PDA

View Full Version : The Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Thread

Loony BoB
10-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Start your guesses on where the next in the series is heading. See the latest news entry on the frontsite for the details.

abrojtm
10-27-2004, 01:53 PM
FFVII remake on PSP.

Maxico
10-27-2004, 02:47 PM
I just hope that they can pull all of this off.

Ouch!
10-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Maybe it'll be that full-fledged sequel that everyone is complaining about.

Tanwen Strife
10-27-2004, 05:31 PM
I think rather than a full fledged sequel or remake just go back and put in all the bits they couldn't before because of time/money. so you'd be able to resurect aries and all that jazz, but all the graphics, story, gameplay etc. is exactly the same. Somehow I don't see it happening, mainly because I don't think they have the thingy that makes the graphics anymore (graphics engine, is that what you call it?). I think they'll leave it after this batch though. The desginers are probably a little bit bored of it all now.

Erdrick Holmes
10-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Crisis Core? Did they make another FFVII game?

Ouch!
10-27-2004, 07:25 PM
so you'd be able to resurect aries
Do you have any respect for the game's plot?!

I'm glad they haven't made a remake. Remakes take away from the original game. I'd much rather play the original Final Fantasy VII than any remake. It just loses something.

Tanwen Strife
10-27-2004, 07:29 PM
but you were going to be able to do that anyway, they just ran out of money. I do agree though. The game should be left as is. Addiing extra games and DVD's to the world, fair doosies, but the game is rocking. they'd try their best, but unevitably mess it up

Erdrick Holmes
10-27-2004, 07:40 PM
That's it, I've lost all faith in Square Enix, never again will I buy a product with a Squaresoft or Square Enix logo on it.

TheAbominatrix
10-27-2004, 09:01 PM
That's it, I've lost all faith in Square Enix, never again will I buy a product with a Squaresoft or Square Enix logo on it.

I knew you'd say that, and you're full of crap.

Anyway, I wonder what it'll be... hmm... I hope it'll have a lot of focus on Tifa, but I also hope it'll be a remake. The word 'Core' in the the title could suggest the 'core' of the series, the original game.

Levian
10-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Well, I'm not going to judge it just yet. Really, there's nothing to judge. But, in my humble opinion, I think they should focus more on each game. Now they have 4 projects they're working with at the same time. And that's just what I know about. They're probably working on some more too.

Dragoon Kain
10-27-2004, 09:34 PM
ok i like sequels and all but THIS IS JUST TOO MANY! make some for another game! im sick of vii stuff right now jeez!

Jojee
10-27-2004, 09:52 PM
Um. What is PSP? >_> Sounds like Paint Shop Pro.... :fpsweat:

abrojtm
10-27-2004, 10:03 PM
The official website says that is the Final Fantasy VII Collabration for PSP (Playstation Portable). That why I assume it's a remake for PSP, which would be nice if you ask me.

Big D
10-27-2004, 11:48 PM
ok i like sequels and all but THIS IS JUST TOO MANY! make some for another game! im sick of vii stuff right now jeez!None of the sequels have even been released yet...Um. What is PSP? >_> Sounds like Paint Shop Pro.... PSP = PlayStation Portable. Basically, it's a handheld console which plays games on miniature DVDs.:D

The info says it's an "action RPG", so that bascially rules out a remake at this stage. Glad to see that Yoshinori Kitase is directing, with Tetsuya Nomura handling character design again.

However, if the game's confined to the PSP only, I'll end up being a little disappointed.

TheAbominatrix
10-27-2004, 11:58 PM
However, if the game's confined to the PSP only, I'll end up being a little disappointed.

Me too. But Im sure I can kiss enough butt to borrow one from someone.

Necronopticous
10-28-2004, 12:24 AM
I never get tired of these announcements, KEEP THEM COMING! When the thirty-fifth Final Fantasy VII sequel is released for Playstation 4 and 1/2 I'll be the FIRST in line.

One winged angel of death
10-28-2004, 11:12 AM
the movie will be produced for dvd/ps2/psp and the game ffVII:DC will be for ps2/psp and in the original game series in japan you could revive aerith and ruby weapon and sapphiore wasn't in ff7. so really america bugged the game but if i can get a get a game shark i can correct that. oh and there is ways to play as Zack and to skip to other movies. I'm NOT TELLING HOW! and you don't need a game shark i don't think.... :tongue:

Flashback007
10-28-2004, 12:14 PM
This is simply to much. Ok, a movie was ok. Before the Crisis then it gets a little bit strange. DOC, the border of to much is reached. Crisis Core *runs away* Watch out the idea bunker of Square Enix is going to blow. No, they are simply trusting to much on FFVII. If the movie fails the games will also be a failure. And that will cost then milions if not more. I don't like to say it but I think this will kill whole Square Enix. Or make them rich. What will be next a prequel with Caith Sith in the main role?? What would be fun though, maybe a prequel about the war between Wutai and Midgar??

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-28-2004, 12:24 PM
i dont know about u guys but i think square is aware of how the previous ff's did better in terms of depth than the most recent ff's....hence they are milking off 7....bit dissapointing but ill reserve this attitude until i see or play these games...

i as well hope square can pull this off...sequels, movies games, mobile...whatever!....i got my fingers crossed

SUBSTANCE SQUARE SUBSTANCE....let there be some depth in the ff7 merchindise!!

lol i guess they really woke up what used to be sleeping.....

Rostum
10-28-2004, 12:52 PM
i guess they really woke up what used to be sleeping.....

I'm sort of glad they did though. It will never ruin the original, and it can only add more enjoyment in the experience, IMO.

TheAbominatrix
10-28-2004, 07:08 PM
the movie will be produced for dvd/ps2/psp and the game ffVII:DC will be for ps2/psp and in the original game series in japan you could revive aerith and ruby weapon and sapphiore wasn't in ff7. so really america bugged the game but if i can get a get a game shark i can correct that. oh and there is ways to play as Zack and to skip to other movies. I'm NOT TELLING HOW! and you don't need a game shark i don't think.... :tongue:

You can only play as Aerith by using a Gameshark, both in the English and Japanese versions, and you cannot play as Zack in any way, shape or form.

DJZen
10-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Excuse me while I go hit myself in the head with a sledgehammer......

XxSephirothxX
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
This is almost too much! On one hand, I'm delighted to have more Final Fantasy games coming out. But it seems like they're leaning on VII a little too much. I wish they'd maybe work on something in a different universe...but, hey, as long as they do it well, I'll still play it! :D

TheAbominatrix
10-28-2004, 09:28 PM
This is almost too much! On one hand, I'm delighted to have more Final Fantasy games coming out. But it seems like they're leaning on VII a little too much. I wish they'd maybe work on something in a different universe...but, hey, as long as they do it well, I'll still play it! :D

They are still working on other things. FFXII and Kingdom Hearts 2, to name some of the many. They havent stopped production on anything else.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-28-2004, 11:20 PM
AC - Advent Children
BC - Before Crisis
CC - Crisis Core
DC - Dirge of Cerberus

You think this is "too much"? We still have EC through ZC to go, people.

SomethingBig
10-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Um. What is PSP? >_> Sounds like Paint Shop Pro.... :fpsweat:
I think everyone thought that, too.

On Crisis Core, I'm starting to lose faith in SE, like Joel. AC, holy fornicate, Square, amazing. Thank you so very much for the movie sequel! Before Crisis? Meh, okay, Square, I'll give you that. Dirge of Cerberus? .... Is this really necessary, Square...? Crisis Core? Dear GOD, just stop it with the sequels. You see what happens what all the whining got us? 3 sequels too many.

Big D
10-29-2004, 12:35 AM
On Crisis Core, I'm starting to lose faith in SE, like Joel. AC, holy fornicate, Square, amazing. Thank you so very much for the movie sequel! Before Crisis? Meh, okay, Square, I'll give you that. Dirge of Cerberus? .... Is this really necessary, Square...? Crisis Core? Dear GOD, just stop it with the sequels. You see what happens what all the whining got us? 3 sequels too many.Before Crisis = prequel, and a cellphone game to boot. Thus, basically irrelevant due to the probable lack of any real depth or plot.

Besides, the whole FF series is basically one "sequel" after another. As long as they're good games, I don't think anyone needs to be worried.

"OMG, theyr making FFXII! TOO MANY GAEMS SQUARE U SUK! I want soemthing new n exiting! Liek sequel for MY personal favorit game but not other peoples."

SomethingBig
10-29-2004, 12:37 AM
I mean games that are direct links to another game. I just think that they're going way too far with those.

Shoeberto
10-29-2004, 01:34 AM
coming april 1st 2005 to an xbox near you

Trumpet Thief
10-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Grimace: Another one? *explodes*

Carnage
10-29-2004, 10:35 PM
ANother one! SO whats this one about?

Big D
10-30-2004, 08:27 AM
Maybe they've just realised something:

"We've gone as far as we can with making unique, stand-alone games. The worlds and characters are getting less unique, more clichéd each time. Instead of churning out a formulaic 'new epic adventure' every two years, let's instead focus on the good work we've already done by expanding the ideas and worlds that people are familiar with and want to know more about".

That could be part of the reason for what they're doing. After all, FFT, FFTA, FFXII and Vagrant Story all overlap somewhat.

XxSephirothxX
10-30-2004, 09:58 PM
They are still working on other things. FFXII and Kingdom Hearts 2, to name some of the many. They havent stopped production on anything else.

I know, I was just thinking that, with all of the Final Fantasy VII sequels, there are other things they could be doing with that time, money, and personell. But, as I said, if they produce quality titles, it's not really that big of a deal. But if they announce another VII sequel...sheesh.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-31-2004, 12:57 AM
I imagine people wouldn't find it nearly as ridiculous if they'd actually release one before announcing the next one. But, you know, no one complained when they announced and released screenshots for FFIX, FFX, and FFXI all at once back in '99.

Erdrick Holmes
10-31-2004, 01:27 AM
It's all FFX-2s fault. It sold well dispite being utter crap and now they're thinking making a bajillion FFVII sequels will work. You cut me deep, SE. You cut me really deep.

TheAbominatrix
10-31-2004, 01:27 AM
It's all FFX-2s fault. It sold well dispite being utter crap and now they're thinking making a bajillion FFVII sequels will work. You cut me deep, SE. You cut me really deep.

:rolleyes2 Yeah, it had nothing to do with the thousands of FFVII fans screaming for a sequel since the game came out.

And of course, your opinion on any game is fact. Have you even played X-2?

Necronopticous
10-31-2004, 01:30 AM

:rolleyes2 Yeah, it had nothing to do with the thousands of FFVII fans screaming for a sequel since the game came out.

And of course, your opinion on any game is fact. Have you even played X-2?

Carnage
10-31-2004, 01:12 PM
Hey you guys made the exact same post word for word! Strange

Del Murder
10-31-2004, 05:48 PM
'If you don't have something nice to say'

If this comes out for a system I own then I'll get it, but if not whatever. I'm starting to lose interest. The problem with more and more sequels is that it makes each one less special. It's about pacing oneself.