PDA

View Full Version : I need help defeating...[Spoiler]

Xiao
10-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I need help defeating Jecht....I just can't do it! I've tried soooo many times but I just end up losing. can anyone give me tips or advice that i can use to beat him w/o any optional aeons???

Juniper Jade
10-25-2004, 11:24 PM
I just had Anima attack him twice and he was dead, lol

Optium
10-26-2004, 12:26 AM
I couldn't beat him either until I got Anima and the celestial weapons, then
it was easy as pie. :p
You might want to OD all your chars AND aeons, then just have Rinoa
summon so that the aeon can do damage and then take the damage that
he gives, then just attack a couple times and summon before his next hit.
Only summon against his second form though or else it's a waste. If you
can't beat his first form without summons then you're screwed any which
way. :p

.opt

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-26-2004, 04:46 AM
Bahamut should be quite helpful in the battle, he can attack the two pillars as well as Jecht.

Or you can just get Anima and slaughter him in two hits like the rest of us did.

Dark_Sephiroth666
10-27-2004, 06:02 AM
I just attacked....coz I had celestial weapons for some people. I prefer to just attack anyway. I don't really like to stuff around.

Trumpet Thief
10-27-2004, 06:04 AM
chaos: Jecht? He's quite easy if you get a few things. Firstly, some Celestial Weapons for the characters, as well as good equipment. Secondly, powerful Aeons do you a lot of good in this match, especially the Magus Sisters.

Rubedo: The only truly deadly attack which Jecht rarely uses in the "Supreme Jecht Shot" or something along the lines of that which does 6000-7000 damage to your whole party. If you get break HP equipment, and land on a lot of attack and HP spheres, this battle will be no sweat.

Y,R,P
10-28-2004, 09:49 AM
I sew some1 kill Jecht with no: Anima, Celestial Weapons, and no Break HP and I was like: WOW.
I just got to Jecht, And Sin was easy and Jecht is going to be the same.
Ok I say you should use Aeons when he pulls that 1 sorwd out of his gut.
My mom needs to do something.
CYA!

Moores
10-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Just have Yojimbo do a zanmoto!

Its kind of cheating, but whatever lol :D

Strawberry_Mew
10-29-2004, 06:58 AM
I used the M.Sisters and another thing I did was have Tidus use the Talk command all the time I could..It really helped out well n_n

redxiiii
11-21-2004, 09:16 PM
i just used all my aeons including the hidden 1s and overdrived dem i only had 2 use 3or 4 of dem

VincentcerebruS
11-24-2004, 09:20 PM
get tidus auron and rikku out, then make rikku use a Stamina Spring, ****can be stolen from yunalesca**** so your character's hp will double then swich rikku w/ yuna, make tidus use hasataga use yna 4 healing and auron and tidus can attack, use the talk command when jecht's overdrive is full, when he goes into form to unleash all of your characters and aeons overdrives also use "spare change" and release all your gil, you wont need it. then u will beat jecht. ;)

Auronhart
11-24-2004, 11:29 PM
I sew some1 kill Jecht with no: Anima, Celestial Weapons, and no Break HP and I was like: WOW.
I did that my first time, it wasn't that hard. The NSG challenges are waay harder.

Dking'squeen
11-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Or however his name is spelled. Right now, he's irking me. I'll be an inch from beating him and then he just kills me. I don't know how he keeps doing it. It's those stupid thingimabobs on his stupid side. I really an't seem to beat him. A little help please?

Lon611
11-25-2004, 05:41 PM
b4 jecht's turn comes up, use zombie attack on him. that'll hurt him when the towers heal him. actually, the first tower will hurt him, but the effect will be negated and the second will heal him. but overall it doesn't do nething 2 his hp. but thats better than him healing. then just pound away. oh, use one of rikku's overdrives (forgot which one) to double the hp of ur characters. also, if ur lulu is pretty leveled up, u can use her overdrive and it will do around 70,000. :)

Dking'squeen
11-25-2004, 05:45 PM
I was using the aeons, wakka and auron or tidus...

Optium
11-29-2004, 03:41 PM
OD all your aeons beforehand and he'll be no problem.

.opt

Zante
11-29-2004, 04:19 PM
I just attacket him 2-4 times with Tidus. Anima or the Sisters should do it too.

Old Manus
11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
BRASKA'S FINAL AEON (or Jetch)

HP:60,000, 120,000

Strategy: Wahay! You're at the not-so-final boss! Jecht is one tough mutha if you have a low level team. Before entering battle, everyone should be fully overdrived, and Wakka should have learned attack reels. Enter and cast Hastega, and protect if you have time. Then bring in Wakka. Skip Wakka's turn. Bring Rikku and mix Trio of 9999 (lvl 3-4 key sphere + wing to discovery). Then on Wakka's next turn, launch Attack Reels. It should take down form 1 if successful, and knock a chunk off form 2. Then just attack normally until he hits the dust.

If you do not have attack reels or Trio of 9999, try this way. As soon as you start, use Hastega, then Holy with Yuna. This will cause great damage. Keep attacking and healing until his overdrive gets near full. Then Summon an overdrived Aeon. Use the overdrive, and Jecht will counter and waste his overdrive. Then basically keep summoning and healing until you manage to defeat him. If you run out of aeons, use Holy or Tidus' overdrives.

NOTE: Don't bother destroying the Pagodas, they just respawn.

Dking'squeen
11-29-2004, 09:41 PM
I found out that they regenerate over time. Stupid thigamagigers. I'll try all the ideas. Hey, I didn't get ANima of the sisters. I didn't know about the sisters and as for anima, I hated him too much to like him. I don't know how to get them. I know that the M-sisters are some type of side quest and from the sounds of it, if I had them, I might be able to get in some extra damage to Jetch, plus, who doens't need an extra aeon?

Shoeberto
11-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Okay, I was having trouble with him over the weekend and here's what I ended up doing:
Get Anima. That's number 1. It's not too tough.
Have one of your characters get Ultima. For me, Kimahri got it. I had to use a Return Sphere and two Level 4 Keyspheres, but it was worth it. From there, teach it to Yuna and Lulu using BlkMagic Spheres.
Have Lulu learn Doublecast, and with an Ability Sphere, teach it to Yuna.
Within the Zanarkand Ruins, get the Magistral Rod, which has all of Yuna's spells use 1/2 MP.
Level grind. Make sure you get sphere levels for Yuna and Lulu - this is especially important for Yuna, as her sphere level progression affects her Aeon's stats.
Make sure Tidus, Yuna, Lulu, and all of the Aeons are in Overdrive.

When you get into battle with Jecht, Hastega from Tidus. Swap out Auron for Lulu, and Haste here. Use Yuna and Lulu to Doublecast Ultima. If he has it, use Tidus to get Protect on everyone. (this could very well save you - make it a part of your level grinding.) Ultima should easily take out the two Yu Pagodas. Keep this up. Maybe summon an Aeon, but I'd advise against it. Doublecasting Ultima works best. If Lulu and Yuna's MP reaches too low, have Tidus use a Megalixer - it's the last time you'll need it, and you should have 2-3 anyway.
Second half of the battle, keep up the Doublecasting Ultima, but also unload with Aeon overdrives. Make sure the Yu Pagodas are out before you do overdrive, or else they could negate the damage entirely! Ideally, Bahamut and Anima's overdrives should each do upwards of 13k damage, with all the other's doing straight 9s. This with Ultimas and Tidus on support with items should help you.

As much as I hate level grinding, I did it for about two hours in Sin near the airship for about two hours and it helped a lot.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Where do I get anima? I keep hearing everyone talking about how they have it and I feel left out. :(

Shoeberto
11-30-2004, 12:23 AM
From the Aeon FAQ on GameFAQS:
"[01] - After the Highbride event with Maester Mika, board the airship. Go to
the "Search" option and enter:

X: 11 to 16
Y: 57 to 63
Z: doesn't matter

[02] - A new location entitled Baaj Temple appears on the list. Go there.
- Before you continue, make sure you have collected the Destruction Sphere
treasures from all of the temples. It doesn't matter if you got the one in
Bevelle or not, so don't worry.
[03] - If you haven't already, equip Tidus, Rikku, and Wakka with armor
protecting against petrification.
[04] - Go straight and dive in the water.
[05] - Head towards the green dot on the mini-map, and you will encounter
Geosgaeno.

- BOSS: Geosgaeno
- HP: 34,767 (?)
- MP: ???
- Remember this guy? The one Tidus encountered in the beginning of the game.
Anyway, I just had Rikku Mix 2 Door to Tomorrows and this fight went by like a
breeze. If you don't have these, GO AND GET THEM. You can obtain 99 of them for
catching all the monsters 6 areas. See CB's Monster Arena FAQ for more info.
Right now, I don't have any other strategies for this guy.

[06] - Dive underwater and continue into the temple.
[07] - Follow the path into the main area.
[08] - Activate all the statues by standing near them. Don't miss the great
items near the closest 2, in chests.

NOTE: If 5 statues do not light, you have missed one or more sphere treasures.
However, you CAN NOT RETURN TO BEVELLE and there is no need to as that one is
already lit - it is vital to the storyline (impossible to solve the puzzle
without). The item is an HP Sphere.

CROSS-REFERENCE: Please please please, before you send me an e-mail, read
section 2, questions 5, 6, 7. It says everything you need right there.

[09] - Chances are your seal didn't break. That's OK - go to the Zanarkand Dome
Cloister of Trials (the big floor puzzle). In the first room, activate the
three white squares, and in the second room, activate the four.
- If you need a map, see Brett Wiese's at gamefaqs.com. It shows the white
spheres as grey.
[10] - Grab the destruction sphere from the chamber that opens.
[11] - Insert it into either of the sphere-shaped recesses in the second area.
Get the treasure, head out, and get back to Baaj.
[12] - Approach the statues again, and go through the now defuntional seal.
[13] - Learn about Seymour from the fayth, and obtain the powerful aeon Anima!"

Chances are you might have to return to some of the temples, which is illustrated by the statues. They're illustrated like this:

X Besaid temple X Bevelle temple
X Macalania Temple X Djose temple
X Zanarkand Temple X Kilika temple

So whichever of those don't light, you have to return and do the Destruction Sphere puzzle.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Thanks. I'll get on it as soon as I finish studying...right about now.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Getting the Celestial Weapons is usually a good thing, I got Yuna's which lets her Holy do a good amount of damage. I also got Auron's and Tidus's but Yuna is the big one, since you get Anima and the Magus Sisters in the process as well.

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Where are these 'celestial weapons' I'm sorry that Idon't know this stuff, but when I first play the game, I just try to get it done and then I play again and get everything

Blank
11-30-2004, 02:26 AM
that's probly the way it SHOULD be played. seriously. for me, Jecht was a disappointment, i was way too powerful and i beat him up with Bahamut just cuz he looks cool. i plan to replay the game and not get the celestial weapons, or spend hours leveling up.

to find where the celestials are, here's the walkthrough i used: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_secrets_sidequests.txt

it's the FFX bible dude. 84 pages if you print it [i did]

Dking'squeen
11-30-2004, 02:30 AM
thanx. You're all friggin life savers!

Blitzballplayer1
12-02-2004, 05:03 AM
seriously, not to brag man, but i killed him on one hit, 99,999 damage from one attatck. u should get all the ultimate weapons, or atleast for the guys u play with, and jecht should b easy, seriously dont worry about def. or anything, keep using tidus's quick hit, and ull b good, my party was tidus, auron, wakka, and one quick hit(99,999) killed him, but i do i have 80hrs worth of traing, but seirously u can do it man, or use ur aeons as sacrfices to jecht wen he attacks!

Dianom
12-02-2004, 09:47 AM
I need help defeating Jecht....I just can't do it! I've tried soooo many times but I just end up losing. can anyone give me tips or advice that i can use to beat him w/o any optional aeons???

If u've got anima just grand summon her and use her special and Jecht will be no more but if u haven't got anima good luck.

Del Murder
12-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Thread merged with the other Jecht thread.

DarknessFromAbove
12-05-2004, 03:12 AM
then just have Rinoa
summon
Don't you mean Yuna? :tongue:

ninja-yuffie
12-06-2004, 04:12 PM
yeah a couple of words that will help ya by.

A) as long as most people have over 6000 health youll b fine!
B) if all else fails, use animea, the magus sisters and yojimbo on him, that should do

arylonthedancer
12-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Well Xiao, Im sorry that no one listened to you when you asked how to beat Jecht without any optional Aeons because, well, just about everyone told you to use optional Aeons. I didn't get any secret Aeons, and I definitely had trouble with Jecht as well.

If you didn't take the time to get Break HP and such which allow you to get over 9999 damage with an Aeons Overdrive, then all Aeons besides Bahamut are useless, as Bahamut automatically has the ability to get over 9999 damage with Megaflare.

It is good to have everyone that you plan on using in battle in Overdrive going in to this fight, especially Bahamut. Actually Bahamut must be in Overdrive going in to this fight, it will make life a lot easier.

Make sure you have Holy with Yuna before going in to this battle, Auto-Life helps a lot as well. Holy is toward the end of Yuna's suggested linear Sphere Grid path. You can use a Teleport or Return Sphere to go back to where Yuna started on the Sphere Grid, and use some Key Spheres to get to Auto-Life. Auto-Life however is not necessary, but it is good to have on going in to Jecht's second form.

A great item to have going in to this battle is an item called Twin Stars (as far as I remember). You can Steal these from the Behemoth Kings in the last few areas before Jecht. These items reduce any party member's MP Cost to 0 (aka nothing). You must use the Use command to give these to your party during battle, but once you give one of these to Yuna, and I recommend Tidus as well, they can cast any Magic and use any Skills they want to their heart's content.

On to the battle. My party in this battle was Tidus, Yuna, Auron.

When the battle first starts, your priorities are to cast Hastega with Tidus, switch in Rikku or anyone who knows Use to administer the Twin Stars if you got them, then switch back in whoever you took out, preferably Auron, as you should give the Twin Stars to Tidus and Yuna. Once the Twin Stars are administered, get the party back in.
Always make sure everyone is Hasted and Protected, this is very important.

Now to the killing.

One of the most important things in this battle is to ensure that you do not attack the Yu Pagodas. Yes, they are supremely annoying, but you are much better off granting Jecht a measly 1500 HP every now and then, than expanding the Yu Pagoda's HP and giving them the chance to attack when their partner is down.

Yuna's job in this battle is to attack Jecht with Holy whenever she gets the chance, but she must also ensure that everyone is in good standing HP wise, and Protected. Also, cast Auto-Life on the party members before defeating Jecht's first form if possible. Do not Summon any Aeons until the very end, as they will only get a measly 9999 damage with their Overdrive, which the Yu Pagodas will counteract by the time your Aeon is killed and you are back in the battle.

Tidus' job is to ensure that everyone is Hasted at all times, especially during Jechts second form, and to use Quick Hit often. Quick Hit is a very valuable Skill in this fight as it will severely dampen the Yu Pagoda's HP restoring. When Jecht is in his second form, and close to or under 60,000 HP, he will begin to use a new Overdrive, Ultimate Jecht Shot, when his meter fills. This is when you use Tidus' Trigger Command Talk. Talk will only work twice during the battle however, so it is best not to use it until Jecht is able to use Ultimate Jecht Shot. Only use Tidus' Spiral Cut Overdrive, as it won't take him any extra time to recover from.

Auron's job in the first portion of the battle is to use Sentinel. With Protect cast on Auron, on top of Auron's Protect that Sentinel casts, Auron will take all the hits from Jecht with little HP lost. If you have it, equip his Kotetsu, which has Counterattack, so he can counter after taking wimpy damage using Sentinel. Jecht's second form attacks all party members however, making Counterattack impossible, and thus Sentinel less useful. It is still good to use however, as it will help to keep Auron alive. For the rest of the fight, you can Attack with Auron, as well as use him as an Item taskboy. Items like Meglixirs, Mega Phoenixs and Mega Potions rule this fight. Also do not use Auron's Banishing Blade or Tornado Overdrives as they take way too long to recover from.

I'm not trying to make this battle sound easy because it's not, but this is what I did and I beat Jecht at fairly low "levels," without anything received from any Sidequests. Just make sure everyone does their jobs, and KEEP TRYING.

Once Jecht's second form is down to however much damage Bahamut can do with his Overdrive, probably about 20-30000 HP, Summon that beast with Yuna, and Jecht is finished.

I hope this story helped you out.

ninja-yuffie
12-10-2004, 08:28 PM
aw man i really AM the dumb blone, just make sure everybody is above 5000 health (so they can survive ultimate jecht shot) when he DOES get a full overdrive guage just use tidus and thatll distract him you get em gurl!

Deacan
12-10-2004, 08:44 PM
He is rather easy if you did a bit of leveling.

If you used the beginner grid i find its alot better if you go to kill him once the main people you use hit the end of their path.

E.g Tidus is QuickHit, Wakka is Tripple Foul.
By then you should have enuth attack power,heath ect.

I got rather lucky when i did him, as Wakka did a crit for 99999 damage on the 3rd attack :D

Be nice if Bosses scaled with you.

FoxFire2
12-10-2004, 10:16 PM
O.K. I went and beat the game again just for this thread.Follow what arylonthedancer said, but to get the battle over with quicker, all you have to do is get yourself at least two "Door To Tommorow"s and have Rikku mix them. After that, everyone in your party will do 9999 damage every time no matter what. Believe me, after that, it's a piece of cake.

DarkMaelstrom
12-11-2004, 06:28 AM
He he, easy way to do it? Go into the battle with either lulu in OD mode or Tidus with his ultimate OD. Have rikku mix 2 doors to tomorrow, then have lulu or tidus use theirs OD's. i got lulu up to 11 spells, which means 9999 x 11 = ???? (math was never my thing) thats how i did it cuz im smart like that

lulusgirl
12-29-2004, 12:45 AM
WHAT ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ?

YOU HAVE TO BATTLE JECT ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? !

WHEN ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :confused: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

EDIT: That was a little excessive. -Murder

rubah
12-29-2004, 01:07 AM
aw now, if I told you, that would ruin the surprise.

You haven't beat the game have you? That's why you shouldn't read threads marked *spoiler* -_-

12-29-2004, 01:37 AM
i couldnt beat him i was low level. i just borrowed my friends memory card and whooped his butt :D