PDA

View Full Version : Singles Night...at an NBA game

Dingo Jellybean
10-26-2004, 08:27 PM
I think this is probably as far as Washington can go for a marketing gimmick.

Surprisingly, post-Jordan, ticket sales have sold around the 80% area. But this is like...pretty low, not for the people who will attend, but for the organization.

What Singles night does is have guy-girl alternating seating. This isn't the first time they tried this though...sort of. There were many instances during games' timeouts and half-time that when the jumbotron showed a guy/girl sitting together, they would kiss. Often the jumbotron showed the wrong couple or people who didn't know each other, which was sometimes embarassing.

So yeah...thoughts would be nice.

Venom65437
10-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Well, that certainly is a new way I've heard of to get people together who probably share some common interests. No one makes someone go to a game, so it seems fine to me.

Denmark
10-26-2004, 11:11 PM
I always wondered "what if they don't know each other?" it was an amusing thought. :)

eestlinc
10-28-2004, 06:20 AM
they do the kiss cam everywhere now, or at least at the baseball games in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Tampa, and Detroit, so that would indicate everywhere to me.

Singles night sounds like a good idea. If they did that for a baseball game I would probably be all over it. "Sitting by female who like baseball" is much better than the usual "sitting by fat guy who smells".