I actually prefer making avatars, but PG has only had....I think one avatar since I joined: the pikachu slapping pikachu gif. I don't have it any more, but here are some of my other sigs...lol

StarlightAngel
10-23-2004, 12:27 AM
I really liked my Flonne one... Void suggested what I should put in as text...

escobert
10-23-2004, 12:31 AM
I used to make ones all the time but now I'm too lazy and I just take a pic and add my nameon it :p. Vincent I really like the first sig.

Mo-Nercy
10-23-2004, 12:45 AM
I can't make sigs look all nice so I usually get someone else to do it.

*hails KB*

Shoeberto
10-23-2004, 01:04 AM
I just doodoodoodoodada.

Aurey
10-23-2004, 01:12 AM
I don't want to show my signatures that I've made. I'm too lazy.

But, uh, I just take pictures and do bunch of weird stuff to them. Like, make them blurry and stuff, then they magically become my signature.

yayyyyyy.

Chris
10-23-2004, 01:16 AM
I really liked my Flonne one... Void suggested what I should put in as text...

Why did you change it?

It looked marvelous!

Rostum
10-23-2004, 01:25 AM
I only spend 5 to 10 minutes on a signiture, I'm just too lazy.

StarlightAngel
10-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Why did you change it?

It looked marvelous!

I didn't change it. It was too big. :( :cry:

Chris
10-23-2004, 01:34 AM
Then why didn't you get it shrinked?

fire_of_avalon
10-23-2004, 01:36 AM
My sig is the best. It features anime and Legos. eternalshiva made it from a crazy picture I found. It's the best.

Denmark
10-23-2004, 01:37 AM
I don't think I've had an original signature picture made by me that was more than just a picture with my user name on it. I had one other one that Psy made (viva la Trio Of Insanity :)), but otherwise it's been just text, or linked text, or linked text plus crazy image. :D

StarlightAngel
10-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Then why didn't you get it shrinked?

In my opinion, shrinking it ruins it, but that's just me. It's like manga writers who don't like their art flopped.

Fuzakeru
10-23-2004, 01:48 AM
I have a thread similar to this on in Art and Writing but I suppose I'll post them again. :)

http://usera.imagecave.com/Fuzakeru/Signatures/Sig5copy.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/Fuzakeru/Signatures/Sig4copy.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/Fuzakeru/Signatures/Sig1copy.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/Fuzakeru/Signatures/Sig.JPG

Then I have the one in my sig that I made and this one is for Myles! :love:
http://usera.imagecave.com/Fuzakeru/Signatures/BanSig.JPG

Skogs
10-23-2004, 01:50 AM
I've had two signatures. Both were text only (and one of them for a while linked to my short-lived, now defunct LJ).

Logan
10-23-2004, 03:03 AM
I realized I'm too picky/lazy for a picture signature, so I'll stick with crappy lyrics and links. :love:

eternalshiva
10-23-2004, 06:41 AM
I like making sigs ^_^ It's my sig day tomorrow. If you want one, just PM me. Or request in the signature thread. :P

lol Fire of Avalon, I liked making yours, Cowboy Beebop in Legos rules.

Strider
10-23-2004, 08:08 AM
All I do is find a picture on the internet, then hack and paste a little bit with MS Paint. Voila, signature!

ff babe
10-23-2004, 08:09 AM
well vincent06 could u be so kind as to make me a better signature with ff babe written on it somewhere, ff7 and ffX pictures in the background, be creative, thanx that would be great, i'm not quit satisfied with the one i have:)

Psychotic
10-23-2004, 04:48 PM
I had one other one that Psy made (viva la Trio Of Insanity :))
Also don't forget the one with penguins on a Danish flag.

I've only ever used 3 sigs that weren't my own, as far as I can remember. One was the BAoTW logo (eternalshiva), one was an oval one with a walrus (Rye) and one was...well....GEE I DUNNO :rolleyes2

I hate making sigs. Or I did, until I got Photoshop. But this is my bestest sig ever and I made it not in Photoshop so whee :D

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/baotw/psychoticsig2.jpg

Slick, no? But I have a nice series of sigs coming up, so look out for 'em. Or maybe I'll bring that one back!

EDIT: Plus I've made sigs for Rye and Triple T! I make sigs on demand. In exchange for lurve :)

Denmark
10-23-2004, 04:52 PM
oh crap I forgot ^_^

I've had so many sigs that they all blend together, and I'll forget some.

Triple T
10-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Plus I've made sigs for Rye and Triple T! I make sigs on demand. In exchange for lurve :)

And I still give you much lurve. :p

Xander
10-24-2004, 05:16 PM
In my opinion, some of the simplest sigs look the best. As long as they have a good quality image with a nice font, that's all you need for a nice looking signature.

Lindy
10-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Images take effort, I have better things to do with my life, text has a more understated style anyway.

Urgh, scanlines. *shot to the heart*

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-24-2004, 08:23 PM
I made my signatuire in five minutes in MSPaint. And I've won two 'Best Signature' awards. I so rule.

Kirobaito
10-24-2004, 08:43 PM
I tried about a billion different signatures before I found one that I could stick with. This one I'm never planning on changing. It's the album cover to Toby Keith's "Unleashed," with my name where Toby Keith's was. It was actually pretty hard switching the names.

I'm very selective with the sigs I make. It's hard for me, still. I don't get how to use a lot of the features on PSP.

ZeZipster
10-24-2004, 08:55 PM
These have all been signatures of mine at one time or another. I've had others, but I can't remember them all.