PDA

View Full Version : New Site, New Forum!

Fate Fatale
10-23-2004, 02:23 AM
I say that scince we've gotten a new EoFF that we should get a new forum skin! many of you herd working will groan, but others will jump to the task! anyway.... basicly.... can we?

From meh to the forum dudes!
-Kyle

escobert
10-23-2004, 02:34 AM
I think they're working on it but don't quote me on that.

Kaos Nishiakari
10-23-2004, 02:37 AM
If they are...: Keep the blue and just do lighter colors. Or do red! *bows*

fire_of_avalon
10-23-2004, 02:41 AM
That's happening. It will be fun times for all.

Trumpet Thief
10-23-2004, 02:47 AM
chaos: Or better yet, change the forum to an "All Gundam, all the time" format :p

Leeza
10-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Read the <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/announcement.php?f=2">announcement</a>. All pages will be with a new style soon, but the old style will still be available.

Yamaneko
10-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Go to Fool's Gold, they already have the forum style matching the site colors. :D

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-23-2004, 06:41 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I totally hate the new style. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Loony BoB
10-23-2004, 09:53 AM
I'll probably be working on it this weekend. And Aaron's one looks like crap so it won't look like that. It might not even use the colours of the frontsite, because the colours might not suit this place. We'll find out soon, though... it might take a while before we find something we're happy with, so yeah.

EDIT: If anyone feels the desire to track my 'progress' they can use the EoFF 2004 [test] style. It can be found in the style menu on the bottom left. However, do NOT send me messages on an IM system regarding the style and how something looks bad or whatever else, and do NOT make threads regarding how it sucks until it is completed (an announcement will probably be made when it is completed). If you IM me about it I'll probably just block you (unless you're an admin) until I'm finished because it'll take me quite some time to get it looking good.

Although I'll be in #eoff and you can talk about it in there.

EDIT:
If they are...: Keep the blue and just do lighter colors. Or do red! *bows*
It'll be using browns and/or oranges to match the frontsite, although probably not the exact colours used on the frontsite (I've tried them - wasn't the greatest).

Erased
10-23-2004, 05:54 PM
I like the blue EOFF better, actually. I tolerate the other on though - IT HAS A CHOCOBO :D :p :) :cool:

TasteyPies
10-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Loony Bob, its too brown. You should tint it orange imo. Like orange links and stuff on the main...yeah...that would be cool.

Thunday Man
10-23-2004, 06:06 PM
One reason i post here is because its dark. Darker the better. DARK DARK DARK!

So easy on the eyes.

Loony BoB
10-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Loony Bob, its too brown. You should tint it orange imo. Like orange links and stuff on the main...yeah...that would be cool.
There will be a lot of changes to what you see right now and there is the possibility they'll be done over a couple of weeks, depending on how much time I have and how easy it is to make the changes we want to make. As for 'too brown' - look at the frontsite. It's brown. :p We're gunning on making the new style look quite a lot like the frontsite, so yeah.

TasteyPies
10-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Another suggestion maybe?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Tasteypies/YourMom1.gif
Orange Chocobos?

Loony BoB
10-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Yellow, if you can. :)

TasteyPies
10-23-2004, 08:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Tasteypies/YourMom7.gif
There you go

fire_of_avalon
10-23-2004, 10:07 PM
I LIKE THE ORANGE ONE.

Also, I want to say for people to dedicate so much time to this is awesome. I love you.

TasteyPies
10-23-2004, 10:13 PM
I LIKE THE ORANGE ONE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Tasteypies/YourMom1.gif
Me too :cry:

Denmark
10-23-2004, 10:21 PM
I never look at the frontsite yay go me?

And this is one of the few times I'm anti-change, but I can't do much of anything about it, so :\ I'll see how the new one looks and if I hate it I will use the old one. :D

Yamaneko
10-23-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm back on Chocolate Island!

TasteyPies
10-23-2004, 11:04 PM
And this is one of the few times I'm anti-change, but I can't do much of anything about it, so :\ I'll see how the new one looks and if I hate it I will use the old one. :D

I was hesitant at first but now I like the new one better.

Fate Fatale
10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Yay! another ofmy threads have beeninvaded! Blasted broken spacebar! anyways my thoughts...... Welll I haveent looked at the test... but it would be cool if it couldbe a darkblue/darkpurple color with maybeh a dark seafoam green? eh? has posibilities!

Loony BoB
10-25-2004, 12:25 AM
It'll definitely be browns, so unfortunately there won't be user input on this style - we're aiming to have it look as much like the frontsite as we can. It's currently still a long way from finished as I ended up with a crapload less time on my hands this weekend than I thought. I just got off a four hour phonecall to NZ to finish it off. Whee.

escobert
10-25-2004, 12:54 AM
I have it on the 2004. So far lookin good BoB.

Baloki
10-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Well that colour scheme is worse then the fluffy pink one, and I'm not saying that because I'm annoyed with BoB and his desicration of my LJ, really I don't like it.

If your gonna dot hose colours you need a tottally different top banner, probably make the width 80% and change the way the posts are displayed.

Yes I am saying if your going to make a change don't just change the colours, change the look.

Rant over, I go sleep/die now...

Doomgaze
10-25-2004, 03:01 AM
NO. DON'T SHRINK THE WIDTH.

Loony BoB
10-25-2004, 07:41 AM
Well that colour scheme is worse then the fluffy pink one, and I'm not saying that because I'm annoyed with BoB and his desicration of my LJ, really I don't like it.

If your gonna dot hose colours you need a tottally different top banner, probably make the width 80% and change the way the posts are displayed.

Yes I am saying if your going to make a change don't just change the colours, change the look.

Rant over, I go sleep/die now...
a;slaoeha;eiga;whi I've said it so many times now IT IS NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED >=O There is no point in ranting. We're going to use the topbanner from the frontsite, the width is going to be changed, the tables are going to be changed, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and if anyone doesn't like it, I won't really be caring and don't need to be told, since the blue EoFF style will still be selectable. Hell, I'm probably going to use EoFF Classic myself. The only thing I'll need to be told is if there's some kind of bug or coding error that needs fixing. I haven't even touched the coding yet, just the colours.

Baloki
10-25-2004, 12:05 PM
a;slaoeha;eiga;whi I've said it so many times now IT IS NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED >=O There is no point in ranting. We're going to use the topbanner from the frontsite, the width is going to be changed, the tables are going to be changed, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and if anyone doesn't like it, I won't really be caring and don't need to be told, since the blue EoFF style will still be selectable. Hell, I'm probably going to use EoFF Classic myself. The only thing I'll need to be told is if there's some kind of bug or coding error that needs fixing. I haven't even touched the coding yet, just the colours.

Hey it was three in the morning, at least give me some credit for some readable english, and what I was doing in my ranting way last night was trying to suggest how we should edit it to fit in with the front site.

I'm sure its quite possible to import the banner from the new main site quite easerly and also the colours at the mo do make it hard to distinguish between posts unlike the current EoFF, I hope this more wide awake post brought to you by sleep inc is more use :D

Loony BoB
10-25-2004, 12:09 PM
colours at the mo do make it hard to distinguish between posts unlike the current EoFF
Wha? I don't get it. I can tell one post from the next really really easily. The two browns are two very, very different shades - far more different than the EoFF Classic's two blues.

Baloki
10-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Wha? I don't get it. I can tell one post from the next really really easily. The two browns are two very, very different shades - far more different than the EoFF Classic's two blues.

Oh leave me alone *runs off crying*

Loony BoB
10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
No, seriously, if you meant something different, I genuinely didn't get it. D= Can you give more detail or something?

Something that would help is for someone to get all those images that make up the banner on the fronsite and join them up, keeping in mind to cut the bottom row of images in half so that we don't get the top of the 'Square' bubble.

Baloki
10-25-2004, 12:27 PM
No, seriously, if you meant something different, I genuinely didn't get it. D= Can you give more detail or something?

Something that would help is for someone to get all those images that make up the banner on the fronsite and join them up, keeping in mind to cut the bottom row of images in half so that we don't get the top of the 'Square' bubble.

I'll explain later, I might be more awake and able to explain then, and I'll have a go at killing the image this afternoon during my java practical as the machines pritty fast in there

Jojee
10-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Can we have a pink style, please, can we, can we? :fppink:

I'll make it~! :tongue:

:magus:

Baloki
10-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Can we have a pink style, please, can we, can we? :fppink:

I'll make it~! :tongue:

:magus:

Its called Fluffy Pink and its already selectible from the Style Choser at the bottom of the page :D

Jojee
10-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Omgggg... *spasm* o_o It's beautiful. *uses it forever and ever*! ^_^ I love the buttons! Who made it? :love:

Edit: banner doesn't really fit though.. :o Could be pinker.

Baloki
10-26-2004, 09:28 AM
I think a drugged up Shlupquack made it :D

escobert
10-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah shlup made it.

Fate Fatale
10-26-2004, 07:37 PM
I have sum pics for a cool banner if ya want em PM meh! (YAY! I'm at meh dads house so I dont have a broken spacebar!)

o_O
10-28-2004, 08:48 AM
I think it should be changed so that the page scrolls sideways from left to right instead of top to bottom.

NO. DON'T SHRINK THE WIDTH.

Yeah, that too. ;p I still think the front page should be blues. :p