PDA

View Full Version : Who likes to breed?

Despotus
10-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Sorry if this is too similar to the 'Poaching and You' thread. After all, there are many good reasons to breed monsters before you move too far along in the storyline. Personally I love to take Tactics at a slow pace, spending a lot of time on each chapter and building my party before going into the tougher battles. And, I must say, I love to breed (hey, who doesn't right?). I think that poaching monsters directly from my "stables" is a very useful way to get rare (and powerful) items relatively early in the game. (And the only way to get Wildbow, or Wildboar, which give you FS bags and the all powerful ribbon!) I also love having a lot of elixers, which come easily from Great Morbols. What's your opinion on breeding for poaching purposes? :choc: :shoot: Also, I love to have powerful monsters join me in some battles (especially with 'Monster Skill' ability selected) :monster:

Del Murder
10-24-2004, 05:59 PM
I only breed for poaching purposes. It is quite effective, and necessary for item collection.

UltimaLimit
10-24-2004, 08:42 PM
I breed mainly for strength in battle, not for poaching. If I have two of the same monster (like 2 Goblins) and they're of similar strengths, or if I've two different forms of a monster (Red Panther and Cuar for example), I'll have them fight it out, keep the winner, and poach the loser.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Breed and Poach away. Specially those Freakin wildbows.

MoonsEcho
11-03-2004, 07:25 PM
>_<

I saw the title to this thread, and it had me quite worried...

Anyway....I didn't do too much "breeding"...though you can't really call it breeding, to be technical. You could get more monsters by just having one monster in your party, so it was more of an asexual thing, I guess. BUT to answer the question, I didn't do it too much. I didn't have much room in my party as I started getting better characters and I tended to stick with the one or two monsters I really liked and just get rid of the rest.

Despotus
11-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Yeah, breeding a lot of monsters for poaching gets tough as you fill your character slots with new soldiers, so do as much of it as you can before you move on too far in the game. Poach a ton of Sacreds, Dragons, Great Morbols, etc... then when you get to Ch. 4 all you'll have to get are the Porky-kin and Hydras. :cool:

The Amazing Spiderman
11-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Just a note...You can get an Uribo at your first Fight in Zigolas Swamp...you can keep reseting the game until you can fight one.

Despotus
11-07-2004, 03:45 AM
'Chas Gracias, Hombre Arana, unfortunately I think I may have already passed the zigolas swamp :whimper: Arrrgh!