PDA

View Full Version : Darn "The Grudge"!

SomethingBig
10-23-2004, 03:21 AM
Darn it to Hell indeed! I can't get to sleep because of that darn movie! That kid scared the bujebus outta me. Dear God, what in blazes am I supposed to do? I'm quite sleepy, but I'm scared that either that girl or that kid will pop up out of nowhere and murder me. Yeah, I tell myself that it's just a movie, but it doesn't work. Oh, and this is the only movie that has actually done this to me, so don't be callin' me no coward, y'hear?

So anyway, when you are/ever were too scared to go to sleep, what did you do?

Meat Puppet
10-23-2004, 03:23 AM
Overdosed on sleeping pills.

SomethingBig
10-23-2004, 03:25 AM
Oh, man, I wish I had sleeping pills. Any other tips?

Logan
10-23-2004, 03:26 AM
I kept all my lights on and obsessively checked under my bed and in my closet and then I hid under my covers and laid awake for hours.

Wait, what, I mean I'm never afraid >:O

Lon611
10-23-2004, 03:28 AM
i just turn on my tv and watch a comedy :D

SomethingBig
10-23-2004, 03:29 AM
But she showed up under the covers and killed the girl! Killed her, I say, killed her! I am totally freaked out right now, it's 10:32 and I'm already sleepy as heck. I can't lie down on my bed because I'm completely and utterly freaked out. Yes, I understand that I sound and feel like a 5 year old.

EDIT: Sorry, Leeza.

Leeza
10-23-2004, 03:33 AM
I didn't see the movie yet, so thank you for all the spoilers.

I just leave some lights on in another room and go to sleep or else I just stay up till it's light.

Agent Proto
10-23-2004, 03:34 AM
This is why I avoid most horror movies altogether. Though, I usually try my best not to think much about that particular scene that scared me the most Either that or just lie there wide awake...

Best to think happy thoughts or have some music playing.

Trumpet Thief
10-23-2004, 03:45 AM
chaos: Well, normally when I'm scared at night, I never get over it. I see faces, the scary tunes play, etc.

Rubedo: But in this case, the best advice I can give you is, that think of a sequel to that movie called "Teh Grudge" which is a humour, or something. :D I'm always bad at this subject... Maybe think of something funny?

Necronopticous
10-23-2004, 04:04 AM
This should be in The Lounge.

I saw the American version today, although I saw Ju-on a while ago. Both movies had their better points, just like Ringu and The Ring. The theatre I saw the movie in was filled with 16 year old girls that wouldn't shut the hell up the entire time so I was frusterated beyond belief. Great film, suggest it to everyone.

Shoeberto
10-23-2004, 04:06 AM
Sleep with the lights on.

SomethingBig
10-23-2004, 04:08 AM
This should be in The Lounge.
Nah, I'm asking people how they get to sleep, when something's scaring the poop outta them.

Rusty
10-23-2004, 05:08 AM
I kept all my lights on and obsessively checked under my bed and in my closet and then I hid under my covers and laid awake for hours.

Wait, what, I mean I'm never afraid >:O

Casey
10-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Just think its just a movie and not reality. :)

Yamaneko
10-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Sleep with a .45.

Shoeberto
10-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Or a Hanzo custom, which could possibly be more effective.

Rye
10-23-2004, 04:16 PM
You mean the little meowing boy in his underwear from the commercial of "The Grudge"? :o

I was too scared to sleep after watching part of this movie where these certain people always had nightmares about these evil things and like how babies cried when the evil things were around. And this women is like "I had a nightmare... and then I ran into my dog house to hide, and then my dad came to comfort him... and I stabbed him because I thought he was a demon."

I could NOT get to sleep after that. :(

Strider
10-23-2004, 07:51 PM
I had a hard time sleeping after watching "The Blair Witch Project" by myself. I just ate some cookies and milk before I tried to sleep, and it worked fine.

Thunday Man
10-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Smoke the dojer.

Always lets me sleep good on those restless nights :)

Optium
10-23-2004, 09:21 PM
I heard the movie sucked big ones. :\
Not that I was going to see it anyway...

.opt

kikimm
10-23-2004, 09:27 PM
I have the same problem, although it usually lasts for months. But it's because I'm paranoid in the first place, and the movies just bring it up again.

But there's nothing, personally, that I can do. I sit there for hours, every couple seconds jumping out of my bed, and check under it, in the corners, the foot of my bed, by the computer...what's sad is that I could do all that from my bed, as my room's very small. I'm lame, I know.

I wouldn't suggest listening to music---that only gets me more paranoid. Maybe write something, or stay on the computer. Or go to bed before the rest of your family does. That always helps me. Until I wake up my usual 5 times during the night. Eh heh...

:D

Trumpet Thief
10-23-2004, 09:35 PM
I have the same problem, although it usually lasts for months. But it's because I'm paranoid in the first place, and the movies just bring it up again.

But there's nothing, personally, that I can do. I sit there for hours, every couple seconds jumping out of my bed, and check under it, in the corners, the foot of my bed, by the computer...what's sad is that I could do all that from my bed, as my room's very small. I'm lame, I know.

I wouldn't suggest listening to music---that only gets me more paranoid. Maybe write something, or stay on the computer. Or go to bed before the rest of your family does. That always helps me. Until I wake up my usual 5 times during the night. Eh heh...

:D

Grimace: The exact same problem I have. Except, mine was more of an Exorcist one. Me and two friends watched it REALLY late at night in our house, 1:00 am or something, and after that, we all went to bed, and I kept seeing the face that was shown in Daniel's dream in the Exorcist. I had a nightmare, and it was terrible... *topples over*

Ronald: Although, the movie was great! :love:

theundeadhero
10-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Just becuase your paranoid don't mean there not after you.

SomethingBig
10-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Smoke the dojer.
Wha? Dojer?

The Shoeless Hobo
10-24-2004, 01:42 AM
I was too scared to sleep after watching part of this movie where these certain people always had nightmares about these evil things and like how babies cried when the evil things were around. And this women is like "I had a nightmare... and then I ran into my dog house to hide, and then my dad came to comfort him... and I stabbed him because I thought he was a demon."

I believe that movie was called THEY.

...And I hated it. The only reason I saw it was because it had Wes Cravens name on it. xP

Silmaril
10-24-2004, 02:59 PM
I was going to watch the movie but I guess now i won't.

PS. You can sleep under the bed that way nothing can pop out from under it. Unless it comes from over it.

Xander
10-24-2004, 05:02 PM
I got scared after watching Ring and Ring 2, and Dark Water shortly after. I couldn't sleep very well for a while, because I kept seeing things on the ceiling of my room and stuff. And I'd hide under the covers loads for ages too. I still wanna see this film though xD

Glendon
10-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Willy Wonka is the scariest movie of all time. I was terrified of it as a kid and still think its horrifying.

:tongue:

Breine
10-24-2004, 06:18 PM
I keep all the lights in my bedroom on, and lie there and stare... o_O

Levian
10-24-2004, 07:04 PM
First and possibly last time for me was when Scream 1 was released. Reality has aøways scared me while fake stuff like zombies and vampires doesn't really get to me. I wasn't afraid of the killer in Scream 1, of course. I was afraid because stupid people could actually buy the scream outfit and do as them. I'd be scared to death if someone entered my room with a scream outfit. Some guys did that at our school. They wore the scream outfit and knocked on teen girls' bedroom windows. It even got in the newspaper too :p

Remnant
10-24-2004, 07:29 PM
I've reached the conclusion that I can lead a rich and full life without seeing another horror movie.

Past experiences:

A B grade horror movie called "Trolls 2", wherein these evil troll people feed people food that turns them into part plant, and then eat them. Really, stupid, but for some reason it freaked me out. Especially at the end when after the trolls had all been dealt with, they return home, the kid goes to take a shower, and his mom eats an apple. He gets in the shower and sees written "Mommy yummy" or some such, runs back to the kitchen where the green paste that was his mother is spread all over, with trolls eating it. Really lame, but I was younger then and it has stayed with me in small ways.

Getting dragged to Jeepers Creepers. The very last scene, where the kid is grabbed and his eyes have been ripped out . Did not need that at all. Would be driving down a dark dirt road after that, and every bump was something on the top of the car...

6th sense, where that girl was under the sheet. Just that in particular scared the crap out of me, though she was not dangerous. Though all in all that movie was more of a tear jerker than a horror flick. I can still tear up a bit when I think about that discussion the kid had with his mom about his grandma.

Just the commercials for The Grudge scare me... that blue girl oozing down the stairs or whatever. As soon as I saw that, I knew I would never ever see this movie. Ever.

EDIT: If someone could either spoiler tag or message me what the crap that crawly blue girl was about, I'm morbidly curious, but have no intention of seeing the film. Much appreciated.

Jojee
10-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Scary. I got scared to death after watching the Ring... T_T;; Couldn't be in a room alone with a TV for ages. Haven't seen the Grudge but I can get nightmares just from the commercials... :fpsweat:

I just hide and shiver to myself and close my eyes, and tell myself, "If you can't see them, they can't see you T_T" Or... run to go snuggle with my boi, my brother, friend, or whoever else is in sight xD It's better now that I'm in dorms, cos' there's always people all around :fpninja:

:magus:

SomethingBig
10-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Scary. I got scared to death after watching the Ring... T_T;; Couldn't be in a room alone with a TV for ages. Haven't seen the Grudge but I can get nightmares just from the commercials... :fpsweat:
The first time I saw that was with my friends during a sleep-over. The next morning, I was playing Xenogears in my basement to show my friends what it was like and my phone rang, so I had to go upstairs to pick up the phone. While on the phone, my friends' ride came, so they left. Unfortunately, I left my PS2 on and I left it on for another 3-4 hours because there was no way I was going into my basement alone to turn off the TV and PS2.

I got scared after watching Ring and Ring 2, and Dark Water shortly after. I couldn't sleep very well for a while, because I kept seeing things on the ceiling of my room and stuff. And I'd hide under the covers loads for ages too. I still wanna see this film though xD
When did Ring 2 come out? And after seeing the Grudge, you won't be going under your covers any time soon. :)

By the way, did anyone hear about the teaser commercial Fox showed when the Ring first came out in the theaters? There should seriously be a law that forbids that kind of stuff.

theundeadhero
10-24-2004, 09:53 PM
For years and years I was scared of the wolf on the never-ending story. He still kind of creeps me out. When I was a kid the commercials for Leprecaun would scare the crap out of me. I would turn away scared every time one came on. Then one night I was hanging out with a friend and we went to the theater. Guess what movie we ended up watching. I was so scared until it actually came on but then nothing in the movie scrared me.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-26-2004, 07:54 AM
When I was 7, Jarrasic Park (sp?) and Charlie and the Chololate Factory scared me. I always thought a Dinosaur at any moment would come, rip off the roof and eat me. Oompa Loompa's scared me, the fat kid getting stuck in the pipe and that scene where they float up to the roof and can't get down.

But, now I'm older. And I havn't seen a scary movie yet. But not being scary doesn't mean it's not going to be good. For example: Scream, Willard and so-on.

IMHO, I thought The Ring, Sixth Sense and The Village sucked.

Fuzakeru
10-26-2004, 11:36 PM
The Ring scared the crap outta me. For the next three nights I couldn't look at the TV turned off without getting really scared. Especially at night! Even now, if I think about it to hard and turn around to look at the TV in the living room I get the shivers.
The Grudge looks scary. I had my friend, Sama, tell me the whole story yesterday so when I go to see it I don't piss myself. I don't think it'll help though cause I went to the official website for The Grudge and just the little 'game' thing had me squealing.