PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale is the best movie ever made

Necronopticous
10-26-2004, 03:37 AM
The title says it all. Downloaded the directors cut yesterday and watched it. Maybe I'm going a little too far by saying it's the best movie ever made... Definately, probably my favorite movie I've seen all year. If you haven't seen the movie I demand that you see it immediately. For those who have seen it, do you agree?

TheAbominatrix
10-26-2004, 03:43 AM
It is indeed an excellent movie. Not the best ever, but it's certainly up there.

Necronopticous
10-26-2004, 03:55 AM
I would sell my soul to get my hands on the briefing video they see when they first get on the island. Pure genius.

TheAbominatrix
10-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Yeah, I love that video. The girl who does it also does the voice for Asuka of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Peegee
10-26-2004, 01:44 PM
The 'video' would be an incomprehensible compilation of clips that you see in the movie. They don't 'miss' anything in between the um...outbursts and killing.

As for BR being the best movie, it's an action flick and therefore will NEVER be the best movie ever. Best movie implies some sort of near-objective supremacy, which is usually limited to dramas and maybe family movies, but not likely. But that's just my bigotry speaking.

If you ever find out that BR2 exists, I don't think you should pursue it....it's not really directed by the same guy (as he died during production), so it doesn't have the same feel. It's also pretty boring and dare I say, lame. :D

Levian
10-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah it was a pretty cool movie, but they could've done so much more with it! Maybe there should be less students or something so they wouldn't have to rush the movie so. It seemed like they did rush it sometimes :p And I didn't really like the ending. I was expecting a pretty good ending, but I was dissapointed really. Maybe it's because I don't like anime. This movie did have some resemblances to anime movies. Anyway, the first part of the movie was great, then it went downhill.

Divine Heretic
10-26-2004, 05:02 PM
I have it on DVD. It's pretty good yeah but also can be very depressing I think. Then ending kind of leaves you saying: "wtf...?" I think so they could of clarified it a bit more but yeah, it's certainly an original idea that is done well. Cool film :D

Necronopticous
10-26-2004, 05:17 PM
The 'video' would be an incomprehensible compilation of clips that you see in the movie. They don't 'miss' anything in between the um...outbursts and killing.

Ehh, whaaa?

crono_logical
10-26-2004, 05:20 PM
If you ever find out that BR2 exists, I don't think you should pursue it....it's not really directed by the same guy (as he died during production), so it doesn't have the same feel. It's also pretty boring and dare I say, lame. :DI second that, avoid the sequel and stick to the first :D

Outsider
10-26-2004, 07:19 PM
It's an awesome movie, I love it. It's a personal favorite.

And it was really surprising. I was expecting to see just an mindless action movie, and I found out that it's not mindless at all. Well, it's not an action movie at all, too... I don't know how to define it, but it was damn good.

I just think that the ending was a little silly, and predictable. But the ending is not important in this movie.

And the lighthouse scene is one of the best things I've ever saw.

TheAbominatrix
10-26-2004, 07:56 PM
It's an awesome movie, I love it. It's a personal favorite.

And it was really surprising. I was expecting to see just an mindless action movie, and I found out that it's not mindless at all. Well, it's not an action movie at all, too... I don't know how to define it, but it was damn good.

I just think that the ending was a little silly, and predictable. But the ending is not important in this movie.

And the lighthouse scene is one of the best things I've ever saw.

I agree. It's a nice study of human nature. Like the girls in the lighthouse, for example. The effects of the tension, and the distrust, even lifelong friends turned against eachother. I loved that.

The ending... eh, it was weird. I didnt mind it so much.

Lindy
10-26-2004, 08:07 PM
It's good and I liked it, but the fact that while I was watching it, Xander fell asleep and started snoring, kinda lessened the impact for me.

Fuzakeru
10-27-2004, 01:54 AM
I haven't seen it but would really like too. From everyone I've talked to - they loved it.

Necronopticous
10-31-2004, 03:36 AM
My favorite part is the megaphone scene. Nothing like seeing pure symbols of peace in chaotic situations get mowed down from behind with a fully automatic weapon. See attachment for reference.

Armisael
10-31-2004, 05:56 PM
I just watched it..It's an awesome movie..you should all see it..
one of my top favorites surely..is there a sequel to it?

TheAbominatrix
10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Yes there is, but it's rumored to be pretty bad.

SomethingBig
10-31-2004, 07:46 PM
BR 2 is the FFVIII of movies. If you watched BR 2 before the first BR, then you'd like it. Because the first BR was so unbelievably great, people had high expectations for BR 2, which, even though it was a pretty good movie, seems awful because you'd expect to be just as good, if not better, than the first BR. BR 2 isn't awful, but it's no BR. When/if you watch BR 2, don't expect anything amazing.

Armisael
10-31-2004, 07:56 PM
does BR 2 connected with BR?i mean do the same characters play again?

TheAbominatrix
10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0338763/

tomothy
11-07-2004, 05:12 AM
yeah both characters are in it... its not very good though, they appeared to just steal scenes from other movies like saving private ryan and such and sticky tape them together. but its worth a look just for the franchise. the whole ethical choices not to kill seem to have been overlooked too :mad:

Pure Strife
11-07-2004, 06:26 PM
I loved BR. Damn nice, and pretty weird at times. It was the humour in it I liked most though. I also really enjoyed BR2, but not to the extent of the first. I think SomethingBig's analysis pretty much sums it up, I probably would have thought it was amazing if I hadn't seen the first.

aeris2001x2
11-08-2004, 07:21 PM
yep, easily a top ten live action movie. got my nice special edition last week :p .

An action film yes, but quite a deep film with some great set pieces and dialogue. Definitly one 4 manga and anime fans or anyone who wants too see how action films should be done(with story, character development, style, direction, class, finesse, imagery).

Heartless
11-10-2004, 02:28 PM
excellent movie,all of it was perfect..

Outsider
11-17-2004, 07:37 AM
yep, easily a top ten live action movie. got my nice special edition last week :p .

I saw the so-called "special edition" yesterday.

I dunno, I thought they would give us more information on the background of some interesting characters (besides Nanahara)...

I'm not complaining... It was still an awesome movie, the basketball scene in the ending is very touching, and that scene about Mitsuko's childhood was weird, but cool. But I was expecting something a little more... Uh... "Special", maybe...