PDA

View Full Version : 800x600 Resolution problems.

Rostum
10-26-2004, 07:37 AM
I usualy run my resolution at 1280x1024, but for a game I want to play I have to use 800x600 but I keep getting problems when I run that resolution and I never had any trouble with it in the past.

I have updated my drivers and I run a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb video card. Please help me out.

Samuraid
10-26-2004, 08:00 AM
<i>This is just a speculation, but it's worth a try</i>

How old is the game? If it was written for earlier versions of windows, you might try running it in compatibility mode for a previous windows version. I would also try disabling windows visual themes in the compatibility window. Right-click on the program icon, and select "properties." Check out the attachment:

Rostum
10-26-2004, 08:02 AM
It's GunBound, so it's not an old game. It's not just in the game that it happens, it's whenever I change my overall resolution to 800x600, even when I'm just running my desktop.

Doomgaze
10-26-2004, 08:02 AM
It's not that, it works fine in XP.

Samuraid
10-26-2004, 08:06 AM
In that case, I'm not sure what it could be. You might check the <a href="http://www.ati.com/support/faq/index.html" target="_blank">ATi knowledge base</a> to see if the screen problem is a common issue.

Rostum
10-26-2004, 08:44 AM
I could not find anything about it on their website. I also tried opening my computer pulling out the graphics card and putting it back in to see if it sets back to default (it did it in the past with something else) and I even re-installed the drivers and the new version of Directx9c. I just don't know what's going on? It wasn't doing this awhile ago.

Edit: Oh geeze the weeze, I feel utterly silly! All I had to do was press the refresh button on my monitor... thanks for trying to help anyways, guys.