PDA

View Full Version : What FF final boss do u like most?

Black Roses
10-23-2004, 03:08 AM
btw: i not dealing with the other thread i just was wonderin' what final boss do ya like most

i liked Necron [9], Ultimecia (true form) [8], and Safer-Sephiroth [7]

yeah i know they are tied [in my book at least] but still...

Ultima Shadow
10-23-2004, 10:35 AM
I liked the battle with Ultimecia the most but Sephiroth is my fav villain.

Black Roses
10-23-2004, 02:49 PM
yes who could 4get...

Trumpet Thief
10-23-2004, 03:00 PM
chaos: The Kefka's Tower battle more than pleased me... He was quite powerful, but the music was astounding.

Rubedo: Sephiroth's Super Nova wasn't forgettable either.

Mo-Nercy
10-23-2004, 03:16 PM
The Kefka battle was awesome. The music was great, except you rarely got to hear much more than 30 seconds of it.

The battle against Shuyin ain't too bad either. Even though that one's short too, you just can't help but sit there and make cheesy comments about his Tidus-esqe moves. (eg. "Where the hell did that Blitzball come from?")

thornwithin
10-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Kefka by far. He cracks the best jokes, while still having the complete disregard for human life that defines a good villain. Plus, the laser beam that can strike anywhere on the whole world is so cool.

second place would be sephiroth, cuz he has a really well-developed backstory, and his abilities are cool as well. How much precision does it take to explode the sun to *exactly* halfway between him and you?

most of the other bosses are incredibly generic, either "I want to take over the world for no reason" or "I want to destroy the world for no reason." Necron is the worst cuz you've never even heard of him until 2 seconds before you fight him. They should have stuck with that guy who you are fighting for most of the game (sorry forgot his name). And Ultimecia????? what kind of boring name is that? X-Death.... oooh, that's creative.

Jebus_01
10-28-2004, 11:38 AM
What about the fight against (is it omega or ultima) weapon in FFX
I just found the challenge invigorating, and watching my auron with his ultimate weapon and damage break doing his overdrive tear him to shreads was great.

Other than those i suppose all the jenova battles (simply for the music) and any Final Boss Battle is an easy bet for a fantastic boss. (some of the optional bosses were gd, i.e Ruby weapon, yojimbo etc)

fanal_fantes
10-28-2004, 06:30 PM
hrad uh kuja, kuja trance, sephiroth, weapons (there so fun) and uh vegnagun

Polaris
10-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Ultimecia, is horrible but really cool!!!1

Dark Matter
10-29-2004, 04:44 PM
[FFX] Yu Yevon!!!! :eek:
Yu Yevon's also nominated just in case you forgot.
I love Sephiroth because he's too easy to beat. Just gave him my Omnislash and he died. Toooo easy!!!! :p

uubbuu
10-29-2004, 05:12 PM
sephiroth is definatly the best by far!!!

Necronopticous
10-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Rubedo: Sephiroth's Super Nova wasn't forgettable either.

Yeah because it was an unforgettably stupid attack.

Anyway, my favorites were Zeromus, Kefka, Ultimecia, Braska's Final Aeon, and The Shadowlord.

Ultima Shadow
10-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah because it was an unforgettably stupid attack.

Hey, it was fun to watch all the planets + the sun itself being destroyed over and over again. :D

Flying Mullet
10-29-2004, 07:10 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/ff6/kefka.gif

Black Roses
10-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Oh yeah!
I forgot bout' Kefka!
the reasons why i liked Necron and Ultimecia cus they were designed [looks-wise] well.
I got bored watching Sephy's Super-Nova, but it was cool any ways.
Sephiroth was also my fave cus of his backstory.

Necronopticous
10-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Sephiroth's Supernova...

No... It wasn't cool... It was a worthless, careless move. I can't believe Square had the nerve to even put this move in. It goes against the entire story and it's just altogether dumb.

First of all, you're fighting Sephiroth because he's summoned a meteor to destroy the planet. The meteor is moving probably 2 kilometers per hour but then he can summon this even larger meteor that goes faster than the speed of light (yes, the game does suggest that that it is traveling faster than the speed of light since it takes 8 minutes for light to reach the Earth from the Sun and it gets from the end of our solar system in much less than that)

Why didn't Sephiroth just summon this one to begin with? Anyway, the sun expands far enough to actually touch the Earth and basically engulf your characters and you all get away with scraped knees. This would not only vaporize your party and Sephiroth but the rest of the planet as well.

Next, let's take a look at another interesting plot-hole this move introduces. FINAL FANTASIES DON'T TAKE PLACE ON EARTH! I guess we're all transported to Earth when this move begins or something because we sure weren't there for the rest of the game.

And to top off this "dear-god-please-tell-me-I'm-not-seeing-this" move with a nice big cherry. He can do the damn move multiple times! Destroying already supposedly destroyed planets over again!

This is just scratching the surface on this move, there is so many things wrong with this spell that I could probably write a thesis paper on how bad it is.

Ultima Shadow
10-30-2004, 10:42 AM
there is so many things wrong with this spell that I could probably write a thesis paper on how bad it is.
That's what make it so fun to watch! :lol:

ps: Sorry, just my bad sense of humor I guess... :p

Jolts
10-31-2004, 08:15 AM
My favorite boss battle was against Sephiroth. Not Bizzaro or Safer-Sephiroth, but the very last battle, in which Cloud given Omnislash, even if he didn't have it before. I like it mainly because Cloud finally shows how pissed off he is :lol:.

My favorite FF boss, though, would be...hmm...Sephiroth, Edea, Beatrix, and Seymour. I like how they help you one minute, then they're against you the next (vise-versa with Edea and Beatrix). I don't really count Gafgarion (from FFT) because he wasn't really helping you, he was against you the whole time, just hiding it. Delita (also from FFT) doesn't count either, 'cause you never fight against him, and he was never really your enemy, he just wanted power. He was using you, but he wasn't trying to kill you.
I can't say much about FF through FFVI, as I haven't played all the way through any of them.

Dreddz
10-31-2004, 10:57 AM
I liked the necron battle the most.But i still think Sephiroth was cool

Auronhart
10-31-2004, 11:52 PM
GRIEVER!!! :)

Chris
11-01-2004, 12:10 AM
http://onelastzone.homestead.com/files/Robani/filesSephirothZero.gif

InfiniteSeraph
11-04-2004, 06:33 PM
I'd say best music in a Final Boss hands down is Sephiroth's One Winged Angel.*Awesome Song*

But out of appearance I'd say my favorite looking would have to be Kefka, he just looks really cool.

And out of difficulty i would say Neo Ex-Death. Haven't fought him yet just heard he was hard. : )

Zante
11-04-2004, 07:08 PM
My fav is Griever.

Black Roses
11-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Sephiroth's Supernova...

No... It wasn't cool... It was a worthless, careless move. I can't believe Square had the nerve to even put this move in. It goes against the entire story and it's just altogether dumb.

First of all, you're fighting Sephiroth because he's summoned a meteor to destroy the planet. The meteor is moving probably 2 kilometers per hour but then he can summon this even larger meteor that goes faster than the speed of light (yes, the game does suggest that that it is traveling faster than the speed of light since it takes 8 minutes for light to reach the Earth from the Sun and it gets from the end of our solar system in much less than that)

Why didn't Sephiroth just summon this one to begin with? Anyway, the sun expands far enough to actually touch the Earth and basically engulf your characters and you all get away with scraped knees. This would not only vaporize your party and Sephiroth but the rest of the planet as well.

Next, let's take a look at another interesting plot-hole this move introduces. FINAL FANTASIES DON'T TAKE PLACE ON EARTH! I guess we're all transported to Earth when this move begins or something because we sure weren't there for the rest of the game.

And to top off this "dear-god-please-tell-me-I'm-not-seeing-this" move with a nice big cherry. He can do the damn move multiple times! Destroying already supposedly destroyed planets over again!

This is just scratching the surface on this move, there is so many things wrong with this spell that I could probably write a thesis paper on how bad it is.

i just thought the move was awsome not by logic but by looks! :( ... :tongue:

Jolts
11-06-2004, 10:39 AM
It's funny how some people take video games and movies so seriously, isn't it?
Of course, I'm not one to talk, I notice a lot of unrealistic stuff in games and movies and mention it when people are around too.

Braindead_Paul
11-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Kefka!